The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

do u ever get where ur in an emotional state where u want to find something - some literature, art, poetry, music - to express it, but u cant seem to find something good enough to express ur state and ur not creative enough to create something to express ur state

i want to find some music to express my state, presumably something i can sing or play on piano, but do u know how hard it is to find something that meets ur exact specifications

i wish i were a better composer or artist :(

E. Gadd Industries

I've been like that once or twice. But I'm not the best at expressing myself other than with words. I could probably make some awesome poetry if I tried. Idk. I may have to try that now.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Nebbles

Buh, I hate when that happens. Creative blocks are awful.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Altissimo on August 03, 2016, 06:05:04 PMdo u ever get where ur in an emotional state where u want to find something - some literature, art, poetry, music - to express it, but u cant seem to find something good enough to express ur state and ur not creative enough to create something to express ur state

i want to find some music to express my state, presumably something i can sing or play on piano, but do u know how hard it is to find something that meets ur exact specifications

i wish i were a better composer or artist :(

When I feel like that, I watch either of the Studio Ghibli films Kiki's Delivery Service or Whisper of the Heart, because they talk about creative blocks and in particular not feeling like an adequate artist in VERY REALISTIC and completely refreshing ways. It doesn't always solve my problem, but it does make me feel a lot better about it.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

TheDreamingHawk

Well this site has helped a bit in the past when I lose it, so I might as well leave this here.

EDIT: To stay safe now that I'm calm, I'll just TLDR it: I made a bad mistake, was really stupid and it's all my fault as I got yelled at and was in trouble...

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Maelstrom

Wow.
You say you aren't brave at all, but you just posted this. That says a lot. I honestly don't know what to say to comfort you, as the mild anxiety problems I had growing up were nowhere as sever as yours.
Just, idk. Good luck.

BlackDragonSlayer

Sorry you're going through that; as someone who has had to deal with frustrating, unsavory, and/or insensitive relatives, that sounds quite unpleasant.

Anyway, for my own minor rant: My doctor's office is supposed to have gotten my immunization records to us weeks ago (college stuff, and we only have partial records already in our possession), but for some reason they're having the darndest time finding records that should already be in their own computer systems (at least according to everyone we ask there), and my mom doesn't seem particularly concerned about even checking in to see if they have them yet.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 04, 2016, 06:40:41 PMWow.
You say you aren't brave at all, but you just posted this. That says a lot. I honestly don't know what to say to comfort you, as the mild anxiety problems I had growing up were nowhere as sever as yours.
Just, idk. Good luck.

Thanks. Upon realizing it was mostly my fault, I decided to edit the post to keep it simple. Sorry for being a bother to you all.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Sebastian

Oh, man. I can relate with you, TDH. Having anxiety issues is hard. I hope you do well!

Maelstrom

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on August 04, 2016, 07:32:26 PMThanks. Upon realizing it was mostly my fault, I decided to edit the post to keep it simple. Sorry for being a bother to you all.
Did I say that post was a bother?
No?
That's because it wasn't. Just because you or I or anyone else realizes the the problem is with themselves doesn't mean it's not a frustration. Btw, I think you're being a little too hard on yourself.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

This is minor but
People, if you and I are getting coffee, can you at least make eye contact every few seconds and NOT be on your phone the whole damn time?
what is shitpost

FireArrow

Didn't you know the best way to deal with social incompetence and awkward silences is to go on your phone? Works every time!
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

daj

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on August 05, 2016, 05:52:07 PMThis is minor but
People, if you and I are getting coffee, can you at least make eye contact every few seconds and NOT be on your phone the whole damn time?

This. Abso-furkin-lutely.

Someone really needs coffee on their face. Or crotch area.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.