News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddle Bro

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 01, 2015, 11:03:44 AMI don't have anything against feminists or antifeminists but I'm against both concepts because both sides tend to overinflate things.
The fuck

Clanker37

Quote from: Saria on March 01, 2015, 01:41:23 PMMaybe it's the idiots that are the problems we have to fix first. :o But I guess people would listen to them more because they want to find something to attack instead of just facing the real issue. Truly a shame.
Well it's like any issue, isn't it? Public perception is often shaped by the crazies of a group. Take Islam and Christianity for an example. In both religion you have the crazies (The one's who are part of ISIS and the one's who Bible bash against homosexuals especially if they've had abortions and are black), but, for the large majority, both people affiliated with these Religions are people who live down the street and have no problem with thinking similarly to them. Yet it's the media that goes on and on about how "Islam's threatening homes!" and "This Christian pastor wants to bring back segregation; and he's coming for your town!" It's the fear mongering which makes feminism seem a threat and therefore bad.

The problem I see with feminism, is that it doesn't have a direction. In the past, feminism was easy; "We want women to vote!" "We want to have women to be employed!" and this was an easy argument, since the end goal was clear. Now, because the aim of feminism to change the values that society holds of women, it's harder to not only explain the current feminist position, but also to properly target the issues that feminism has with society.

TL;DR: The media is still bad and the source of all evil. Feminism is hard to explain.

Saria

Quote from: Clanker37 on March 01, 2015, 06:41:32 PMWell it's like any issue, isn't it? Public perception is often shaped by the crazies of a group. Take Islam and Christianity for an example. In both religion you have the crazies (The one's who are part of ISIS and the one's who Bible bash against homosexuals especially if they've had abortions and are black), but, for the large majority, both people affiliated with these Religions are people who live down the street and have no problem with thinking similarly to them. Yet it's the media that goes on and on about how "Islam's threatening homes!" and "This Christian pastor wants to bring back segregation; and he's coming for your town!" It's the fear mongering which makes feminism seem a threat and therefore bad.

The problem I see with feminism, is that it doesn't have a direction. In the past, feminism was easy; "We want women to vote!" "We want to have women to be employed!" and this was an easy argument, since the end goal was clear. Now, because the aim of feminism to change the values that society holds of women, it's harder to not only explain the current feminist position, but also to properly target the issues that feminism has with society.

TL;DR: The media is still bad and the source of all evil. Feminism is hard to explain.
I guess we can conclude that the media is the problem. But that would be nearly impossible to fix. /sigh
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

the_last_sheikah

AUGH!  I have a great idea, and that's terrible.  Allow me to explain:

I am not that creative, rather I can come up with grand ideas, but I have trouble acting upon them either from inability, apathy, or others not pulling weight.  That last one gives me a crippling fear of explaining my ideas to people as I've had/shared/worked on ideas in the past with my friends that never work out to completion.  And thus, my current dilemma, I have an idea for a game, an amazing story in my mind's eye, I have the tools to make it, but I rarely have time to put towards it, and when I try, I'm unhappy with the looks of even basic things, like how the area/map looks, and I get discouraged from working on it.  I want to tell people about it, but I'm afraid of hyping it up or just making it so big that it never gets done like my friend's machinima or the pokemon rom hack for k-night's story.

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: the_last_sheikah on March 01, 2015, 10:56:55 PMDoes anyone else have this problem or is it just me?
I am faced with the problem of being too creative. I will not bore you with the details, but I will say that, if you have something you think could be successful, run with it.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

KefkaticFanatic

Having a discussion is necessary as it helps you either further develop or, as it sounds like what has happened in the past, realize potentially fatal flaws in the plan or idea.

me irl
[close]

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Shadoninja

[Redacted]
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Sebastian

ETFROXX

ZeldaFan

This rant contains
-My opinions
-Language

I really wasn't sure if I should post this, but it's something I feel strongly about and no one else seems to care :-\
I don't rant often, so here we go...

My rant about women in the media...
I really just need to get this out there, no one else in my life seems to quite get it...

I absolutely HATE how women in media and on the internet are portrayed - as if all we can do to get ahead in life is show off our bodies or twerk in front of the camera or be a stripper or a celebrity. People treat women as if all we are worth is the makeup and clothes we put on. It's as if the only thing that matters is how we look, how big our boobs are, how big our butts are, how thin we are.
I can't tell you HOW MANY TIMES I have gone to a content website that posts "funny" photos/gifs and scrolling down the pics, there's some random photo of some girl's ass, or a girl wearing a shirt with no bra. I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!! and honestly that makes me never want to come back to that website.

