News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatGamer

Quote from: mayastarr041 on August 28, 2015, 09:09:39 PMIt happened when I was 12. Im done with this topic for at least a good damn week. See you all.

Ah, so you are good! Don't fret!  :)

I can't blame you, this thread is weird...
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

SlowPokemon

Too long, too angsty rant to follow, I apologize. And this has nothing to do with whatever's going on in the thread, I haven't read it.

I'm sick of being told that the way I live my life, especially involving sexual activity, is wrong. I am not infringing on anyone else's beliefs, I am not hurting anyone, and I am not telling other people the way they live is wrong. Taking actions that go against what someone's beliefs say is acceptable does not infringe or invalidate those beliefs, it only represents my ability to decide for myself what's right and wrong. I am not obligated to follow the rules of Christianity that basically dictate most societal norms about sex. If I want to think about guys sexually even though I'm also a guy, I'm allowed. If I want to openly express my opinions in a way that doesn't insult those around me, I'm allowed--simply expressing my opinions IS NOT an insult to people who feel differently and IS NOT cause enough to get offended. So yeah! If I'm feeling stressed out and I want to find some random guy on the internet to do meaningless online sex stuff with because it relieves stress and is not hurting anyone, I'm allowed. I am fed up with the judgment people pass based on sexual activity--you can tell yourself whatever you want, but sex is different for everyone and for me, it's not a tool for reproduction and it is not a symbol of an undying, love-filled commitment. It is a way for me to have fun, let off steam, and enjoy myself.

AND THAT'S OKAY.

What's not okay is when you try to pass off what sex means to you as an individual as the one, unshakable truth about it. Even if you firmly believe it is, presenting your beliefs as fact in an argument is not logical and not okay. I'm just like shaking with frustration because no one seems to get that. I don't, and I shouldn't, feel embarrassed talking about these things--maybe a little embarrassed in a positive, laughing-at-yourself way, but not guilty or ashamed in the way that people would have me be.

End rant, thanks for letting me get that out.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

ThatGamer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 28, 2015, 09:17:17 PMToo long, too angsty rant to follow, I apologize. And this has nothing to do with whatever's going on in the thread, I haven't read it.

I'm sick of being told that the way I live my life, especially involving sexual activity, is wrong. I am not infringing on anyone else's beliefs, I am not hurting anyone, and I am not telling other people the way they live is wrong. Taking actions that go against what someone's beliefs say is acceptable does not infringe or invalidate those beliefs, it only represents my ability to decide for myself what's right and wrong. I am not obligated to follow the rules of Christianity that basically dictate most societal norms about sex. If I want to think about guys sexually even though I'm also a guy, I'm allowed. If I want to openly express my opinions in a way that doesn't insult those around me, I'm allowed--simply expressing my opinions IS NOT an insult to people who feel differently and IS NOT cause enough to get offended. So yeah! If I'm feeling stressed out and I want to find some random guy on the internet to do meaningless online sex stuff with because it relieves stress and is not hurting anyone, I'm allowed. I am fed up with the judgment people pass based on sexual activity--you can tell yourself whatever you want, but sex is different for everyone and for me, it's not a tool for reproduction and it is not a symbol of an undying, love-filled commitment. It is a way for me to have fun, let off steam, and enjoy myself.

AND THAT'S OKAY.

What's not okay is when you try to pass off what sex means to you as an individual as the one, unshakable truth about it. Even if you firmly believe it is, presenting your beliefs as fact in an argument is not logical and not okay. I'm just like shaking with frustration because no one seems to get that. I don't, and I shouldn't, feel embarrassed talking about these things--maybe a little embarrassed in a positive, laughing-at-yourself way, but not guilty or ashamed in the way that people would have me be.

End rant, thanks for letting me get that out.

So...you have sex for fun? I did it for babies...
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

MaestroUGC

What in the world is going on here?

Do I need to close this thread again?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Altissimo

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 28, 2015, 09:19:15 PMWhat in the world is going on here?

I don't fucking know at this point

mayastarr041

Sorry Maestro. Just talking about err rape and those. Im done so do not worry. Its my fault for bringing this up.
Hero of Trains is the BEST! Love you girl!

Dude

SlowPokemon

My rant, as I said, has nothing to do with whatever was going on in the thread, but now that I'm reading it, it probably looks that way. I was posting here because it's the rant topic and I was angry about something.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Altissimo

Quote from: mayastarr041 on August 28, 2015, 09:20:20 PMSorry Maestro. Just talking about err rape and those. Im done so do not worry. Its my fault for bringing this up.

Bringing it up was fine, it just went in an odd direction after. Not cause of you specifically though

blueflower999

I kind of want this locked again. This got wicked uncomfortable all of a sudden.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Dude

mayastarr041

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 28, 2015, 09:20:54 PMMy rant, as I said, has nothing to do with whatever was going on in the thread, but now that I'm reading it, it probably looks that way. I was posting here because it's the rant topic and I was angry about something.
Slow its my fault. Not yours. This is a rant thread which you were doing and you werent being a prick.

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 28, 2015, 09:19:15 PMWhat in the world is going on here?

Seemed to all stem from a simple question I asked about why the thread seemed so out of control lately, making me worry. I sincerely apologize for unintentionally provoking this. Reading through it seems to have become too disturbing for the time being. Give people a break from this thread for a while is my advice IMO

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

mayastarr041

Quote from: Dude on August 28, 2015, 09:22:37 PMWhere did it get uncomfortable?
I think its when it shifted to sex and that makes some people queasy

Dude

Honestly it's a fucking rant thread. What do you expect, sunshine and rainbows?