The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

For under $40, I'd go with these: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Precision-Enhanced-Earbuds-Black/dp/B001EZYMF4/ref=pd_bxgy_e_text_y

I own a pair that I use when I work out and their sound is very nice for the price. Only problem is that Sennheiser had the genius idea of making the split part of the cable asymmetrical, so one part is longer than the other. But that's only a big deal if you use them for running, where it gets REALLY annoying.

Also, Amazon bumped up the price $10 from what they were when I bought them a few months ago. Probably can find a better deal on another site(you usually do with headphones)

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on March 05, 2014, 10:48:04 AMFor under $40, I'd go with these: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Precision-Enhanced-Earbuds-Black/dp/B001EZYMF4/ref=pd_bxgy_e_text_y

I own a pair that I use when I work out and their sound is very nice for the price. Only problem is that Sennheiser had the genius idea of making the split part of the cable asymmetrical, so one part is longer than the other. But that's only a big deal if you use them for running, where it gets REALLY annoying.

Also, Amazon bumped up the price $10 from what they were when I bought them a few months ago. Probably can find a better deal on another site(you usually do with headphones)

The reason of the asymmetrical cable is for you to wrap the longer one around the back of your neck so when you take them out they hang around your neck and dont just flop way down.  It's an alrighttttt thing but yea I would rather just have had standard cable :P

Those incidentally were my first non-stock earbuds.  Just keep moving on up ;)

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: mariolegofan on March 03, 2014, 06:46:34 AMI think its about time I get a Wii U :)
I really look forward to playing Super Mario 3D World

You should; it's easily the greatest Mario game since Super Mario Galaxy 2 a few years ago.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sebastian

Aaaand I need to get Super Mario Galaxy 2. Im finishing up the first one

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 06, 2014, 02:56:06 PMThe reason of the asymmetrical cable is for you to wrap the longer one around the back of your neck so when you take them out they hang around your neck and dont just flop way down.  It's an alrighttttt thing but yea I would rather just have had standard cable :P
Yea i no. That's what I do, but it's still really annoying compared to regular cables. I'm probably get the ie4's once these give out/I get bored and want to buy something.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

I've heard very good things about these: http://www.amazon.com/HiFiMAN-RE400-HIFIMAN-RE-400-HEADPHONES/dp/B00AWLEAH6

Though I'm not really sure what I would go to next since I'm pretty sure my Shures are going to last a longggg time since the cable is replaceable (and warranty covered!)

me irl
[close]

hjm978

It sucks to be me.
It sucks to be me.
It sucks to be single, unemployed, and almost 33.
It sucks to be me.
I love Avenue Q. Even though I'm not 33. But broke, unemployed,  and turning 15...

hjm978

DrP

So I needed to go shopping to make my food for the week.

And so I go to Trader Joes to get the stuff I need. Of those things I get garlic.

I live 30 miles away from the garlic capital of the world (Gilroy) and the garlic I got was from Argentina (6000 miles away)!!

I should've gone to Costco and got the 5lb bag of peeled garlic from Gilry for $6 instead of spending $2.50 on this crap and spending 45 minutes peeling garlic

KefkaticFanatic

It didn't take you 45min to peel 2 heads of garlic did you ._.

Perhaps you need to refine your technique... try cutting the ends off first, or putting the cloves in an closed container and shaking it up.

me irl
[close]

McDucky

Could be mutant alien radioactive slime garlic. Those can be tricky to peel.

Ruto

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

DrP

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on March 16, 2014, 12:48:34 AMIt didn't take you 45min to peel 2 heads of garlic did you ._.

Perhaps you need to refine your technique... try cutting the ends off first, or putting the cloves in an closed container and shaking it up.
Nope. I peeled 6 heads. I could have also been adding the time to peel ginger too.

Usually I cut off the ends and then I peel and the skin separates easily, but this stuff you had to really go at it to get all the skin off.