The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDeity

Actually, I'm freakin obsessed with how sound works. Especially synth technology. The fact that different timbres result from different volumes of overtones is just about the coolest thing ever.

Waddle Bro

Quote from: FierceDeity on November 18, 2013, 03:29:28 AMActually, I'm freakin obsessed with how sound works. Especially synth technology. The fact that different timbres result from different volumes of overtones is just about the coolest thing ever.
I know right!? I'm planning on studying music technology after I graduate.

Clanker37

A Uni in Perth offers a Music Technology + Composition degree, so I know where I'm going!

That is unless deGrasse-Tyson can convince me of astrophysics.

ETFROXX

Yugi

help me

im not sure how much of this shit i can take anymore

MasterProX

Asked a girl out. She said no. Current success rate is now 0/10.

I would post a rant, but I know you guys hate my rants. So, the end.

FierceDeity

Quote from: MasterProX on November 22, 2013, 04:45:01 PMAsked a girl out. She said no. Current success rate is now 0/10.

Sorry to hear that. This is literally the rant thread, though, and that's a rather unfortunate occurrence, so I say have at it.

Clanker37

Quote from: MasterProX on November 22, 2013, 04:45:01 PMAsked a girl out. She said no. Current success rate is now 0/10.

Hey, at least you asked a girl out. You're three steps ahead of most people.

Bubbles

Quote from: Clanker37 on November 22, 2013, 06:11:13 PMHey, at least you asked a girl out. You're three steps ahead of most people.
Seriously though.

MasterProX

There isn't really much to say about what happened anyway, so I can't think of much to type here.

One thing worth mentioning is that my asshole friends were the ones who kept convincing me to ask her out (even her best friend was pestering me to).  Now that I asked and she said no, they've all shifted from calling me a pussy to calling me an idiot.

Thankfully, Jackie (the girl I asked out) is the nicest girl in the world, and she agreed to pretend that this never happened so we can still be friends.

Bubbles

I've learned from experience to not tell my friends who I like, just for that reason. It's happened too many times to other people in my group and no way in hell am I letting it happen to me. Sure there are some people I trust, but the other ones can always weasel it out of them

KefkaticFanatic

I think a mutual understanding that it's not something that is of interest and in the realm of possibility, rather than simply "pretending it never happened", would be more conducive to keeping a strong friendship and avoiding lingering awkwardness.

At least, it's worked out for me in such cases and I believe better so.  Though perhaps that is what you are actually doing.

me irl
[close]

Bubbles

I have online assignments for chemistry, and my teacher suggested printing out the assignments so we don't have to be in front of a computer to complete them. So I did that, but I completely forgot to actually put the answers on the website. I got locked out and can't do anything now, and my grade literally dropped six whole points

Yugi