The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatGamer

Quote from: braixen1264 on January 07, 2015, 03:05:23 PM//sigh

Even you must admit I'm getting a little bit better, right? Arguing less, sarcasm less...
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

braix

You're getting a little better I'll give you that
But "less" doesn't mean "no more"
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

ThatGamer

Quote from: braixen1264 on January 07, 2015, 03:11:33 PMYou're getting a little better I'll give you that
But "less" doesn't mean "no more"

True. I am trying
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

FierceDeity

Quote from: ThatGamer on January 07, 2015, 03:06:39 PMEven you must admit I'm getting a little bit better, right? Arguing less, sarcasm less...

There's absolutely nothing wrong with sarcasm.

And I'd at least partly attribute the lack of arguing to the fact that people are slowly realizing around here that it's completely fruitless (takes two to tango).

I think you misunderstand why people are frustrated with you. It's not because of sarcasm, and it's not because of posting opinions on the internet. From my point of view, it's because I can't even remember more than 5 of your posts that have been relevant or necessary. Somebody can post a lot and still not be spamming, because they can actually have a fucking reason for doing it. Those posts could be actual, meaningful responses to things other people have said, or actual points of interest. But you seem to post for the sake of posting. You seem to make threads for the sake of making threads. Your response when you find a thread the likes of which you were planning to make shouldn't be "Oh no, now I don't get to make this thread!", it should be "Oh good, now I don't have to make this thread, because its purpose is already being served."

And the fact that you've yet to show any real signs of goodwill toward the community is pretty off-putting, as well. You do things that you seem to know will make people (particularly nebbles, it seems) uncomfortable; that you know will irritate people. You made that apology thread, and I had hoped it would be a turning point, but then you kinda went right back to doing a slightly less exaggerated version of what you were doing before. And when you did start this shitposting again, part of me was expecting another apology thread, and already adopting a "boy who cried wolf" mentality for how unbelievable it would be a second time. But even worse was that it never came. That your apology period lasted for such a small amount of time, and then ceased to exist entirely. And this would be almost forgivable if you just didn't realize that there was a problem. But as you point out now, you do. You realize that you're causing a shitload of conflicts, and while you're arbitrarily restricting certain facets of your behavior on here, these seem to be aimed at self-preservation, not at the actual betterment of the community. Not to mention, they're wholly insufficient for either purpose. You've yet to even remotely access the root of the problem, which is your mentality toward the other users. You shouldn't think, "Ugh I can't state any opinions/jokes on here because other people are just too easily offended/irritated." Try instead to think about why they might be offended or irritated by what you do.

Coming alone into a preexisting community isn't an easy thing to do. It really isn't. I didn't exactly have the easiest time of it, myself. But since I joined, NSM, you are definitely the most frustrating newcomer I've encountered, largely because I've convinced myself that you're probably not just a troll (though your impersonation of kingsammer really didn't help you in that regard). Maybe you do have good intentions, and just have a hard time expressing them. Maybe it's just that you're young, and you'll be better once you mature. The truth is, I don't know. With so many other newcomers here, no matter how annoying they may have been, I've been able to get a good idea for myself what they're here to do, and why. For you, I'm still not sure.

K-NiGhT

inb4 your post gets taken wildly out of proportion as a personal attack on ThatGamer
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

ThatGamer

Quote from: K-NiGhT on January 07, 2015, 03:48:51 PMinb4 your post gets taken wildly out of proportion as a personal attack on ThatGamer

It's ok, I'm leaving. :(

K-NiGhT

see this is exactly what i'm talking about, man.

You sit there and antagonize us and make us upset with you, then you try to turn it back around on us by doing stuff like this. It seems you haven't reached the point where you realize that people can call you out on your lies and other things, and you certainly haven't learned how to deal with criticisms.

If you feel you need to leave, then fine. I, for one, am not going to stop you. But I at least hope you can come back someday as a more mature person.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Nebbles

Trying to guilt trip us isn't going to tip things in your favor. If you're being called out on bad behavior, you have to sincerely recognize your mistakes, and apologize for them. Apologizing because you got called out and go "i might as well" isn't an actual apology. If people are calling you out on stuff, you need to recognize why they're doing it.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

I got fired.
But it's k cause I had a second job.
unmotivated

SuperFireKirby

So for some reason I didn't believe what Scrubs has to say on the subject of sex buddies(that is, eventually emotions start to come into play, someone starts wanting more, and someone ends up getting hurt), cuz dm;hs. But feelings and shit are starting to develop on both ends, despite neither of us wanting it, and fack. WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN TO YOUR WISDOM, DR. JOHN DORIAN. WHYYYYYY

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

mikey

unmotivated

mikey

unmotivated

FierceDeity

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 07, 2015, 09:32:18 PMsex buddies

But seriously though that sucks. Although the "neither of us wanting it" thing confuses me a little; does that mean neither of you want a relationship? Usually those things are sort of one-sided, unrequited love situations

SuperFireKirby

Eh, our relationship is...complicated, to put it vaguely.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!