News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

SlowPokemon's Arrangements--NEW Ace Attorney (June 11)

Started by SlowPokemon, November 07, 2010, 02:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pumpy_heart

I love this tune. So simple, but I could loop it forever.
Besides formatting fixes, the only change I see that needs to be made is the dotted quarter rest. Don't use them unless you're in a compound time signature (like 6/8, 9/8, 6/4, etc.).
Good job!

SlowPokemon

Professor Layton and the Last Specter
Misthallery's Many Canals
MIDI
MUS

Quite proud of this arrangement, as I love this song. Feedback would be greatly appreciated as I want it to be perfect.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SlowPokemon

Cue epic orchestral version!!!

[NDS]Professor Layton and the Last Specter
Misthallery's Many Canals (Accordion + Piano + Violin)
MIDI
MUS

so proud of this arrangement...the violin part is so beautifully melancholy

Bloop

SlowPokemon

Well, I actually looked at the beginnings of your arrangement a couple months ago. :P But then I was grounded for a while and kinda forgot about yours, so I decided to make my own. It makes it more special for me anyway. XD Sorry bout that, Bloop.

Bloop

Meh, it doesn't really matter (when you're the mad hatter) I never touched it again for some reason (like most arrangements of mine)

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Bloop on December 11, 2011, 10:51:48 AMMeh, it doesn't really matter (when you're the mad hatter) I never touched it again for some reason (like most arrangements of mine)

Lol yeah, I have dozens of barely-started or half-finished arrangements... :P

I was trying with the ensemble version to get it as close to the game's version as possible. Of course, with no pizzicato strings in Finale, that part had to be taken over by the piano, but I still think it sounds nice. The violin was my main focus there anyway.

Bespinben

No pizzicato strings? LIES. All you have to do is load in an extra MIDI channel and select Pizzicato Strings in the Instrument List.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

SlowPokemon

Bespinben

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 11, 2011, 11:07:49 AMOf course, with no pizzicato strings in Finale, that part had to be taken over by the piano, but I still think it sounds nice.

Was in response to that statement.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Bespinben on December 11, 2011, 12:34:15 PMNo pizzicato strings? LIES. All you have to do is load in an extra MIDI channel and select Pizzicato Strings in the Instrument List.

Was in response to that statement; how do I do that

Bespinben

You would use the Staff Tool and add a new instrument. Once you've done that, change the name of whatever instrument you chose to Pizzicato Strings. After that, go to the instrument list under the MIDI/Audio drop-down menu and change the GM of the instrument to Pizzicato Strings. There ya go  ;)

Shadoninja

Quote from: Bespinben on December 11, 2011, 01:17:34 PMYou would use the Staff Tool and add a new instrument. Once you've done that, change the name of whatever instrument you chose to Pizzicato Strings. After that, go to the instrument list under the MIDI/Audio drop-down menu and change the GM of the instrument to Pizzicato Strings. There ya go  ;)
there's a way to make it so that you can have pre-existing strings play pizzicato using layers. you don't need to have a separate staff for pizzicato playing and I think that would make the score look messy anyway.

I will write the tutorial on how to in a moment.

here's how: http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=2223.msg130161#msg130161
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Taser9090

Yay! Finally, another amazing arrangement of an amazing Professor Layton song :D

Sounds really great!

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

SlowPokemon

Thanks man! And Shado, I will look at that tutorial in just a moment.