The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddle Bro

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

ETFROXX

In her defense, we can get in big trouble if we sell to someone who then gives it to minors.

When I had to watch a video about selling alcohol, it gave this crazy scenario that went something like this:

If John buys alcohol legally and then takes it to a party where Shaniquanaynay drinks some of the alcohol and gets alcohol poisoning, it can be traced back to the cashier that sold the alcohol and they will get in trouble.

Olimar12345

Yeah, but it's only against the law to sell to minors. Anything else is determined by the individual store's policy.

Also, I believe the the penalty would be on the individual who supplied the minors with alcohol. If you sell it to someone of age then that person is not you, but the purchaser. Interesting fun fact: If you card someone who provides a fake ID that appears legitimate and you sell to them, they are committing the offense, not you.

stuff

Sec. 106.03. SALE TO MINORS

(a) A person commits an offense if with criminal negligence he sells an alcoholic beverage to a minor.
(b) A person who sells a minor an alcoholic beverage does not commit an offense if the minor falsely represents himself to be 21 years old or older by displaying an apparently valid proof of identification that contains a physical description and photograph consistent with the minor's appearance, purports to establish that the minor is 21 years of age or older, and was issued by a governmental agency. The proof of identification may include a driver's license or identification card issued by the Department of Public Safety, a passport, or a military identification card.

Sec. 106.07. MISREPRESENTATION OF AGE BY A MINOR

(a) A minor commits an offense if he falsely states that he is 21 years of age or older or presents any document that indicates he is 21 years of age or older to a person engaged in selling or serving alcoholic beverages.
[close]

I was able to provide proof that it was perfectly legal for me to purchase the beverage (singular, btw). It was impossible for anyone to prove or disprove what I would do with it, really.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

ETFROXX

Yeah, I just remember the scenario in the video I had to watch was REALLY farfetched.

MaestroUGC

But most businesses are well within their right to withhold sale on anything to anyone for any reason. If the seller had suspected that you were going to give alcohol to minors they were perfectly in their right to not sell you the alcohol, regardless of your actual intentions.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

Yes, which is why I said this:

Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 07, 2014, 11:13:57 PMAnything else is determined by the individual store's policy.

The point of my post was to comment on how it was impossible to prove or disprove my intentions. She lied when she said she had definitive proof leaning one way or the other, and was quite frankly rude about the whole ordeal.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

Quote from: ETFROXX on October 07, 2014, 10:09:18 PMIn her defense, we can get in big trouble if we sell to someone who then gives it to minors.

When I had to watch a video about selling alcohol, it gave this crazy scenario that went something like this:

If John buys alcohol legally and then takes it to a party where Shaniquanaynay drinks some of the alcohol and gets alcohol poisoning, it can be traced back to the cashier that sold the alcohol and they will get in trouble.
I saw that video
I'm like "people I'm only 16 I don't have to deal with this trash"
And seriously getting fired for a minor getting drunk and nearly killed when you sold the alcohol to like a 25 year old is really sad.
unmotivated

braix

Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

braix

braix

mikey

Looks like family issues :/
I'm gonna have to pick up a ton of slack, but it makes me want to curl up into a ball and play league
unmotivated

MasterProX

I'm already falling behind in ceramics. And to get an A, you need to do everything that's required "and more".

As if I didn't already have enough bullshit in my other classes to worry about... even after cheating on a U.S. History exam, I still failed. And I'm one of the top students. Someone help.