News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

At least wait until you can spell it

jk braix ily
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

braix

oh shoot I was thinking "scent" while I was typing that
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

cashwarrior1

Welp, I feel like I'm losing all my old friends (at least where I'm living right now). I guess it's a bad thing as we were friends for several years, but I'm also gaining more friends who I like better as friends. The only problem is that my old friends are the only friends that I can talk to about the things I like. I dunno what I should do: try to keep my old friends or make new ones.

Altissimo

>spent nearly three weeks studying for a music history diagnostic exam, by re-reading my textbook. two chapters a day
>textbook is over 1100 pages long
>i took 105 pages of microsoft word notes on this textbook
>that is the size of a small novel
>took test today
>DIDN'T KNOW LIKE 75% OF THE QUESTIONS ON THE TEST, AS IN, THEY WERE EITHER SHIT MY TEXTBOOK NEVER EVEN MENTIONED IN PASSING OR THEY WERE RIDICULOUSLY OVER-SPECIFIC TO A POINT THAT THERE WAS NO WAY I COULD HOPE TO GET THEM UNLESS I WAS LIKE A BONA FIDE EXPERT ON 17TH CENTURY OPERA OR WHATEVER THE FUCK
>probably going to have to re-take test
>all that time spent studying my fucking textbook was wasted
>i want to cry
>fuck my life

mikey

unmotivated

Maelstrom

Is it not curved?
I have a good friend at Princeton and he says the top grades on just about every final is 50-60, before the curve. Being able to pass a class is only dependant on your ability to do better than your peers.

Altissimo

it's a diagnostic test. this means it's to gauge my music history knowledge and is completely separate from competition against peers or any class. If I don't pass, I'll have to take it again and so on until I do pass. So no, I don't think it's curved. Passing is at least 60%. Considering all the GUESSING i was doing I guess that's a possible outcome but I highly doubt it.

Maelstrom

Ruto

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 17, 2016, 09:02:01 AMIs it not curved?
I have a good friend at Princeton and he says the top grades on just about every final is 50-60, before the curve. Being able to pass a class is only dependant on your ability to do better than your peers.

Lol not undergrad and not an Ivy where they pass more students than they should so they don't feel bad about who they've admitted (their "investments"). I knew a kid at Yale who admitted he fucked up so badly in his first year, but ended up with B's in everything. My professor who went to Harvard admits they bump up grades like this too.

Yep.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

DS

Oh my goooosh
OK sorry I'm about to rant right now
My mom just went through the weirdest mood swing
She gets really irritating when I'm discussing work
So after heckling about my hours for the school year
She just gave my family the cold shoulder like she usually does when she's irrationally irritated
Especially about my "running to the recording studio everyday" (not even true, literally last year I went at most once a week)
And "If your homework isn't done at school, you're goofing off"
So she was like "School work and getting to college should come before work"
And I was like "Well, next summer I need to start working more to save up for college"
And she's like "No, you need to improve your schoolwork so you can get scholarships"
"You can get a job at college, but just for spending money"
😕
Like top-notch schools pay full-rides...
Then I was like "I got 5s on my AP tests (3 of them, I got in 3 in Chem tho, still passing) and have an AP scholar with distinction award, and colleges like that"
And she was just like "Yeah... great"
"As long as your grades stay up"
And doesn't even care
She's just worried I won't get my chores done 😕
That's what she always rants about
"If things don't get done around here, I'm just leaving"
So I think to myself
"What the heck am I supposed to do to please her, huh?"
I do all my chores, but if she doesn't notice it she doesn't care
and when she notices that I missed something
even once
she just festers
and yells at us about it
"It's just you and that dang Internet"
"All you can think about is what you're going to do next on it"
"And some person's gonna find you and kidnap you"
"I'm going to throw your laptop out the window and across the lawn"
"If you want to work more, then use your money to pay our electrical bill"

K, that's it

Maelstrom

Quote from: DS on August 17, 2016, 06:21:19 PM"And some person's gonna find you and kidnap you"
This quote pretty much sums up all this illogical crap she's giving you. Honestly, she just seems frustrated and your internet habits are the easiest place to take it out, simply because she doesn't see your finished products like she might otherwise.
In all honesty, that sucks. I'd give you advice but I still haven't found out what the heck to do or say to people who are constantly being inconsistent or hypocritical because, the instant you point it out, they just get mad.
If anyone figures out what to do, I'd love to know also.

cashwarrior1

Survive long enough until college. I dunno :P I was about to rant, but this is more important.

E. Gadd Industries

My parents are like that sometimes too. I just keep telling myself "Two more years & you'll be outta here, and you won't look back." (Aside from coming back to get my things, of course, but I'm not staying very long here once I get out of college. I'll just get my things, and figure out where I'm going)
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: DS on August 17, 2016, 06:21:19 PMAnd "If your homework isn't done at school, you're goofing off"
So she was like "School work and getting to college should come before work"
And I was like "Well, next summer I need to start working more to save up for college"
And she's like "No, you need to improve your schoolwork so you can get scholarships"
"You can get a job at college, but just for spending money"
Don't know how apt this is to your specific situation, but it bothers me when people try to make up for a lack of intelligence by being obstinate and "in control" of everybody else who doesn't agree with them (coughcoughmicromanagingcoughcough).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber