News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Doesn't change the fact that it's censorship and is basically requiring people who do YouTube for a living to say and discuss only what YouTube allows them to in order to stay in business. I'm not big on swears either but if you don't like the amount of language that someone uses, there's an easy solution: just don't watch their stuff.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

All one would have to do is place censorship beeps over their cuss words to continue profiting
unmotivated

Dudeman

I'm pretty sure that the list of "acceptable" words is hilariously small, which is part of the problem. You'd be bleeping out an ungodly amount of words.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

what's most likely happening is everyone's overreacting and the world will continue to spin
unmotivated

Zunawe

You want to remove many people's only major source of income because they use a few profanities? Children hearing bad words on the internet is not a crisis, and it's not the fault of the people making content.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Olimar12345

I fucking love hearing those shitty-ass curse words on those dank-as-fuck youtube videos.

(warning: swears)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

The threat of non advertisement is definitely not something that's been up in the air before.
Keep in mind that this is just YouTube making this decision, too; advertisers have little to no control as to where in each specific category their ads go. That's why you'll find fracking ads or NRA ads on place like The Young Turks.
Curse words, whether you like them or not, shouldn't be grounds to defund someone. If that were the case for all cable news or speeches of any kind, Donald Trump would've gone bankrupt a 5th time.
what is shitpost

mikey

ok so apparently donald trump never goes bankrupt
sometimes when one of his companies isn't profiting he files for bankruptcy to save money, not because he's losing money

and again this isn't new, people who get flagged for inappropriate content will just be flagged more often
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

The Trump thing was just a joke, but about the title 9 issue with his businesses: if it becomes more profitable to tell the government you're bankrupt, you probably shouldn't have started the business/are a terrible businessperson.
what is shitpost

Bespinben

But, but, parallel 4ths and tritones are my favorite curses! How will I express myself without them?
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Pianist Da Sootopolis

So I got stood up by a friend in a suburb 10 miles away from where I live. Buses don't come for another half an hour. It's 40 degrees (F) and all I'm wearing is a long sleeved shirt.
what is shitpost

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on September 03, 2016, 09:16:49 PMSo I got stood up by a friend in a suburb 10 miles away from where I live. Buses don't come for another half an hour. It's 40 degrees (F) and all I'm wearing is a long sleeved shirt.
Were you not wearing any pants
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.