News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saria

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on June 07, 2015, 12:22:03 AMI know about them, but don't actively seek out information (and try to avoid doing so whenever possible!)... news alone isn't enough to educate oneself about the intricacies of them and their daily lives (unless all you do is follow celebrity news :P), hence why I did not get the reference.
I don't actively seek information about them. I follow Buzzfeed and just encounter what's trending on the web and they pop up. Also I overhear these things in my school. I've seen this pic like at least three times but probably because I use social media a lot.

Quote from: Ruto on June 06, 2015, 11:06:15 PMnever heard that before in my life
You showed me that picture.

Anyways I said to drop everything. I meant for it to be a joke and to see how many people think it's ridiculous and stuff but I should've known this type of forum wouldn't get things like this. Now talk about something else.
Quote from: Slow
SARIABALL
Quote from: manio
I love taking wiener schnitzel in my mouth
Quote from: Kefka
cooperating anal
Quote from: ZeldaFanmy dream is to get a quote in someone's sig someday

Yugi

Here's all you need to know about the Kardashians, nocturne.

FierceDeity

Quote from: FierceDeity on May 21, 2015, 11:28:45 AMSo my interviewer is an hour late in contacting me on Skype, and odds are he's going to have to reschedule again. He sent an email about 50 minutes ago saying he tried to call me, but it didn't work, despite my telling him before the last failed interview that I would need to do it on Skype because I'm still out of the country without an international phone until Friday. That failed interview, he also made me wait an hour before telling me he had to reschedule. I'm now super late to a dinner reservation I made with friends for my last night in Prague, and I'm going to have to take a cab. Fuck.

So I ended up getting this job (which they didn't actually tell me when I was hired; their phrasing was "We'd like to move you to the next stage in the employment process", and that next stage was apparently...employment). And I was supposed to come in for a training session today, which took some planning to schedule because I have an internship that I haven't been scheduling around work yet because my employer hasn't really told me what sort of schedule I'll have. And then today, an hour before we were supposed to be there, I get an email without any explanation that just links to an updated Google Calendar event, in which the event was moved to Wednesday. During my next shift for my internship. So I emailed them within 10 minutes of receiving that notification, asking if any other time could be arranged, and it's been 4 hours and they haven't responded to me.

Of all my fears about regular employment, the last one on the list was "being more professional than my employer".

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Yug_Guy

So, I've been using Musescore for about a month now, and it's been working just fine for making arrangements. Then yesterday, it decided to freeze my computer every time I open it! I've tried rebooting my computer, reverting to factory settings, and even uninstalling and reinstalling the damn thing! AND IT JUST WON'T WORK.

So now I have to sort this all out before I can make arrangements again. Great. :-\

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on June 08, 2015, 11:44:10 PMYou underestimate the incompetence of HR
Also, this.

braix

I tried dropping to the ground and going to the 'draw me like one of your french girls' pose in less than a second and now my elbow is bleeding. I dont think concrete was the best setting to try this on.

I'm sorry not sorryfor my occasional random irrelevant posts
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

braix

also i tried drawing with the blood but it doesnt rub off on paper too well so i quit on it
Spoiler
[close]
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: FierceDeity on June 08, 2015, 11:46:08 AMSo I ended up getting this job (which they didn't actually tell me when I was hired; their phrasing was "We'd like to move you to the next stage in the employment process", and that next stage was apparently...employment). And I was supposed to come in for a training session today, which took some planning to schedule because I have an internship that I haven't been scheduling around work yet because my employer hasn't really told me what sort of schedule I'll have. And then today, an hour before we were supposed to be there, I get an email without any explanation that just links to an updated Google Calendar event, in which the event was moved to Wednesday. During my next shift for my internship. So I emailed them within 10 minutes of receiving that notification, asking if any other time could be arranged, and it's been 4 hours and they haven't responded to me.

Of all my fears about regular employment, the last one on the list was "being more professional than my employer".
omg i've been having a similar issue. I got hired at this place like a month ago, and they told me that i'd be starting on the 18th of May. It is now June 9th and they still haven't started me. I've been calling them at least twice a day for the past 4 weeks and still have not made much of any progress to speak of.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

mikey

Quote from: braixen1264 on June 09, 2015, 12:36:27 PMalso i tried drawing with the blood but it doesnt rub off on paper too well so i quit on it
Spoiler
[close]
you need more blood
unmotivated

FierceDeity

Quote from: K-NiGhT on June 09, 2015, 01:12:57 PMomg i've been having a similar issue. I got hired at this place like a month ago, and they told me that i'd be starting on the 18th of May. It is now June 9th and they still haven't started me. I've been calling them at least twice a day for the past 4 weeks and still have not made much of any progress to speak of.

It just doesn't make sense
Don't they, like, need people doing these jobs that they hired us to do

K-NiGhT

Quote from: FierceDeity on June 09, 2015, 05:17:30 PMIt just doesn't make sense
Don't they, like, need people doing these jobs that they hired us to do
OMG SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS THANK YOU
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

FierceDeity

Yeah so it's been nearly 36 hours since I emailed them about it and they still haven't responded
So I got my internship shift changed
And you have no idea how painful it was to type this email to my employers without the bolded parts:
QuoteHello,

As we're getting close to tomorrow's training session and it doesn't seem we're going to be able to find a solution on this end (because you're apparently too goddamn incompetent to check your email in the span of OVER AN ENTIRE DAY), I've rescheduled my internship shift (because my supervisor for that actually knows what the fuck she's doing) so that I can make it to [where I work] tomorrow at 3. Which, again, is less than a goddamn day from now, yet you have still shown absolutely no effort toward resolving this issue, or even acknowledging its existence.

BestGo fuck yourselves,
[FD]

Ruto

I've had my share of HR problems, but I'm not really pushy about it. That's probably a mistake, but then I really get chewed out if I do anything "out of line" really. Frickin' stereotypes.

Also trying to put on weight again since I lost too many opportunities to eat in Hong Kong. Part of the blame is to old sis, who regularly sends me threatening texts about spending money. I feel like going back later this year just to spite her. And eat a lot of cheap sushi and ramen.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.