News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

MaestroUGC

I don't play on request.

I don't even play for money.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

braix

Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles on December 27, 2014, 05:07:01 PMI don't mind having family over but every single time someone asks me to play the piano for them >_> you'd think after 10+ years they'd know I'm not comfortable with that
I enjoy playing for my relatives but I PLAY WHAT I WANT (and most of the times they're too busy talking to care what I'm playing)! I mix a bit of video game music in with Christmas music to keep things interesting.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

None of my other relative families are remotely musical so I don't normally have to bother with that problem.

Bubbles

Wow I totally wasn't expecting anyone to sympathize with me lol

Honestly I could play anything I want, it's just the playing itself that bothers me. I can't even play alone unless I feel like it, and I DEFINITELY won't feel like it if someone asks me to. And people in my family are known for being passive aggressive and even though I know that the guilt is overwhelming

SlowPokemon

I hate when I play and people take that as an invitation to start talking. It's really degrading, especially when they're the ones who asked me to play in the first place. And it's twice as bad when they're talking TO me.

Gosh I realize most people don't care about piano but don't act like you do just to be nice, I'd seriously rather you not asking me to play.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 27, 2014, 07:04:34 PMI hate when I play and people take that as an invitation to start talking. It's really degrading, especially when they're the ones who asked me to play in the first place. And it's twice as bad when they're talking TO me.

Gosh I realize most people don't care about piano but don't act like you do just to be nice, I'd seriously rather you not asking me to play.
Mom (while I'm playing piano): Hey, can you unload the dishwasher in 10 minutes?
Me: *nods*
Mom: ...can you unload the dishwasher in 10 minutes?
Me: *nods rapidly*
Mom: CAN YOU UNLOAD THE DISHWASHER IN 10 MINUTES!?!?
Me: *makes some sort of grunting noise while nodding*
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

I don't even have a large enough repertoire to play for my family if they ever do come for holidays
unmotivated

braix

Quote from: Bubbles on December 27, 2014, 06:55:41 PMWow I totally wasn't expecting anyone to sympathize with me lol

Honestly I could play anything I want, it's just the playing itself that bothers me. I can't even play alone unless I feel like it, and I DEFINITELY won't feel like it if someone asks me to. And people in my family are known for being passive aggressive and even though I know that the guilt is overwhelming
basically me at school with beatboxing

MaestroUGC

I find playing at the demands of other people to be demeaning and cheapens what I view to be my sense of self. I don't play for you, I play at my own pleasure. And I'm certainly not going to play anything I didn't write.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

It's really amusing because people are always like "Do you know..." And I'm just like "if you know it I probably don't"
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

blueflower999

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 27, 2014, 08:46:32 PMIt's really amusing because people are always like "Do you know..." And I'm just like "if you know it I probably don't"
Hey you're pretty good at taking my Ace Attorney/Layton requests.  :D
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Shadoninja

Quote from: Bubbles on December 27, 2014, 06:55:41 PMWow I totally wasn't expecting anyone to sympathize with me lol

I apologize for pestering you about ruby board.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Bubbles

Quote from: Shadoninja on December 27, 2014, 09:03:09 PMI apologize for pestering you about ruby board.
Nah, not that at all. Playing live is what gets me. Plus, there's very few songs that I can play through without messing up. I don't know the patterns and groupings of scales or whatever in order to recover from mistakes (see: improvising) so when I mess up its pretty obvious. So yeah recording is pretty difficult too