News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

Quote from: LuxraySpiral on March 27, 2017, 05:23:50 AMWords of the young and foolish:
Couldn't you just throw your current life away completely if you feel unhappy enough? Set yourself free; explore unknown lands; leave behind all you've known.
Yeah, that's a bit extreme. But surely change can't hurt too much?

money, that's the problem

money

i don't have any marketable skills :v

plus i have undergrad college debt to deal with so money is kind of important

LuxraySpiral

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 27, 2017, 05:56:23 AMMaking irl friends who you can talk to about it is probably the hardest, but most effective way. NSM can't substitute for actual face to face talks.
The problem is, I've ended up 10 thousand kilometres away from all my friends. Hopefully I'll find friends in Japan who will understand and accept me for who I am.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 27, 2017, 06:01:34 AMD: I'm sorry that happened dude :c I've been there before, and it's not fun. I'll be there on skype if you want to talk or get your mind off of it.
Thanks  :)

Quote from: Altissimo on March 27, 2017, 06:09:09 AMmoney, that's the problem

money

i don't have any marketable skills :v

plus i have undergrad college debt to deal with so money is kind of important
Ah, money. I think I'm too young to truly understand the struggles.
But surely you can use your incredible musical talent for something?
Quote from: LuxraySpiral on March 20, 2017, 07:37:23 AM
(Also, I might try to concrete my position as the parentheses guy)
Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 20, 2017, 08:18:57 AM
(Sorry, (but (that (role (is (already (taken.)))))))

Altissimo

Quote from: LuxraySpiral on March 27, 2017, 06:59:34 AMBut surely you can use your incredible musical talent for something?

music is basically the most moneyless field there is

i'm shit at performing, i'm shit at composing, the only thing left is music theory which is what i'm already doing

SlowPokemon

@Luxray making friends is helpful, but your friends don't have degrees in counseling or therapy. Seeing a professional therapist is the best thing you can do, based on the experience of a couple close friends, even if you've somehow deemed clinical therapy useless to you.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

@Lux one of the members here is named dude :X
In my experience, if you think you need treatment, you have to ask or talk to someone about it.  You can't just wait for someone to notice and fix it for you, because they won't.

@Alti you don't need money to travel the world.  Half the world has no money anyway.  Check out couchsurfing.com or something
unmotivated

Dude

guys i fixed it i was just super overtired lol

still wasn't fun but im over it for the most part 🌞

Altissimo

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 27, 2017, 08:29:20 AM@Alti you don't need money to travel the world.

i need money to pay off student debt, that's not negotiable

E. Gadd Industries

You know, travelling the world is really cheap. All you have to do is get a good running start & jump! The flying is the easy part.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

The trick to flying is falling and forgetting to hit the ground.  The hard part is making sure gravity doesn't notice you
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 27, 2017, 10:00:47 AMThe trick to flying is falling and forgetting to hit the ground.  The hard part is making sure gravity doesn't notice you
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Dude

I wish more people would try that sometimes ・

Hero of Trains

@Lux, I'm with Slow in that professional help and seeking medical care if you need it really is the way to go, because other people have their own lives to worry about too, and can't always be there or be focused on how you're doing. Talking to a psychologist has been really helpful for me to deal with things, and I highly recommend it. Make sure you get one that fits well with your personality, though, and don't be afraid to change if things aren't working.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

E. Gadd Industries

>_< if I eat something really sweet in the morning, especially for breakfast, my stomach cramps up extremely badly. And I forgot that happened this morning and ate waffles with chocolate chips for breakfast
I have school today whyyyyyyyy??
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on March 29, 2017, 04:38:02 AMif I eat something really sweet in the morning my stomach cramps up extremely badly.
Sounds like something you should talk to your doctor about. That is not normal. Hope you feel better, though.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

E. Gadd Industries

Eh, it's avoidable, but on that rare occasion that I forget (like today), the next few hours are miserable. It isn't anything suuuper dangerous; back in 2nd grade, when I didn't know this affected me, I would eat the small doughnut things for breakfast every morning, and every day during class near the beginning of the day, I would have massive stomach cramps. Never figured out what they were until I ate something sweet a few years back & the same thing happened. I connected the dots, and yea.

I feel better now, but bleh. It'll help me remember not to eat anything sweet for breakfast anytime soon!
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]