News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruto

Quote from: Sebastian on July 27, 2016, 07:41:59 AMThere is a point in your life where you need to get away from your parents. To think, make decisions, etc.
I believe it's a natural thing in life; however, for me, I am actually living at home (since we live 15 minutes from the college I'll be going to). Unlike a lot of peoples' parents, mine are very kind and considerate of my feelings. They'd basically back me on any decision I made (within reason, of course). I feel comfortable living at home for another 4 years (at most). After college, I do plan on moving back to where I grew up.

This doesn't seem like a good way to get or use a college education.

Quote from: Sebastian on July 27, 2016, 10:12:01 AMThey won't pity me, stop me, or control me in any decision I make. They will, as you say, try to "manipulate" me...if only very slightly, but they won't drone on about it and will support me in any decision I make.

I do like to consider myself lucky.

You let them follow you to college though. Then you're following them home? >_>

In other news, these mosquitoes. I had an egg sized swelling from a bite the other day, I could even feel it when I walked. Now it's a giant bruise and I have all these other bites now too wtf

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

mikey

I don't get bitten
by mosquitoes that often
must be in my blood
unmotivated

Ruto

I think some of them are just being assholes, because it seems they bite but don't drink any blood? It would explain why I get so many welts when there's just one mosquito buzzing around.

mikey

I'm no expert but
This webpage has some info
maybe they are male?
unmotivated

Bloop

I once stayed the night at my boyfriend. Just one night. I came back with 5 mosquito bites on my left arm and hand, and 6 on my right. They weren't that big though but still.

braix

that's a compliment, it means that your blood tastes good
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Sebastian on July 27, 2016, 10:12:01 AMNah, not like that. Yes, they will give their two cents, but ultimately, it's my decision. I guess everyone is manipulative in their own way, some more extreme or less extreme than others.
They won't pity me, stop me, or control me in any decision I make. They will, as you say, try to "manipulate" me...if only very slightly, but they won't drone on about it and will support me in any decision I make. Heck, I don't think they even bring up past decisions I've made (good or bad). Like they won't say, "YOOOOU did this before and we won't let you do this because you did this." Stuff like that.

I do like to consider myself lucky.

Ahhhh my parents are the exact opposite, pretty much. It's not like my parents don't accept me or hate me as a person--for instance, they're almost unbelievably accepting and cool about me being gay, the way all parents SHOULD be. But everything becomes a huge deal with them and turns into a long thing of them being passive aggressive (or downright aggressive) until I do what they want. I've been having to brute force my way through arguments or stand up for what I believe in or the way I want to live my life just so they HEAR me. I wish my parents would be more like yours in the regard that they just back off a bit. Like you say, you're a lucky guy.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 28, 2016, 05:55:02 AMAhhhh my parents are the exact opposite, pretty much. It's not like my parents don't accept me or hate me as a person--for instance, they're almost unbelievably accepting and cool about me being gay, the way all parents SHOULD be. But everything becomes a huge deal with them and turns into a long thing of them being passive aggressive (or downright aggressive) until I do what they want. I've been having to brute force my way through arguments or stand up for what I believe in or the way I want to live my life just so they HEAR me. I wish my parents would be more like yours in the regard that they just back off a bit. Like you say, you're a lucky guy.
Mine are worse. They won't let me associate with my gay best friend. But let's not turn this conversation in that direction. NSM has already seen enough rants like that.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Sebastian

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 28, 2016, 05:55:02 AMBut everything becomes a huge deal with them and turns into a long thing of them being passive aggressive (or downright aggressive) until I do what they want. I've been having to brute force my way through arguments or stand up for what I believe in or the way I want to live my life just so they HEAR me. I wish my parents would be more like yours in the regard that they just back off a bit. Like you say, you're a lucky guy.
I understand. Yeah, I know some kids with parents like that. They sometimes play it off as, "They just love me." I'd like to agree with them, but there should be some room for discussion if they don't agree with you, not just passive or even direct aggression.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 28, 2016, 05:55:02 AMAhhhh my parents are the exact opposite, pretty much. It's not like my parents don't accept me or hate me as a person--for instance, they're almost unbelievably accepting and cool about me being gay, the way all parents SHOULD be.
Oh, I see. Is there any particular reason they would be against you being gay? I don't think I've ever met someone that has parents that disagree with their kid(s) sexual orientation, even if it goes against their beliefs.

Quote from: Bloop on July 27, 2016, 10:51:55 PMI once stayed the night at my boyfriend. Just one night. I came back with 5 mosquito bites on my left arm and hand, and 6 on my right. They weren't that big though but still.
Lol. My story trumps them all. I slept over at a friend's house (outside) and I probably got 20-25 bites on my face alone. It was horrible. I swear having 25 mosquito bites will be a punishment in hell. xD
Anyway, my face really swelled up. I was debating on whether to got to the doctor or not, but I decided not to. I did get the swelling down though. Vitamin C tablets seem to really help (for me, anyway) with swelling.

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on July 28, 2016, 06:57:27 AMMine are worse. They won't let me associate with my gay best friend. But let's not turn this conversation in that direction. NSM has already seen enough rants like that.
Whoa, that seems a little.....might I say...unkind? And this is FLUDD correct?

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

You children and your mosquito bites.  I recommend REPEL 100 DEET.
unmotivated

Sebastian

I've always had a problem with mosquitos. I walk outside and get 2-3 bites and my bro or dad or whoever is with me will get none. They always come for me.

SlowPokemon

@Sebastian I think it's because of the area of the country I live in right now, but a lot of my nonstraights friends have parents who downright told them they'd never accept that part of their life
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sebastian

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 28, 2016, 07:14:08 AM@Sebastian I think it's because of the area of the country I live in right now, but a lot of my nonstraights friends have parents who downright told them they'd never accept that part of their life
Oh, I see.
Well, at least your parents aren't like that.

Ruto

Mosquitoes haven't bitten my face since I was a kid, it's all arms/legs/hands/feet. I remember sitting for a picnic in Schönbrunn and suddenly I see this giant welt on my hand -.- the only part that was uncovered besides my face. No one else got bitten. There's still a mark there.

Anyway this time around I took a picture of the really disgusting looking bite and sent it to manio because he sent me a selfie. I'd post the photo but my knee is in it.