News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugi

Fixer Upper is better without outside context, I like it, but I can see why those who don't like it don't.

This gives you absolutly no right to hate on "Frozen Heart" and "Do you want to build a Snowman" though.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Yugi on January 19, 2014, 12:54:56 PMFixer Upper is better without outside context, I like it, but I can see why those who don't like it don't.

Actually even outside the movie I find it annoying. The melody is really weak imo. Doesn't mean you're wrong but I think it's hands-down the worst Disney song I've ever heard.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Yugi

Waddle Bro

SlowPokemon

@Yugi--for an actual disney theater-released film, yes by far

mikey

Quote from: Yugi on January 19, 2014, 12:54:56 PMFixer Upper is better without outside context, I like it, but I can see why those who don't like it don't.

This gives you absolutly no right to hate on "Frozen Heart" and "Do you want to build a Snowman" though.
I did not like Build a Snowman at ALL.  That being said Frozen Heart was by no means bad, just not up to par with the greater songs like Let It Go and Love is an Open Door.  AND Olaf's Song ;)
unmotivated

FierceDeity

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 19, 2014, 05:23:04 PMI did not like Build a Snowman at ALL.

HOW CAN YOU SAY SUCH A THING
That was by far my favorite song in the film. First of all, catchy as fuck. Second, it manages to have actual emotional substance (dat last verse), humor (hang in there, Joan), and significance to the plot (hell, it essentially drives the plot). Olaf's song, on the other hand, basically just had the humor. What did it mean for the main plot? Lol literally nothing. And unless you count "Oh I get it, I'm supposed to find him adorably stupid" as emotional substance, then there isn't really any of that, either.
EDIT: Also, I like Kristen Bell's voice wayyyy more than Idina Menzel's.

mikey

Quote from: FierceDeity on January 19, 2014, 05:48:56 PMEDIT: Also, I like Kristen Bell's voice wayyyy more than Idina Menzel's.

:O  HOW DARE YOU

On a side note, will we never agree on anything?
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: FierceDeity on January 19, 2014, 05:48:56 PMHOW CAN YOU SAY SUCH A THING
That was by far my favorite song in the film. First of all, catchy as fuck. Second, it manages to have actual emotional substance (dat last verse), humor (hang in there, Joan), and significance to the plot (hell, it essentially drives the plot). Olaf's song, on the other hand, basically just had the humor. What did it mean for the main plot? Lol literally nothing. And unless you count "Oh I get it, I'm supposed to find him adorably stupid" as emotional substance, then there isn't really any of that, either.
EDIT: Also, I like Kristen Bell's voice wayyyy more than Idina Menzel's.

I agree with everything you said except for the last part, I like Idina Menzel's voice (and her character) a lot better than Kristen Bell's. But yeah to be honest, I really was annoyed by Olaf's character and don't understand why he's so popular. Yeah yeah, he's a snowman who wants summer, yuk yuk yuk, but beyond that???

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 19, 2014, 05:59:30 PMI agree with everything you said except for the last part, I like Idina Menzel's voice (and her character) a lot better than Kristen Bell's. But yeah to be honest, I really was annoyed by Olaf's character and don't understand why he's so popular. Yeah yeah, he's a snowman who wants summer, yuk yuk yuk, but beyond that???
I just liked the song.  As far as characters go he's pretty average in the funny department.
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

What a perfect time to get sick. Ah hahahaha not!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Mashi

So I just contracted syphilis, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, the Black Plague, brucellosis, yellow fever, small pox, the common cold, the uncommon cold, shingles, scarlet fever, and Geiko to save 15% or more on care insurance.

So what problems do you all have???

DrP

I don't have enough money to buy food for 2 weeks.

Yeah... and that's real.

Ruto

Quote from: DrP on January 20, 2014, 07:04:14 PMI don't have enough money to buy food for 2 weeks.

Yeah... and that's real.

They didn't pay you yet? :( Since you work for one of those big firms, isn't there a snack fridge at work you can raid? My sister said they have free soda and milk at her workplace. Do they pay for your lunch too?

Quote from: Mashi on January 20, 2014, 07:02:03 PMSo I just contracted syphilis, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, the Black Plague, brucellosis, yellow fever, small pox, the common cold, the uncommon cold, shingles, scarlet fever, and Geiko to save 15% or more on care insurance.
Hahaha the uncommon cold. I guess my problem right now is that my internet is too slow.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Mashi

drpamplemousse, you should look for charitable organisations that supply free food.  I'm not sure if they're as abundant where you live, but in NYC there are a bunch of them.  Usually, churches and masjids do such things, for example.  Either way, good luck!  Hope you can make it through without too much trouble!