The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maretocks

I love you Juber.

Can I be the Cheif eXperience Officer? That sounds fun.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

DrP

You forgot the most important part of a company: the Chairman of the Board and the Board Members!!!

SuperFireKirby

School's out. So I'm not as pissed off as usual.

Still hate the holidays. Why do people care that there's something to do with Christmas in the holidays? If you're so offended by the fact that they used the word Christmas to do describe a Christmas themed village thingy in Pennsylvania because you're a Muslim working there, then make you're own damn village centralized around a holiday of your own religion. better yet, don't work at the damn place if it offends you so much.

Its not like Christmas is a real holy-day anyway. Its just the time of year when greed and consumer whorism reach their peak. And isn't the main figure of Christmas supposed to be Jesus and not some obese elf in red, fuzzy pajamas? I don't know if there is a single kid left in the U.S. under the age of ten who even knows(or cares) about the reason Christmas is celebrated. As long as some fictional fat man brings them toys and candy.
[/rant]

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Roz~

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on December 19, 2010, 08:11:33 AMSchool's out. So I'm not as pissed off as usual.

Still hate the holidays. Why do people care that there's something to do with Christmas in the holidays? If you're so offended by the fact that they used the word Christmas to do describe a Christmas themed village thingy in Pennsylvania because you're a Muslim working there, then make you're own damn village centralized around a holiday of your own religion. better yet, don't work at the damn place if it offends you so much.

Its not like Christmas is a real holy-day anyway. Its just the time of year when greed and consumer whorism reach their peak. And isn't the main figure of Christmas supposed to be Jesus and not some obese elf in red, fuzzy pajamas? I don't know if there is a single kid left in the U.S. under the age of ten who even knows(or cares) about the reason Christmas is celebrated. As long as some fictional fat man brings them toys and candy.
[/rant]

Blame Coca-Cola. Also, I agree with you.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Cobraroll

^Meh. This year, I celebrate Christmas for the fact that now, the sun "turns" and it starts to get brighter, and as a time I can spend together with my family. Seeing as I'll spend the majority of the year living a thousand kilometres north of the rest of my family, where there's no sun between October and February, I feel that the birth of some guy a looong time ago is second priority. Santa Claus serves as a childhood memory returning every year, to help me get in the Christmas mood. Disney's version of Christmas is refreshingly non-religious and family-friendly as well.

I can add that in Norway, we use the word "Jul" (more commonly known as Yule in English) for Christmas. The Yule tradition centered around the turning of the sun, and a few pagan traditions I can't remember. Apparently, the Christian holiday was introduced as "Kristsmesse" (Literally, "Christ's mass") by Christian missionaires back in the days, but the Vikings kept calling the Winter festival Yule, regardless of what was celebrated. So here, you can celebrate Christmas without Christ at all. Most people actually do, but a visit to the Church is a tradition for many. Most Norwegians only visit church once a year, on Christmas Eve.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Dude

I don't understand why the windows XP mode doesn't have Japanese and other stuff installed and then asks for the god damn disk I don't have just to install it.

Stupid Microsoft

KefkaticFanatic

Stop having a terribly outdated operating system.

The reason for having to do such a thing is because it's outdated -__-

me irl
[close]

PianoMan

My life is terribly mundane. Nothing good or bad ever happens. It's tortuous.

Dude

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on December 19, 2010, 08:54:43 PMStop having a terribly outdated operating system.

The reason for having to do such a thing is because it's outdated -__-
What are you talking about? I have Windows 7 Professional.

The only reason I use that XP mode is because of some god-forsaken applications refuse to work in 7.
* Dude looks at SofTalk

Jub3r7

I hated myself so much that I decided to punish myself by not dying and enduring whatever there is to come before old age.

That's weird...
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

URRRGH

My dad found out I was uploading vids to YouTube, and he thought that was pretty cool. So he decided to watch a "most popular" video on YT. The one he picked was an especially vulgar one called something like "santa is dead: a love story" or something similar. After watching it he is under the impression that YouTube should be banned at our house even though I have explained to him that I only use YT for music.

I don't know if he's actually going to do something about it. But. He thinks he knows everything.

URRRGH
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ruto

Okay, might as well say this. Youtube is one of the biggest crap factories on the internet...because anyone can post anything on it. Also, you can gain a sense of it by reading the troll comments on videos.

I don't mean to offend you guys. It's odd that he's never heard of Youtube before though.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

ETFROXX

I'm getting sick. Our snow is melting. I may have failed English. LALALALALKJFLSKD JFLDSKJFCKJDSHFKDSFS LFHDSK

SlowPokemon

Quote from: ETFROXX on December 22, 2010, 03:40:21 PMLALALALALKJFLSKD JFLDSKJFCKJDSHFKDSFS LFHDSK

At first I thought you were singing.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

ETFROXX

I was going to. But then my frustration took over my hands. =(