News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

You have every right to complain about your life, and you have every right to have people help comfort and console you. However, therapy is a much better place to do this, especially in situations involving rape. While everyone (erm, mostly everyone) here wants to help you, none of us are qualified to handle actual trauma to the degree you have it. Think of it like an injury: if you broke your leg, it'd be pretty awesome if you could have a group of best friends treat it, however, I'm not sure how well you'd recover if you let them treat it rather than a doctor.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Jub3r7

Just a forum etiquette tip, sometimes it's better to edit your posts rather than make multiple in a row. There are exceptions to this, including certain forum games and etc.

Also, it's really easy to blame yourself for everything. [should be avoided, but also avoid blaming others for everything once you get past that first part.]
You should think about the thoughts you have about yourself, and if they aren't productive, replace them with something else. It's not an easy process but self-awareness is a tool that should be used by people more often (myself included.)

An example would be: "I'm awful at this, and doing it makes me feel bad." Is that thought productive? It depends on the context; if you're playing a game that you don't have to play, then you can do something about it. If it's doing something healthy like exercising or eating properly, then maybe it's time you try other strategies that don't make you feel as bad, so you can continue to improve.

Is blaming yourself productive? Well, it might make you look better to other people, but then you feel worse. A more optimal method with alternate phrasing could be accepting responsibility for your actions, and use that to 1. Make it clear you aren't blaming them like in the previous method, and 2. Feel better about yourself, not because it's your fault and you accept that, but because you are taking responsibility for your actions by accepting the consequences.
Also, you shouldn't take responsibility for everything, because everything is not your responsibility.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Dude

Hmm...

Why would fallen take all this time to come back to harass maya instead of doing it right after he/she was banned the first time? I mean, they used a proxy this time, so couldn't the original account be a proxy too?

This seems weird.

mayastarr041

Quote from: Dude on July 21, 2015, 07:02:22 AMHmm...

Why would fallen take all this time to come back to harass maya instead of doing it right after he/she was banned the first time? I mean, they used a proxy this time, so couldn't the original account be a proxy too?

This seems weird.
That guy is really weird. Even now he emails me everyday threatening to come back and make my life a living hell. I just don't check my email anymore and although it's is annoying, it is life so I just deal with it. No biggie :/
Hero of Trains is the BEST! Love you girl!

mayastarr041

Quote from: FireArrow on July 21, 2015, 01:07:21 AMYou have every right to complain about your life, and you have every right to have people help comfort and console you. However, therapy is a much better place to do this, especially in situations involving rape. While everyone (erm, mostly everyone) here wants to help you, none of us are qualified to handle actual trauma to the degree you have it. Think of it like an injury: if you broke your leg, it'd be pretty awesome if you could have a group of best friends treat it, however, I'm not sure how well you'd recover if you let them treat it rather than a doctor.
You do have a point... :(

mayastarr041

Quote from: Jub3r7 on July 21, 2015, 03:07:31 AMJust a forum etiquette tip, sometimes it's better to edit your posts rather than make multiple in a row. There are exceptions to this, including certain forum games and etc.

Also, it's really easy to blame yourself for everything. [should be avoided, but also avoid blaming others for everything once you get past that first part.]
You should think about the thoughts you have about yourself, and if they aren't productive, replace them with something else. It's not an easy process but self-awareness is a tool that should be used by people more often (myself included.)

An example would be: "I'm awful at this, and doing it makes me feel bad." Is that thought productive? It depends on the context; if you're playing a game that you don't have to play, then you can do something about it. If it's doing something healthy like exercising or eating properly, then maybe it's time you try other strategies that don't make you feel as bad, so you can continue to improve.

Is blaming yourself productive? Well, it might make you look better to other people, but then you feel worse. A more optimal method with alternate phrasing could be accepting responsibility for your actions, and use that to 1. Make it clear you aren't blaming them like in the previous method, and 2. Feel better about yourself, not because it's your fault and you accept that, but because you are taking responsibility for your actions by accepting the consequences.
Also, you shouldn't take responsibility for everything, because everything is not your responsibility.
Thanks for the tip.

mayastarr041

And guys....please let us not post about me in this thread anymore. If you have anything to say, please just pm. I would rather pm then talk about it here. Thank you guys.

Dude

well you posted your whole life story in the story telling board so idk how this is much different but whatever

mayastarr041

Quote from: Dude on July 21, 2015, 07:39:15 AMwell you posted your whole life story in the story telling board so idk how this is much different but whatever
Haha  ;)
Thank you!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Dude on July 21, 2015, 07:39:15 AMwell you posted your whole life story in the story telling board so idk how this is much different but whatever

Stop being a dick. No matter what, whether she's serious or not, better safe than sorry.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 21, 2015, 10:47:53 AMStop being a dick. No matter what, whether she's serious or not, better safe than sorry.
Whatever you say slow ::)

Sebastian

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 21, 2015, 10:47:53 AMStop being a dick. No matter what, whether she's serious or not, better safe than sorry.

mayastarr041

Jub3r7

in other news i tried an expirement with cooking! I spelled that right.

The result is not exactly what I had in mind? Imagine instant noodle soup... without the soup... and the noodles aren't cooked, but there are eggs mixed in that are way too salty.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]