The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

@Tobbeh: git gud m8

Jk that sucks. Must have a big smash community there.

NINJAD 3x
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Tobbeh99

Lives in Stockholm, and the scene is kind of big, like 60 people in melee, like 20 in sm4sh.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mikey

I also hate it when people are really good at video games
like whyyy just give me a chance
stop playing ryu and play like jiggly or something
unmotivated

Sebastian

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 29, 2016, 09:58:14 AMI also hate it when people are really good at video games
Oh yeah^

And how do people beat Super Mario 64 in 2 hours?

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mikey

unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Sebastian on January 29, 2016, 09:59:28 AMOh yeah^

Playing the game over and over again and looking up all the starts, and probably using a Chinese version of the game, lol.

Still there is a difference since playing smash you play against another player, so you have to both know the game and know the player. I play like smash every day but still suck, you apparently don't learn much from playing against bots or by yourself. It's great when I play Project M and when people are worse then the bots (cause the bots are actually good in that game), happiest moment ever!
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Zunawe

AI will always be inferior to human players because their tactics are predictable. Even if you don't realize you're predicting them. The biggest difference in levels of AI is nothing more than the time between their actions and the number of actions they take in a string. There's no metagame with bots, and bots have no recovery.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Altissimo

Quote from: Sebastian on January 29, 2016, 09:59:28 AMOh yeah^

have you watched a speedrun? That's how lol

sm64 is dabes

Sebastian

Quote from: Altissimo on January 29, 2016, 10:07:25 AMhave you watched a speedrun? That's how lol

sm64 is dabes
I watched the one done by "Games Done Quick."
It was pretty wild.

mikey

Quote from: Zunawe on January 29, 2016, 10:07:06 AMAI will always be inferior to human players because their tactics are predictable. Even if you don't realize you're predicting them. The biggest difference in levels of AI is nothing more than the time between their actions and the number of actions they take in a string. There's no metagame with bots, and bots have no recovery.
always is a strong word, man.  At some point true AI may end up existing, but for now the closest thing we have is like big blue or something xD

for the most part a level 9 computer will always be harder for me to beat than an average human player unless I use that stupid ness soft lock thing

As far as speedruns go watch Zelda II speedruns and be amazed.  Shovel Knight speedruns are also cool to watch, especially the 100% ones
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 29, 2016, 09:58:14 AMI also hate it when people are really good at video games

I main jigglypuff tbh but only the one with the hibiscus
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

real men only play randoms on final destination, 3-5 stock
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!