It confuses me as to WHY so many girls even post pics like that... It is for the attention, no doubt, but if you wouldn't go out in public like that, why would you post it on the internet for millions of people to see??? FUCK, it's like, have some self-respect! Leave something to the imagination! You don't get respect from anyone by showing off your shit like that. I think that at that point you are reducing yourself to just a human body... No one cares about your likes/dislikes. No one cares about your personality. No one cares where you're from, who your friends are, what your hobbies are. LITERALLY you are a thing to look at, and move on. That's it. Why would you want that?
I read a study once that found that when men look at a scantily-clad woman, the process in their brain is the same process that happens when a man looks at a tool. A tool! We are seen as something to be used in that instance!

The same thing happens on youtube videos... Especially the "win/fail" type of videos. Any "win" that involves a girl is her twerking, or shaking her tits, or dancing around in a bikini. And that one clip ALWAYS lasts 5x longer than any other clip in the video. Even if the clip is say, a girl skateboarding, she's always wearing hardly any clothes. Even fucking commercials are doing this... They show a hot girl in a bikini using their product. Doesn't matter what it is or what the woman is doing, as long as she's showing off all her assets.

I just hate how everything involving women is so hyper-sexualized, to the point where girls now are concerned about their looks and their weight by age 10. TEN! They have eating disorders! They are on diets! They wear makeup and high heels! When I was 10, I was climbing trees and riding bikes, I didn't have time for that shit! Everything in a fashion magazine makes anyone who reads them feel instantly more depressed and upset about their body image. But why? Because that's what guys want (generally). That's what gets a guy's attention. Doesn't matter if it is the wrong kind of attention. And because acting and dressing this way gets attention, girls continue to do it. And guys perpetuate it by giving them the attention they want. So girls post more pics to get more attention.

*Sigh* ...Women don't believe they are beautiful anymore... They think their beauty depends on how many likes they get on Facebook, or how many guys talk to them because of one photo. They see other (photoshopped) women in the media and think they are ugly because they don't look that way, like a perfect barbie doll with perfect skin and perfect hair. It's ridiculous and sad how many women these days have such low self-esteem because they place their self-worth on the way they look.
I have been guilty of this too... For many years I thought I was unattractive and told myself every day that I was ugly, and I'd be lucky if I ever got one date because of how I look. Then I decided that my looks aren't the ONLY thing that matters, so I started to care less what others thought and developed my personality instead. I still have a long way to go, but this process has helped me gain self-esteem. I now have many more friends than I ever had before, I have a boyfriend, and I feel more beautiful than ever, because I know that I am beautiful inside which makes me more attractive on the outside.

It seems that most people on this site understand the value of an attractive personality, rather than an attractive face/body. And I'm happy for that.

Your attractiveness is not solely based on how you look. It includes your personality. I know that some of you may not like the way you look, or believe that you're ugly, but please stop. It's not helping anyone, least of all yourself. I have been through that, I know how it feels, and it is really not worth believing. If you are beautiful on the inside, it will reflect on your outside, and people will like you and want to be around you because of how you act, not how you look.
[close]

WAAAAY TL;DR: I hate how women are portrayed in the media/on the internet, as if our worth is based on our looks. Most things are hyper-sexualized, and women often have very low self-esteem as a result.

ALSO - since I know how some people are here - these are my opinions. Do not tell me I'm wrong or get angry with me because you have a different opinion than I do.

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Sebastian

Quote from: ZeldaFan on March 05, 2015, 12:47:12 PMThis rant contains
-My opinions
-Language

I really wasn't sure if I should post this, but it's something I feel strongly about and no one else seems to care :-\
I don't rant often, so here we go...

My rant about women in the media...
I really just need to get this out there, no one else in my life seems to quite get it...

I absolutely HATE how women in media and on the internet are portrayed - as if all we can do to get ahead in life is show off our bodies or twerk in front of the camera or be a stripper or a celebrity. People treat women as if all we are worth is the makeup and clothes we put on. It's as if the only thing that matters is how we look, how big our boobs are, how big our butts are, how thin we are.
I can't tell you HOW MANY TIMES I have gone to a content website that posts "funny" photos/gifs and scrolling down the pics, there's some random photo of some girl's ass, or a girl wearing a shirt with no bra. I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!! and honestly that makes me never want to come back to that website.

It confuses me as to WHY so many girls even post pics like that... It is for the attention, no doubt, but if you wouldn't go out in public like that, why would you post it on the internet for millions of people to see??? FUCK, it's like, have some self-respect! Leave something to the imagination! You don't get respect from anyone by showing off your shit like that. I think that at that point you are reducing yourself to just a human body... No one cares about your likes/dislikes. No one cares about your personality. No one cares where you're from, who your friends are, what your hobbies are. LITERALLY you are a thing to look at, and move on. That's it. Why would you want that?
I read a study once that found that when men look at a scantily-clad woman, the process in their brain is the same process that happens when a man looks at a tool. A tool! We are seen as something to be used in that instance!

The same thing happens on youtube videos... Especially the "win/fail" type of videos. Any "win" that involves a girl is her twerking, or shaking her tits, or dancing around in a bikini. And that one clip ALWAYS lasts 5x longer than any other clip in the video. Even if the clip is say, a girl skateboarding, she's always wearing hardly any clothes. Even fucking commercials are doing this... They show a hot girl in a bikini using their product. Doesn't matter what it is or what the woman is doing, as long as she's showing off all her assets.

I just hate how everything involving women is so hyper-sexualized, to the point where girls now are concerned about their looks and their weight by age 10. TEN! They have eating disorders! They are on diets! They wear makeup and high heels! When I was 10, I was climbing trees and riding bikes, I didn't have time for that shit! Everything in a fashion magazine makes anyone who reads them feel instantly more depressed and upset about their body image. But why? Because that's what guys want (generally). That's what gets a guy's attention. Doesn't matter if it is the wrong kind of attention. And because acting and dressing this way gets attention, girls continue to do it. And guys perpetuate it by giving them the attention they want. So girls post more pics to get more attention.

*Sigh* ...Women don't believe they are beautiful anymore... They think their beauty depends on how many likes they get on Facebook, or how many guys talk to them because of one photo. They see other (photoshopped) women in the media and think they are ugly because they don't look that way, like a perfect barbie doll with perfect skin and perfect hair. It's ridiculous and sad how many women these days have such low self-esteem because they place their self-worth on the way they look.
I have been guilty of this too... For many years I thought I was unattractive and told myself every day that I was ugly, and I'd be lucky if I ever got one date because of how I look. Then I decided that my looks aren't the ONLY thing that matters, so I started to care less what others thought and developed my personality instead. I still have a long way to go, but this process has helped me gain self-esteem. I now have many more friends than I ever had before, I have a boyfriend, and I feel more beautiful than ever, because I know that I am beautiful inside which makes me more attractive on the outside.

It seems that most people on this site understand the value of an attractive personality, rather than an attractive face/body. And I'm happy for that.

Your attractiveness is not solely based on how you look. It includes your personality. I know that some of you may not like the way you look, or believe that you're ugly, but please stop. It's not helping anyone, least of all yourself. I have been through that, I know how it feels, and it is really not worth believing. If you are beautiful on the inside, it will reflect on your outside, and people will like you and want to be around you because of how you act, not how you look.
[close]

WAAAAY TL;DR: I hate how women are portrayed in the media/on the internet, as if our worth is based on our looks. Most things are hyper-sexualized, and women often have very low self-esteem as a result.

ALSO - since I know how some people are here - these are my opinions. Do not tell me I'm wrong or get angry with me because you have a different opinion than I do.
10/10 rant. This is the best rant I've ever seen.
It's so true.....it's sad.
I totally agree Zeldafan! It's sickening how women are portrayed these days. Looks aren't everything if anything. They make kids (girls) these days think that beauty is so important at such a young age when it's not. Geez! Let them be a kid for crying out loud!
Most of the Victoria's Secret models are like anorexic (thought I heard that somewhere) which is just crazy.

Nice Zelda! :)

mikey

my opinion is that I don't watch TV and don't watch videos on the internet so I have almost no clue what you're talking about
unmotivated

Sebastian

Do you watch.....Life? Cause it's all around you :p
I don't watch a lot of TV (I don't even have Dish or whatever) or movies, but I still see this same thing everything. From everything from the mall to facebook.