The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EFitTrainr

So there's been this one kid who insists on hanging around a few of my gaming buddies and I when we're hanging out at our local Comic Shop. He's really bigoted and stuck-up, and ignorant about any sort of current event. Whenever one of us tries to call him out on it, he'll run crying to the employees and they side with him because he's a total ass-kisser, and even got one guy banned from our gaming sessions. Nobody likes him, and there's nothing we can do about it.
I like food.

Altissimo

Sounds like a wanker. I take it there are no other comic shops in the area you could go to?

EFitTrainr

I like food.

mikey

that's not dude it's alti
have you tried getting him to throw merchandise?  Easiest way to get kicked out of a card shop
unmotivated

EFitTrainr

I've tried pissing him off AND also having a civil discussion with him but he gets all pissy and goes crying

He skirts the rules but never fully breaks them but I feel like for how much he aggravates us something should be done about it but because he's always kissing up to the employees he gets away with it
I like food.

Altissimo

sounds like the employees are a bit shit then. im sorry to hear about this :(

EFitTrainr

The actual owner of the store is a good man, although he isn't around all that much, which is understandable, but the guys in charge don't do a good job of it.
I like food.

Bubbles

Quote from: shadowkirby on August 05, 2016, 07:46:23 PMour local Comic Shop
side note but I've been there :-) they had lots of anime stuff and I was v into Blue Exorcist at the time so I was livinggg

SlowPokemon

If you ever get a shift scheduled from 4 until midnight make sure you will have a chance to sit down at some point and make sure you will be leaving at midnight

That's an important life lesson that my legs and inability to get out of bed taught me this morning
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Ruto

Quote from: shadowkirby on August 05, 2016, 07:46:23 PMgood observation

Sounds like a bigger asshole version of Draco Malfoy, but his parents probably don't let him read Harry Potter.

from https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-deal-with-a-co-worker-who-is-an-ass-kisser

"Is [the ass kisser] succeeding in becoming a 'favourite'?  If so, then you have idiotic bosses who can't see through him.  They are weak, immature and susceptible to flattery.  Better to start looking for another job.  In the meantime, do the following"

lol ok I don't know if this is what you think of the store staff

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Hero of Trains

But Draco is the best character...

Slow, I hope you're feeling better now! That seems rough.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

E. Gadd Industries

😓I just got my permit today... *sighhhhhhh*
So I drove for the first time on public roads, and mom was freaking out at every little thing I did. And when I got home? dad got aggravated for my little sister being in the car. "How completely idiotic of you, retard" I received. So now I can't drive with anyone but either my mom or dad, one of which who freaks out at anything I do, the other who doesn't want me driving at all. So, I can safely say I won't be licensed until college.
inb4 "I smell a contradiction"
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

braix

I'm probably not gonna bother getting a liscence for a couple years, I don't think I really need to
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.