The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 26, 2015, 02:04:46 PMThanks Slow, for sticking up for me...but I actually am a girl, not a trans gender....
ok then that makes it much easier
Quote from: Dude on August 26, 2015, 02:02:56 PMTits or gtfo

ThatGamer

Dude, you are not allowed to see those, it is not something you should ask for, please don't.  :-[
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dude on August 26, 2015, 02:07:04 PMok then that makes it much easier

Y, switching genders just confuses people, or at least me.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

ThatGamer

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 26, 2015, 02:20:00 PMY, switching genders just confuses people, or at least me.

I didn't switch genders, I simply lied about it. Why do you think I was banned?  :-\

I don't want to go in further detail, thanks.
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Dude

Do you really have no idea why you were banned?

Bloop

There should be an april fools thing on NSM where everyone's gender gets mixed up
The confusion would be real

ThatGamer

Quote from: Dude on August 26, 2015, 02:24:42 PMDo you really have no idea why you were banned?

I know, I'd rather not speak of it, please respect that, thanks.

Quote from: Bloop on August 26, 2015, 02:25:41 PMThere should be an april fools thing on NSM where everyone's gender gets mixed up

I bet that would be fun. I'd be an alien.  :P

Tobbeh99

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 26, 2015, 02:23:32 PMI didn't switch genders, I simply lied about it. Why do you think I was banned?  :-\

I don't want to go in further detail, thanks.

That was what I meant but I was a bit unclear, I meant switch gender symbol.

Where you banned for that!? I thought it was for spamming and maybe harassing.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Bloop on August 26, 2015, 02:25:41 PMThere should be an april fools thing on NSM where everyone's gender gets mixed up

Or not, it would only be confusing to new members. Everyone would still remembers what gender people were.

10/10 tobbeh

mikey

unmotivated

ThatGamer

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 26, 2015, 02:27:48 PMThat was what I meant but I was a bit unclear, I meant switch gender symbol.

Where you banned for that!? I thought it was for spamming and maybe harassing.

I didn't mean to confuse you Tobbeh, sorry. Yes, I guarantee that played a major role in it. Hopefully now I'll be less spammy now that I have Skype.  ;)

TheDreamingHawk

Well frick my life just got a lot more frustrating... So I mentioned earlier how much I can't stand driving, mainly due to a big phobia I have of getting injured or losing my life in a potential accident due to a stupid PSA I was shown many years ago in school. Therefore I deliberately try and avoid driving by leaving my license at home so I can't drive back from the local mall (where my grandmother tries to make me practice since it's close) along with not mentioning it at all in hopes that she forgets. After a frustrating incident where I almost hit a truck due to my grandmother's non-stop yelling at me to do this and that when driving slowly on a four way intersection, I never wanted to drive again, and for the past 3 months I have been successful due to me not bringing it up as often and also by not going to the mall this summer. Well, sadly today I was made to drive home again but before I get into that, I'll explain another issue I now have that came out of nowhere.

Today I went to my local mall to go to Gamestop so I could preorder Super Mario Maker (I was scheduled to get a review copy for my website but my PR rep didn't give it to me so I decided to preorder it even though I honestly would have had it by now, in case you wondered what the final result of that deal was...), and immediately the first thing my grandmother says is "oh hey my grandson would love to work here he's knowledgeable about games could he do that?" when I told her many times I do NOT want to get a job just yet, not until after I graduate from high school next year so I could get something that isn't embarrassing. The Gamestop manager actually came and gave me an employee form to fill out in two weeks so I could work there for random shifts twice a week or so, and I refused to take it because I really don't want to work just now, and also because several classmates of mine have told me that Gamestop is one of the worst places to work at besides Walmart and fast food places. So now I'm stuck with an application I must fill out and I really don't want to do a job. Not because I don't want to lose time playing video games or writing stories (I already lose time by writing reviews in my free time), but mainly because I'm scared if I work somewhere like that I'll either get a worse reputation among my classmates or get nervous about doing everything perfectly for them. So I don't know, while it's probably better than any fast food place I just don't want to think about doing that kind of job yet.

However, now we get back to my drive home. It's been three months since I last drove the car, and this time I tried to not worry about anything, and pulled out of the parking lot slowly but surely, only to get nervous at multiple points, making my Grandmother yell at me every time I did so. Those included:

-Stopping at every intersection in the neighborhood areas even if there was no stop sign due to my fear of people passing the red light

-Having the one time I did NOT stop on a green light be the time a car happened to turn in front of me and almost hit me, making me panic while grandma screamed directions too fast for me to process

-Going 10 miles per hour EVERYWHERE due to my fear of hitting things if I was too fast

and finally, last but not least: My confusion of the center lanes, since some roads are so poorly made that the center lane and the right lanes aren't even drawn, meaning I have to guess which is the correct one which confuses me and when I'm being yelled at non stop it makes me so upset.

...So I really don't know what to do at this point. Yeah I know all of you that do these things for a living think I'm probably silly, but in all honestly I'm quite scared, scared of the unknown and scared of yet another near death experience in my life due to driving. If any of you guys have any sort of advice that may help me get over my fears, PLEASE let me know, as I'm completely and utterly worried. There has to be some way to break this phobia, and maybe have my grandmother stop yelling at me so much...

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

ThatGamer

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on August 26, 2015, 04:11:31 PMWell frick my life just got a lot more frustrating... So I mentioned earlier how much I can't stand driving, mainly due to a big phobia I have of getting injured or losing my life in a potential accident due to a stupid PSA I was shown many years ago in school. Therefore I deliberately try and avoid driving by leaving my license at home so I can't drive back from the local mall (where my grandmother tries to make me practice since it's close) along with not mentioning it at all in hopes that she forgets. After a frustrating incident where I almost hit a truck due to my grandmother's non-stop yelling at me to do this and that when driving slowly on a four way intersection, I never wanted to drive again, and for the past 3 months I have been successful due to me not bringing it up as often and also by not going to the mall this summer. Well, sadly today I was made to drive home again but before I get into that, I'll explain another issue I now have that came out of nowhere.

Today I went to my local mall to go to Gamestop so I could preorder Super Mario Maker (I was scheduled to get a review copy for my website but my PR rep didn't give it to me so I decided to preorder it even though I honestly would have had it by now, in case you wondered what the final result of that deal was...), and immediately the first thing my grandmother says is "oh hey my grandson would love to work here he's knowledgeable about games could he do that?" when I told her many times I do NOT want to get a job just yet, not until after I graduate from high school next year so I could get something that isn't embarrassing. The Gamestop manager actually came and gave me an employee form to fill out in two weeks so I could work there for random shifts twice a week or so, and I refused to take it because I really don't want to work just now, and also because several classmates of mine have told me that Gamestop is one of the worst places to work at besides Walmart and fast food places. So now I'm stuck with an application I must fill out and I really don't want to do a job. Not because I don't want to lose time playing video games or writing stories (I already lose time by writing reviews in my free time), but mainly because I'm scared if I work somewhere like that I'll either get a worse reputation among my classmates or get nervous about doing everything perfectly for them. So I don't know, while it's probably better than any fast food place I just don't want to think about doing that kind of job yet.

However, now we get back to my drive home. It's been three months since I last drove the car, and this time I tried to not worry about anything, and pulled out of the parking lot slowly but surely, only to get nervous at multiple points, making my Grandmother yell at me every time I did so. Those included:

-Stopping at every intersection in the neighborhood areas even if there was no stop sign due to my fear of people passing the red light

-Having the one time I did NOT stop on a green light be the time a car happened to turn in front of me and almost hit me, making me panic while grandma screamed directions too fast for me to process

-Going 10 miles per hour EVERYWHERE due to my fear of hitting things if I was too fast

and finally, last but not least: My confusion of the center lanes, since some roads are so poorly made that the center lane and the right lanes aren't even drawn, meaning I have to guess which is the correct one which confuses me and when I'm being yelled at non stop it makes me so upset.

...So I really don't know what to do at this point. Yeah I know all of you that do these things for a living think I'm probably silly, but in all honestly I'm quite scared, scared of the unknown and scared of yet another near death experience in my life due to driving. If any of you guys have any sort of advice that may help me get over my fears, PLEASE let me know, as I'm completely and utterly worried. There has to be some way to break this phobia, and maybe have my grandmother stop yelling at me so much...

How often do you travel with your grandparents? They are in like every story...

Anyways, a job isn't that bad, honestly, Gamestop is a great place to work at. Plus you will earn some extra money. Heck, I'm only 15 and I have a job, I don't know your age, but Gamestop is a great school for kids around High School age. Don't fret too much about it.  ;)

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 26, 2015, 04:21:24 PMHow often do you travel with your grandparents? They are in like every story...

Anyways, a job isn't that bad, honestly, Gamestop is a great place to work at. Plus you will earn some extra money. Heck, I'm only 15 and I have a job, I don't know your age, but Gamestop is a great school for kids around High School age. Don't fret too much about it.  ;)

I live with my grandparents so pretty much everywhere. Still, I'll go and give it a shot if you don't mind it. If I'm almost 18 years old then hopefully it won't be too scary. Still have to find a way to get over the fear of driving sooner or later, however...

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming