Altissimo

My ex is a Satanist

He's also a flat earth conspiracy theorist now

I know there's not a correlation i just felt like sharing lmao

mikey

Quote from: Altissimo on February 01, 2016, 08:04:27 PMMy ex is a Satanist

I know there's not a correlation i just felt like sharing lmao
how can you actually believe the earth is flat when there are people who move around it constantly
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 01, 2016, 08:03:22 PMsounds like you're browsing for a religion
No, I just have friends who are Satanists and don't like them being harassed for it.
And if I were, why would I care about public perception? I'm an atheist already, which in many parts of the US has a negative connotation to it just as much as Satanists does (they're often confused to be one and the same, actually).
Quote from: Altissimo on February 01, 2016, 08:04:27 PMMy ex is a Satanist

He's an entirely new conspiracy? What did he do to enter the world of ideas? Plato might be interested ;)

Quote from: Altissimo on February 01, 2016, 08:04:27 PMI know there's not a correlation i just felt like sharing lmao
Always happy to hear from 'ya.
what is shitpost

Altissimo

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 01, 2016, 08:05:03 PMhow can you actually believe the earth is flat when there are people who move around it constantly

I DON'T KNOW

mikey

being an atheist is as confusing as believing the earth is flat

strangely enough, talking to my mom only ever makes me feel worse.  WEIRD.
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 01, 2016, 08:26:05 PMbeing an atheist is as confusing as believing the earth is flat
Care to explain why and not just make blanket statements about a point of view? Because otherwise it's just as fair for me to say stupid shit without any arguments like
"heh christians iz stoooped cuz tehy is offunded by a 5 point star wif a goat but der symbowl is a dead jew on a cross"
(although, even still, that one at least has some sort of underlying joke. Your statement is just purposefully inflammatory)

what is shitpost

Altissimo

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on February 01, 2016, 08:29:36 PM(although, even still, that one at least has some sort of underlying joke. Your statement is just purposefully inflammatory)

Yeah, and you're falling for it. Look, PDS, I know you mean well and I'm an atheist too so I know exactly where you're coming from, but literally nothing good can be accomplished by you taking the bait. Internet arguments never go well, no matter who's involved and who's on what side.

mikey

first of all, man, I keep telling you, there's more than one form of Christianity.  We don't all have the same symbols.  Most of what you know about Christianity doesn't seem to apply to the LDS faith.  Believing that there is no God just seems absurd though.  Everything in the universe is just so impossible without someone keeping an eye on it.  That's all
unmotivated

Nebbles

Quote from: Altissimo on February 01, 2016, 08:35:28 PMYeah, and you're falling for it. Look, PDS, I know you mean well and I'm an atheist too so I know exactly where you're coming from, but literally nothing good can be accomplished by you taking the bait. Internet arguments never go well, no matter who's involved and who's on what side.

I think we should all agree upon this. Like, I'm agnostic, but I'm not going to start anything. Opinions are opinions and bitching at each other is going to get us nowhere and land us in another shitstorm.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Altissimo on February 01, 2016, 08:35:28 PMYeah, and you're falling for it. Look, PDS, I know you mean well and I'm an atheist too so I know exactly where you're coming from, but literally nothing good can be accomplished by you taking the bait. Internet arguments never go well, no matter who's involved and who's on what side.
There is a lovely device called a forum ban for people who make openly inflammatory remarks.
If this were anti-gay sentiment, anti-Muslim sentiment, or anti-Christian sentiment, would we let it go? No, we wouldn't, and rightfully so. There of course can be criticisms of all of the above if you're actually hurting someone (with the obvious caveat of being gay not being at all harmful provided both parties consent).
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 01, 2016, 08:37:20 PMfirst of all, man, I keep telling you, there's more than one form of Christianity.  We don't all have the same symbols.  Most of what you know about Christianity doesn't seem to apply to the LDS faith.  Believing that there is no God just seems absurd though.  Everything in the universe is just so impossible without someone keeping an eye on it.  That's all
See, now had you said THIS, we can have a rational discussion.
Quote from: Nebbles on February 01, 2016, 08:38:47 PMI think we should all agree upon this. Like, I'm agnostic, but I'm not going to start anything. Opinions are opinions and bitching at each other is going to get us nowhere and land us in another shitstorm.
Again, if this were over sexuality or over an actual faith vs lack thereof, we would be delivering punishments very quickly.

Furthermore,
Quote from:  Forum Rules- No attacks on other users in the form of trolling, flaming, etc
what is shitpost

Dudeman

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on February 01, 2016, 08:40:03 PMThere is a lovely device called a forum ban for people who make openly inflammatory remarks.
I wholeheartedly agree.
Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on February 01, 2016, 08:29:36 PMCare to explain why and not just make blanket statements about a point of view? Because otherwise it's just as fair for me to say stupid shit without any arguments like
"heh christians iz stoooped cuz tehy is offunded by a 5 point star wif a goat but der symbowl is a dead jew on a cross"
(although, even still, that one at least has some sort of underlying joke. Your statement is just purposefully inflammatory)
Consider yourself warned.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

if I got banned for trolling
well I guess I'd be done with this site, have to find another one
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 01, 2016, 08:44:37 PMif I got banned for trolling
well I guess I'd be done with this site, have to find another one
Honestly, I'd hate to see you go. You're a cool guy most of the time. But for the same reason we don't allow openly anti gay remarks on here, we shouldn't allow the same against secular/atheistic people.
Quote from: Dudeman on February 01, 2016, 08:43:48 PMI wholeheartedly agree.
Consider yourself warned.
You are aware that I was using it as an example, right? Or did you actually think that the intentionally poorly spelled joke pulled out of a comedy sketch I saw years ago was a serious attack on Noc's beliefs?

what is shitpost

Dudeman

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on February 01, 2016, 08:50:38 PMYou are aware that I was using it as an example, right? Or did you actually think that the intentionally poorly spelled joke pulled out of a comedy sketch I saw years ago was a serious attack on Noc's beliefs?
Example, shmexample. You could have made a conscious decision to just let Noc's comment slide, but you decided to do this the hard way and take it as an attack on you. And I don't believe he's the only one who makes "blanket statements about a point of view." We all do that, and calling someone else out on it doesn't make you look any better.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nebbles

Welp, I just accidentally pissed off a friend of mine. Good going, self.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel