The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

wow dino first hemorrhoids now fleas your luck is just the worst
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

So I was putting in my contacts today and I mixed up which solution was which
Long story short I put hardcore lense cleaning solution right onto my eye.
Fuck.
what is shitpost

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Pianist Da Sootopolis

It stopped burning a few minutes ago (after about an hour of flushing my eyes every 20 minutes, as recommended by the bottle).
So yeah I'm all good. Stupid stuff deserves pain I suppose, lol.
what is shitpost

Sir Dino

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on July 17, 2016, 09:21:58 PMwow dino first hemorrhoids now fleas your luck is just the worst
and it's probably going to get worse tbh

SuperFireKirby

why can't girls(or I guess women now that I'm a fucking adult apparently) just make a little bit of sense?

actually let's expand that, why can't people make a little bit of sense?

like I'm at the point where I'm so bad at communicating with other humans I swear there's got to be something wrong with me and my stupid brain, like sociopathic tendencies or something, because I feel like an outsider, no matter where I am or who I'm with, and then I finally make a connection with someone that seems real and true and then one day they just fucking shove me away like old potatoes or something else of an equal revolting nature

try to pretend not to care, "nothing's wrong", "I'm fine", lying through my fucking teeth to keep anyone who actually seems to enjoy my existence from worry or mental discomfort. convinced my battles are ones that must be fought completely alone

I feel like the most perfect wallflower

aight back to lurkin for another 6 months

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

Just consider those people just as expendable as they do you.  Try meetups to at least chill with people and do the same thing.  Maybe you get lucky and make a connection, at worst you can leech off of the crowd for another session or two.

me irl
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quite a fair amount of people lack discretion, maturity, and an awareness of how they should act in ways other than complete self-interest (or some combination of those), which leads to a lot of poor relationships... and that's why people don't make a lot of sense all the time.

Ninja'd
Or just be extremely cynical. :P That can work too.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Sebastian

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on July 18, 2016, 11:29:48 PMlike I'm at the point where I'm so bad at communicating with other humans I swear there's got to be something wrong with me and my stupid brain, like sociopathic tendencies or something, because I feel like an outsider, no matter where I am or who I'm with, and then I finally make a connection with someone that seems real and true and then one day they just fucking shove me away like old potatoes or something else of an equal revolting nature

try to pretend not to care, "nothing's wrong", "I'm fine", lying through my fucking teeth to keep anyone who actually seems to enjoy my existence from worry or mental discomfort. convinced my battles are ones that must be fought completely alone
Don't sweat it. That's exactly how I feel in real life too: Like an outsider. I think your first paragraph perfectly sums me up in a nutshell. In real life, I'm basically a statue (very introverted) and I'm horrible at making friends. I'm not sure if being an introvert is what you're referring to, but I totally feel you! Hope things work out for ya.

FireArrow

Don't worry. I'm absolutely convinced it's not you being weird but other people being assholes. I've had so many people that I've felt like I've had strong connections with only for them to push me out of their lives . Also that dumb unwritten rule that you're not allowed aknowledge that anything happened.

Two things that've helped me:
1. Ignore that unwritten rule - don't lie through your teeth. It's ok to get mad at people if they screw you over, don't take the blame for it and put yourself into some kind of self pity depression (unless you actually were the one who messed up, then take responsibility for it and apologize.)
2. What kefka said. Let them be equally expendable and just end relationships with people that are making you miserable. Ask yourself if being involved with that person/those people is worth feeling like shit, chances are the answer is no.

As a side note I don't know why the fuck being open and reaching out to people makes you undesirable, but if you're hard to get then all the sudden everyone wants to be your friend (until you reciprocate, at which point everyone reels back hissing.)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

Hi sfk you're that person that everyone just likes because you're you
Don't be not you
unmotivated

Bloop

so it turns out that the reason an old friend left me and my boyfriend is not because she (tl;dr) started to dislike us but because my boyfriend was (tl;dr) overly attached and she was already stressed out enough

so it wasn't really my fault but i really miss her after a year while my boyfriend has grown over her

Bubbles

bro missing someone for over a year is the worst I totally feel for you :-(

Pianist Da Sootopolis

That sucks. I'm here if you need to talk or anything.
what is shitpost