News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDeity

I've been waiting for a practice room in my department's FLOOR FULL OF PRACTICE ROOMS to open up for over an hour now, and the same 5 people keep walking past me (as of about 10 minutes ago), checking to see if any of the rooms in this hallway I'm sitting in have opened up. If any of them even try to go into one of these rooms before me, I swear to god I will drag them out if I have to.

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't audibly complain about how long this is taking. No, fuck you, wait another 50 minutes and then you can complain.

Olimar12345

THE STRUGGLE IS REAL

In addition to this problem, there has been a shortage of music stands at our school. I hate everything
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Ruto

I spent 6-7 hours yesterday studying for today's probability test -.- The harder problems ended up on the test and I couldn't remember how to do all of it still (even though some was nearly identical to the practice). Basically I was doing the same thing I did yesterday but in 2 hours, with the easier distributions omitted and replaced with proof questions. Integrating different kinds of probability distributions repeatedly without a calculator takes more than just 15 minutes sometimes :(

Also no curve. 

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

braix

Quote from: Ruto on May 05, 2014, 05:08:12 PMI spent 6-7 hours yesterday studying for today's probability test -.- The harder problems ended up on the test and I couldn't remember how to do all of it still (even though some was nearly identical to the practice). Basically I was doing the same thing I did yesterday but in 2 hours, with the easier distributions omitted and replaced with proof questions. Integrating different kinds of probability distributions repeatedly without a calculator takes more than just 15 minutes sometimes :(

Also no curve.
sheesh, and I'm only just learning y1-y2/x1-x2 right now. :P
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

SuperFireKirby

Trig and chemistry finals tomorrow. Need a 72% to get a B in Trig, no fucking clue what my grade is in chem because I overslept and missed last class. But chem is easy so I'm guessing it's an A or a high B.

I wish math was easy like chemistry. Then I could just play video games and get A's on all my tests instead of 10 hours of studying in the past 2 days and barely managing B's.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

mikey

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on May 05, 2014, 05:24:15 PMTrig and chemistry finals tomorrow. Need a 72% to get a B in Trig, no fucking clue what my grade is in chem because I overslept and missed last class. But chem is easy so I'm guessing it's an A or a high B.

I wish math was easy like chemistry. Then I could just play video games and get A's on all my tests instead of 10 hours of studying in the past 2 days and barely managing B's.
trig is ugh
unmotivated

Maelstrom

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on May 05, 2014, 05:24:15 PMTrig and chemistry finals tomorrow. Need a 72% to get a B in Trig, no fucking clue what my grade is in chem because I overslept and missed last class. But chem is easy so I'm guessing it's an A or a high B.

Wait, I thought chem was math?

SuperFireKirby

Only, like, 95% of the time. ::)

But because it actually has real-world bearings rather than simply being abstract sequences of number, variables, and equations with no real intent or purpose given to them(even word problems, which are just paper-thin disguises on the same bullshit), it's a much easier subject to grasp.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Ruto

Yes, I wouldn't have been able to solve this in 7.5 minutes -.- this was part 2 of one of the proof problems -.-

Science is just applied math, it's just the upper level stuff that starts to get a little abstract.

braix

Quote from: Ruto on May 05, 2014, 05:58:10 PM

Yes, I wouldn't have been able to solve this in 7.5 minutes -.- this was part 2 of one of the proof problems -.-

Science is just applied math, it's just the upper level stuff that starts to get a little abstract.
This scares me. I don't want to-AHHH
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Maelstrom

fingerz

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Ruto

Probability theory, a stats class for science and engineering majors. Proofs are annoying just because it's all about ideas in math instead of just plugging in numbers and solving -.- I can't really imagine inventing this stuff. (Would you have known that var(X)=E(X^2)-((E(X))^2 if it wasn't already written there? Oh and the proof of var(X) was in another part of the test. He really didn't skip a beat...just remembered to take out the easier problems :(

Yeah, I know I have to learn to calculate things by hand, but with computers around I just get so lazy...the concepts are not that hard, but writing everything out is :(

SuperFireKirby

Ruto, quit slowly convincing me to ditch my science major.

Ruto

Heyyy Kefka hasn't even completed this course yet so you're probably safe xD I'm a math minor...if I just stuck to chemistry and physics I wouldn't even see this myself. So...I did bring this on myself D;

I think you said you were a biology major? Don't know what it's like for you, but here, the biology classes are 80% women. Fun?

Oddly, my probability class is ~70% women, which is rather high considering it's a math class xD