The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

I may end up doing that. I hate to trouble anyone outside of posting things in this topic, but things have escalated in the past...
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

I actually like listening to peoples' stories. I really do
unmotivated

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Nebbles is lowkey the best for venting and stuff just for the record

Also I'm open to talking if you'd like too~
what is shitpost

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 01, 2016, 08:10:25 PMIt's still a good idea to pay attention to what your parents are saying because at the worst they've at least raised more kids than you have and it seems like their kids are turning out alright.
Let me just tell you... sometimes, parents can do stuff that messes their kids up so bad that they end up turning out good. Sometimes.

Overall, I think it would just be better to say "Learn from what your parents did right, and learn from what they did wrong."
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 01, 2016, 08:24:50 PMif you ever want to talk about family issues in general we're skype friends and I'm a Bubbles Certified Pro Listener (tm)
confirmed

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 01, 2016, 08:10:25 PMbeing asexual doesn't really have much to do with marriage, but you're only 16 and you've got plenty of time to worry about that stuff later.  It's still a good idea to pay attention to what your parents are saying because at the worst they've at least raised more kids than you have and it seems like their kids are turning out alright.

If he's saying "maybe I don't want to get married or have kids" and his family is forcefully steering him in that direction that's not okay and listening to his parents isn't the best idea. I've been through the same conversation with my parents, though they only expressed sadness that I might not experience those parts of life--a pretty healthy reaction, unlike the one E. Gadd is getting.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

E. Gadd Industries

Eh, my parents can't generally express themselves that well, and it harms everyone. :/ And all this is when I've simply hinted at it, I haven't told them directly yet.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 01, 2016, 09:55:21 PMOverall, I think it would just be better to say "Learn from what your parents did right, and learn from what they did wrong."
I believe there is truth to that. I'm learning lots XD

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on October 01, 2016, 09:13:10 PMNebbles is lowkey the best for venting and stuff just for the record

Also I'm open to talking if you'd like too~
Thank you for that. Thank you all. I hope things go over well concerning this topic, will tell more when things happen.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Zunawe

This morning, there was an incident with a man brandishing a machete on my campus. We got a text/email alert with the message "Armed man with machete is in the Champion Center. Take appropriate protective action." Which I will admit is a strange text to receive at 9:30 in the morning. The first thing my roommate does is send us a screenshot of the message with the caption "I'm dying xD". A couple memes are thrown around in response. Ten minutes later, we get another alert saying "Police have apprehended the suspect and the situation is under control." It turns out the man was shot and killed. Now I get that some people are more comfortable joking about otherwise serious matters, but the first response to something like this should not be laughter. At the point my roommate sent that message, we had no idea if anybody was injured, dead, being held hostage, etc... It bothers me so much that during the last minutes of a man's life (even if he was an awful person), my roommate was laughing at it like it was a joke.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Onionleaf

Yikes, sorry to hear that. People grow up at different rates, and you never know, your roommate might've realised his joke was not all that appropriate soon after laughing about it. Try not to think too bad of society because of this incident, no-one can ever be free from making mistakes. I wholeheartedly agree though that it is upsetting to see/hear about. :(

SlowPokemon

So Hurricane Matthew happened and my dorm has been without power for almost 24 hours now 🙃 Luckily the campus music building is unaffected so I've just been hanging out there charging things and practicing
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

Don't you love it when the low is 44 F, but it's 35 F right now?

WaluigiTime64

1°C weather is no match for 34°C weather.

Depends on whether you prefer heat or cold I guess. Either way, it's going to get worse.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Oronoco

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on October 11, 2016, 05:17:23 AMDepends on whether you prefer heat or cold I guess. Either way, it's going to get worse.
Cold. I'm so ready.
BRING IT WINTER DO YOUR WORST.

Ask me again in February though, and you'll probably hear a different answer.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]