News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

That's ridiculous. Do you work at a restaurant or something? How do you complain about ANY service on Christmas? Good or bad, be thankful they're even open and serving you on Christmas day. I'm sorry you had to work yesterday, that must have been awful. :C
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FierceDeity

Grrr, the copy of Skies of Arcadia that I got for Christmas keeps freezing, despite my parents (without my knowledge, I'd have never let them do this) paying $45 for it (A USED GAME), on the grounds that it was "in great condition!", without even seeing a picture of the disc quality. It is not in great condition. It is scratched and dirty as hell, and will just bring up the error screen at random times during battles (and if you've ever played Skies of Arcadia, you'll know just how often that has the potential to happen). I got up to the point where
Spoiler
you're about to fight Rhaknam
[close]
and now it freezes pretty much every battle.
Spoiler
DAMNIT GAME, ALL I WANT TO DO IS AVENGE LITTLE JACK, IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK
[close]

mikey

I clicked the spoiler because I figured I wouldn't know what you were talking about... But I did... And far from being scarred I gotta say that fight seems pretty fun!  Can't wait to get there!
You got it for the dreamcast, no?   You should get the gamecube one.
unmotivated

FierceDeity

Nope, I got the gamecube one. Unfortunately, online sellers can lie about games they're selling regardless of what system it's for...
Although, my original copy was for the dreamcast, where there's double the risk (in a sense), because it's a 2-disc set. The first disc works fine, but the second one was scratched, and wouldn't work at all :/ so this is my second time getting to around this point in the game and being unable to continue. (third, or maybe fourth, if you consider the fact that I forgot once or twice that the second disc was scratched, and started a new game after not playing it for a while).

mikey

Oh man that stinks :/  You're missing out on some pretty great stuff I think.
unmotivated

KefkaticFanatic

Depending on where it was ordered from, you may be able to go through some sort of appeal process to get a refund or exchange (in the case of a larger business that may have had multiple)

And if the seller refuses to comply then you usually can get the intermediary (i.e. Amazon or eBay) to force a refund.

me irl
[close]

JDMEK5

So the place I applied (and seemed to get hired) to haven't called me in for orientation yet even though the manager said that someone would have called by yesterday.. What should I do?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

KefkaticFanatic

Email and/or call someone in the context of you wanting to ensure they haven't misplaced or erroneously recorded their contact information given that you were assured you would have been contacted by this point.

me irl
[close]

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

FierceDeity

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on January 09, 2014, 11:20:26 AMDepending on where it was ordered from, you may be able to go through some sort of appeal process to get a refund or exchange (in the case of a larger business that may have had multiple)

And if the seller refuses to comply then you usually can get the intermediary (i.e. Amazon or eBay) to force a refund.

Yup, already bitched the seller out (in the most professional manner possible, haha) on Amazon. Currently awaiting a response.

Ruto

The heat was only turned on at about 10 PM and there's still no hot water since yesterday morning. I might just report the asshole landlord anyway without telling him. He put up a notice saying they were fixing the boiler but it would be turned back on after 5. That was 9 hours ago. 

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

MasterProX

Have a book report poster and presentation due Monday. Haven't started.

Who's willing to help?

Mashi

MasterProX

Sophie's Choice, by William Styron. I have most of it planned; the rest, I dunno.

Like, I think the theme is suffering and how it affects everyone (my proof is this one quote about how the Nazis were out to kill not just the Jews). However, I need a figurative illustration for this. And I suck at drawing.

Any ideas, first of all? A picture to portray the universality of suffering?

FierceDeity