The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

That's not what I meant. It's just that whenever something is repeatedly shoved in my face it really turns me off to it. It doesn't necessarily have to be popular, just annoying

Dude

Quote from: Bubbles on January 17, 2014, 11:38:18 AMThat's not what I meant. It's just that whenever something is repeatedly shoved in my face it really turns me off to it. It doesn't necessarily have to be popular, just annoying
By annoying, do you mean "played over and over again enough to annoy me" or "I just don't like this song because it's bad"

Bubbles

The first one. Though it applies to things other than songs too

Yugi

Quote from: FierceDeity on January 17, 2014, 09:21:08 AMI saw the movie (and it was amazing), and let it go wasn't even my favorite song from it, although it seems to be everyone else's :/ I may not have a little sister, but I do have a bunch of friends who've been singing it. Personally, I prefer Do You Want To Build A Snowman, but that might just be because of this awesome parody my friend made of it.
Speaking of which, I have something to post in the attack on titan thread later today...
Do you want to build a snowman > Fixer Upper > Let it Go > Frozen Heart > Everything else.

SlowPokemon

Fixer Upper was by far the weakest song imo. Let It Go is easily the best, and another one that I think people forget about is "Love Is an Open Door." I love that one, not necessarily because it's a great song, but because of how clever the composition is when you think about it:

Major plot spoilers for Frozen
The music is really simple and there isn't too much to it. It's sort of odd how "informal" and bubbly it sounds for a scene where Anna's meeting the love of her life...oh yeah, because he's secretly the big bad and that isn't real love at all.
[close]
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Yugi

Fixer Upper wasn't bad, it was just out of place considering where it was in the story.

Love is an open door
I think that the best part of that song was that some of the lyrics were implying that Hans didn't really care about Anna ("You and I were just meant to be") for example
[close]

SlowPokemon

Actually let's be honest one of the best things about that song was how it referenced Arrested Development.

Yugi

mikey

Quote from: Yugi on January 17, 2014, 12:43:26 PMDo you want to build a snowman > Fixer Upper > Let it Go > Frozen Heart > Everything else.
No it's
Let it Go>In Summer/Olaf's Song>For the First Time (In Forever?)>Love is an Open Door>Christoff's Song>Fixer Upper>Frozen Heart>Build A Snowman
For sure.
unmotivated

KefkaticFanatic

The most criticism I've heard about Frozen so far is people mad that people are liking it too much because it apparently shouldn't be as good as people are overhyping it to be.

But I haven't even seen it so I have no clue :B

me irl
[close]

Yugi

On the topic of disney songs, Me, Mashi and some other people had a disney song gauntlet, in which Gaston won.

We also characterized Winnie Pooh as Beelzebub, and had Gaston burn Jack Skellington on the stake.

Ruto

Quote from: JDMEK5 on January 17, 2014, 08:16:13 AMDoes anyone else have any little sisters who are incessantly singing "Let it go" (or something) from Frozen? I haven't seen the movie, but I can sing the song by heart. :/ (Not like I ever do or will)

I was babysitting a kid today who was doing that. Her dad has been hearing the song for a whole month and had to learn how to play it on the piano for her.

I watched the movie for the first time today but I was it was just good. The fixing song was actually really annoying for me and I thought it was a bad time to break into song. The other stuff was okay. I only liked the pictures and snow.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Ruto on January 18, 2014, 10:10:09 PMI was babysitting a kid today who was doing that. Her dad has been hearing the song for a whole month and had to learn how to play it on the piano for her.

I watched the movie for the first time today but I was it was just good. The fixing song was actually really annoying for me and I thought it was a bad time to break into song. The other stuff was okay. I only liked the pictures and snow.

Same, I really disliked that fixer upper song.

Ruto

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 18, 2014, 10:17:10 PMSame, I really disliked that fixer upper song.

Spoiler
I was like, "Stop singing because she's been hit by ice beam and might die and all you're thinking about is setting them up?"

Sounds like some of you guys...xD
[close]

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

mikey

Quote from: Ruto on January 18, 2014, 11:04:06 PM
Spoiler
I was like, "Stop singing because she's been hit by ice beam and might die and all you're thinking about is setting them up?"

Sounds like some of you guys...xD
[close]
THIS EXACTLY D:
just whyyyyyyyyyyyy
unmotivated