The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

^That's how I've been feeling most of the time, but on the other hand I am literally their only friends. They always bitch about each other and I feel like I'm the glue holding them together.

And I think I misled all of you guys when I said I was a "closet nerd". I'm not constantly repressing my fangirl emotions in public, and I don't feel like I'm holding back any part of me in order to fit in. I enjoy being with people during the day (whether I talk much or not), and when I go home I play video games or something. That's basically "me", and I'm fine with that. It's two separate worlds that I don't want interfering with each other, because that is not "me"

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 11, 2014, 08:09:32 PMHow I got over my unsociability: Stop thinking about it and let your inner weird shine.
That's good advice. :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SuperFireKirby

Everyone compartmentalizes their life and personalities to some degree, so I totes understand where you're coming from Bobbels. But if you're what's holding that group together, maybe they need to find new friends? Seriously, you shouldn't feel obligated to them just because you're their crutch or whatever.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Kman96

Quote from: Kman96 on February 11, 2014, 07:04:23 PM...we really ought to just get a place and call it the "NSM cave" where we keep cool video games and the NinSheetMobile, etc.

Also, we need a NinSheetMobile.
Did nobody see my awesome suggestion???
Party Hard!
[close]

mikey

Bubbles I kind of don't quite understand fully.  But what I'm seeing is you're almost ashamed to be you.
Screw people who make fun of you.
unmotivated

Bubbles

But I'm not. The best way I can describe it is that nerdiness is my hobby, not my life. I enjoy doing it once in a whie, but its not the main focus of my life

No one is even making fun of me (at least to my knowledge). It's more like I have leeches stuck to me that I can't pull off.

FierceDeity

Unrelated, but I figured this belonged in this topic.
http://www.candyswipe.com/king.html

King better not actually succeed, I mean fuck

FireArrow

Quote from: Bubbles on February 12, 2014, 03:21:24 PMBut I'm not. The best way I can describe it is that nerdiness is my hobby, not my life. I enjoy doing it once in a whie, but its not the main focus of my life

No one is even making fun of me (at least to my knowledge). It's more like I have leeches stuck to me that I can't pull off.

This is exactly the way I feel. You don't want people to think "video games" when they think of you, because there's more to you than that.

As for advice, just tell them. That way they can go find a new best friend that actually shares their PDA towards nerd-life, instead of wasting their time trying to get you to play along.

Trying to break a friendship passive aggressively (social ques) is a really bad idea. You're forcing them to bring up the subject, which is both cruel (because they're not the ones that want to end it) and ineffective (chances are they have caught on, but just don't want to accept it.)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Bubbles

But how do I even do that? One of them is becoming a bit self aware, and she's asked me "Am I being annoying" or "Do I talk about [blank] too much?" multiple times and I always wuss out at the last second and say no (except once, where I responded with "a little" but then quickly said "it's fine" when she got sad). I just can't hurt her feelings no matter how much shes hurting mine :/

KefkaticFanatic

I mean, you should probably just tell them that you do find that annoying and perhaps tell them you would rather they didn't always talk about it, since that isn't the sort of image you want to have.  Better than being all passive aggressive and not acknowledging anything at least.

me irl
[close]

FierceDeity

FireArrow

Quote from: Bubbles on February 12, 2014, 11:07:54 PMBut how do I even do that? One of them is becoming a bit self aware, and she's asked me "Am I being annoying" or "Do I talk about [blank] too much?" multiple times and I always wuss out at the last second and say no (except once, where I responded with "a little" but then quickly said "it's fine" when she got sad). I just can't hurt her feelings no matter how much shes hurting mine :/

Just "girl talk" and be straight with them. Do it privately, but make sure it's in person. Not going to sugar coat it; it will hurt their feelings and you probably will feel bad about it, but it's better in the long run. Both parties are being hurt right now trying not to bring it up with the other.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Bubbles

Ugh I doubt I'll ever get enough courage to do that but thanks for all the suggestions guys! I really appreciate it

MaestroUGC

OR.

You could just be super intense and go super gamer girl on them and constantly bug them about it until they go away.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Ruto

This is old news but the school chancellor for NYC made the public schools open today so the parents of those students could have a place to leave their kids to go to work (only to get out of work early to pick them up), and get a hot lunch (?!!). I'm sure she means well, but she's an idiot because 9.5" of snow fell today with high winds and then there was a thunderstorm. The snow is going to start again soon.

Someone posted a picture of her walking miserably in the snow in the afternoon. That cheered me up a little xD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.