News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Submissions General Questions, Comments, etc

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 23, 2010, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

Did I not fix the things we talked about on Boss Theme Medley? ???
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Yugi

Hello.

If you have looked in the Dropbox Folder, I have put some songs from the BW/W2 Arrangment project into a folder, so that they can be fixed, then uploaded to the site. The Only ones I put in were the ones on my Dropbox Account, so if someone could do me a favor and put the other songs on there, I would be grateful.

(Also, if we do an update with only B2/W2 Songs, could I please do the update?)

SaturnV

Hi, I'm new to the site, but have been wanting to share my arrangement for some time. Would it be possible to submit only a single file, as one just happens to be all that I've prepared?

Sebastian

SlowPokemon

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 14, 2013, 08:02:44 PMyes, thats fine

LMAO xD

No, you actually need MUS, MIDI, and PDF. If you don't have any of those, you need to either make them or find someone to make them for you.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MoboMoga

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 14, 2013, 08:44:01 PMLMAO xD

No, you actually need MUS, MIDI, and PDF. If you don't have any of those, you need to either make them or find someone to make them for you.

Actually I've been wondering about the MUS part. Please excuse me for my ignorance, but what's the purpose of putting up MUS files on the site? Is it for people to edit, or..?  :-\

Yugi

Winter

Quote from: MoboMoga on August 17, 2013, 05:22:23 PMActually I've been wondering about the MUS part. Please excuse me for my ignorance, but what's the purpose of putting up MUS files on the site? Is it for people to edit, or..?  :-\

It's an archive.

MoboMoga

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Winter

An archive is a database where you store things. People use the PDF's so they can print them out of view them in a browser. They use the midi's to upload them to other programs to do things with. I personally use the MUS's so that I can watch the sheet as I hear it being played. It also allows me to make quick and easy changes to the sheet if something was incorrect on the site. and I would never have to go looking for the MUS file to fix it, because it's in our archive. If it wasn't there, and we credited the wrong composer, it's have to be re-written, or uploaded through midi again. It just helps to have all the files that an updater, arranger, member, or fan could ever need. Just cause you don't need one file does not mean it's not extremely useful, of in this case, necessary.

Yugi

Olimar12345

Yugi, it wasn't you I was talking about. Look at the topics of the posts above. -___-
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FireArrow

Quote from: Yugi on June 12, 2013, 05:38:02 PMHello.

If you have looked in the Dropbox Folder, I have put some songs from the BW/W2 Arrangment project into a folder, so that they can be fixed, then uploaded to the site. The Only ones I put in were the ones on my Dropbox Account, so if someone could do me a favor and put the other songs on there, I would be grateful.

(Also, if we do an update with only B2/W2 Songs, could I please do the update?)

Your arrangement project folder still needs to follow the same rules as the others.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

MoboMoga

Quote from: Winter on August 17, 2013, 07:44:05 PMAn archive is a database where you store things. People use the PDF's so they can print them out of view them in a browser. They use the midi's to upload them to other programs to do things with. I personally use the MUS's so that I can watch the sheet as I hear it being played. It also allows me to make quick and easy changes to the sheet if something was incorrect on the site. and I would never have to go looking for the MUS file to fix it, because it's in our archive. If it wasn't there, and we credited the wrong composer, it's have to be re-written, or uploaded through midi again. It just helps to have all the files that an updater, arranger, member, or fan could ever need. Just cause you don't need one file does not mean it's not extremely useful, of in this case, necessary.

Oh I see; I forgot about the users using them as well. I just thought they slowed down, in a way, the number of sheets that are published on the site because other sheet sites usually don't require MUS files. Thanks for the info.