The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

Just heard about youtubes new policies, which sound really stupid. If you want to be able to monetize your video your video cannot contain: Curses, Politics, Sexual stuff like too much cleavage, big disasters. Sounds really stupid, sounds like youtube is turning into some "friendly little kids-website". Just wtf, you can't curse and talk about politics! So stupid!

Sign this petition if you think it's dumb and should be changed/removed: https://www.change.org/p/youtube-revert-new-rule-for-content-creators-on-youtube-preventing-monetization
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mikey

unmotivated

Nebbles

I don't see the issue here. You can still upload the videos, you just can't make money off of them.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Maelstrom

Quote from: Nebbles on September 02, 2016, 02:45:37 PMI don't see the issue here. You can still upload the videos, you just can't make money off of them.
But this basically ruins the career of a lot of youtubers out there, many of whom swear.
I mean, do you honestly expect The Angry Video Game Nerd to just clean up his act?

WaluigiTime64

10/10 Google. You must know exactly what you're doing.

Yeah, like Maelstrom said, a lot of youtubers would be screwed out of their job thanks to this. I don't know why Google thinks people are so sensitive.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 02, 2016, 02:52:21 PMBut this basically ruins the career of a lot of youtubers out there, many of whom swear.
I mean, do you honestly expect The Angry Video Game Nerd to just clean up his act?

Exactly. Some of those things are good, like you aren't allowed to endorse drugs, violence and such things. But what if a youtuber have a channel and swears a lot, or maybe some other youtuber who likes to talk about politics. The thing is that those things have never been an issue, like I never heard anyone say something like "Youtube's such a bad site, people curse way too much" or "I hate that people are allowed to talk about politics on youtube".

I mean sure you can still do but not get money of it, but the thing is that a lot of people on youtube do it also for the money, I mean it takes time and effort to make good videos, so people deserves some money from it. And a lot of youtubers are probably going to be less active or quit if they can't get any money from it.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

E. Gadd Industries

This is why I will only upload music & video game-related content.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

SlowPokemon

^That adds nothing to the conversation.

This is literally censorship. There's no reason for this to exist. People on television make money for speculating about politics. Stand-up comedians make money by cursing, talking about politics, discussing drugs and sex, and more of the stuff in there. Not to mention that "too much cleavage" and other things that are considered sexual are no better than those school dress codes that say girls can't wear tank tops -_- this is awful
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 02, 2016, 03:43:01 PMThis is literally censorship. There's no reason for this to exist. People on television make money for speculating about politics. Stand-up comedians make money by cursing, talking about politics, discussing drugs and sex, and more of the stuff in there. Not to mention that "too much cleavage" and other things that are considered sexual are no better than those school dress codes that say girls can't wear tank tops -_- this is awful
This.

Any news outlet on YT can have all their videos demonitized for this, as can anyone who curses too much (by whatever arbitrary standards YT has put in place). People will undoubtedly find another medium if YT doesn't shape up, so they'd better figure something out fast.
what is shitpost

Nebbles

Yeah, on second thought, I'll have to definitely take back my previous statement.

I really wonder if YouTube/Google actually knows what they're doing...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

E. Gadd Industries

Maybe we could all be witnessing the beginning of Google's end?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

SlowPokemon

Not that I don't appreciate the attempt to cleanse YouTube of all the awful filth it has but these kinds of standards aren't very good for getting the job done.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on September 02, 2016, 03:50:46 PMMaybe we could all be witnessing the beginning of Google's end?
Nah, they have too much money for that.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Maelstrom

mikey

I'm all for the no swearing thing, I think that's a great idea
unmotivated