The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 26, 2016, 09:09:06 PMYou're lucky he's pushing you to go away to college. I had to fight to get my parents to be okay with me going away to live at college rather than staying home and commuting. What I did is basically what you're doing--suck it up and deal with it. The only thing that got me through high school was knowing college (and by extension time without my parents) was ahead. Well, that and some late night Professor Layton sessions.

So, do things actually get better in college? Because high school is fucking hell and I've been keeping myself emotionally afloat mostly through "fuck these guys I can leave soon yay."
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

Dude, nobody gives two fucks about HS once you graduate. It gets hella better after HS.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

The only people who say life is better in high school are either really stupid or really old.

FireArrow

Thanks guys, that's really comforting to hear.
(since this is the interwebz, confirming no sarcasm.)

Zunawe

I'd confirm that college is better than high school as well, but I don't remember anything that happened in high school except that I probably met one or two people and learned how to take a derivative.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

E. Gadd Industries

Well, thank you for the info. I just keep reminding myself "2 more years", even before you mentioned it.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Sebastian

There is a point in your life where you need to get away from your parents. To think, make decisions, etc.
I believe it's a natural thing in life; however, for me, I am actually living at home (since we live 15 minutes from the college I'll be going to). Unlike a lot of peoples' parents, mine are very kind and considerate of my feelings. They'd basically back me on any decision I made (within reason, of course). I feel comfortable living at home for another 4 years (at most). After college, I do plan on moving back to where I grew up.

SlowPokemon

My parents also are "kind and considerate of my feelings" and also support my decisions but that doesn't mean they're not also manipulative and hyper controlling

They talked both my brother and sister into staying home for college lmao and it was really manipulative the way they went about it but neither of my siblings can see it that way

E. Gadd Industries

My parents are also manipulative in their own way. Thing is, though, my sister picked up on it and she LOVES to manipulate what people say.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Sebastian

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 27, 2016, 08:12:20 AMMy parents also are "kind and considerate of my feelings" and also support my decisions but that
Nah, not like that. Yes, they will give their two cents, but ultimately, it's my decision. I guess everyone is manipulative in their own way, some more extreme or less extreme than others.
They won't pity me, stop me, or control me in any decision I make. They will, as you say, try to "manipulate" me...if only very slightly, but they won't drone on about it and will support me in any decision I make. Heck, I don't think they even bring up past decisions I've made (good or bad). Like they won't say, "YOOOOU did this before and we won't let you do this because you did this." Stuff like that.

I do like to consider myself lucky.

mikey

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on July 27, 2016, 08:41:39 AMMy parents are also manipulative in their own way. Thing is, though, my sister picked up on it and she LOVES to manipulate what people say.
this is one of the reasons I don't talk.  The plus side of having no emotions means I can't be guilt-tripped either.
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

The more I am around them, the more indifferent I become.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

FireArrow

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on July 27, 2016, 11:10:23 AMthis is one of the reasons I don't talk.  The plus side of having no emotions means I can't be guilt-tripped either.

You have emotions you're not that edgey bb

mikey

unmotivated