News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Spelling Errors, Wrong Links, Corrupted/Missing Files - OLD THREAD

Started by Winter, February 13, 2011, 11:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winter

This thread is out of date. Click below for new thread.

NEW THREAD

SlowPokemon

Sootopolis sounds cooler without City :D and it's not that big a deal, but I see your point.

Magna=big/great (in Latin), so magma would of course be better...

Also, glad to see that "Silph" is spelled correctly now. :D
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sekter77

Is it ok if I post some other typos here? I'm pretty sure Pokemon isn't the only culprit on this front. I think some duplicate arrangements are still hanging around on the site too, even after they were replaced. I don't mind combing the site and looking for these later today if it would help.
Guitar and video games.

Winter

@Sekter77: Yes absolutely!

May I also point out the 2 Bicycle themes?

Sekter77

Here are the other ones I picked out. It's possible I missed some though so keep your eyes open. If I'm wrong on any of these feel free to correct me.

Fixed.

--SM64:
Haunted Merry should be replaced by -> Haunted Merry-go-round.

--Super Mario World 2:
Flower Garden and Make Eggs, Throw Eggs. Neither of these are arrangements really better than the other, but I guess Flower Garden should stay.
--Ocarina of Time:
Chest Open should be replaced by -> Open Treasure Chest.

--Oracle of Ages and Seasons:
Fairies Fountain and Impas Odd Arrival. The one with the apostrophes in the title should stay.

--Minish Cap:
Minish Village and Story (both were by G-Han) have both been replaced by WarioMan's versions.

--Goldeneye:
I don't know if this is a typo from the game, but "Kirghizstan" should be spelled Kyrgyzstan.

--The two Soul Calibur 3 sections should be combined.
--"Earth Worm" Jim section should be spelled with just two words -> ("Earthworm Jim").
Guitar and video games.

Winter

Quote from: Sekter77 on February 14, 2011, 06:47:49 PM--Minish Cap:
Minish Village and Story (both were by G-Han) have both been replaced by WarioMan's versions.

Is that bad?

The Deku Trombonist

Fixed these:
Super Mario 64 - Haunted Merry-Go-Round
Minish Cap - Minish Village/Story
Oracle of Seasons/Ages - Impa's Odd Arrival

Winter

The Deku Trombonist

Winter

Jub3r7

Hurray, ty winter. Don't know why I didn't do some of those myself. :P

Also didn't notice the Sotopolis one.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Cobraroll

Fixed.

Touhou7: Perfect Cherry Blossom:
- Phantom Ensemble is spelled "Enemble"

Pokémon Red/Blue:
- Jigglypuff Song -> Jigglypuff's Song
 - Pokecenter -> Poké Center

Entire Pokémon section:
 - Fix the é in appropriate places! (this will take forever, but I'll get started if the other mods think it's worth it.)

Pokémon Colosseum:
Miror. B. Battle -> Miror B. Battle (no dot after Miror)

Pokémon DPP:
- Floraroma Town -> Floaroma Town
- Route 205(Duet) should preferrably have a space between 205 and (Duet), like the rest of the duets on site.

Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire:
- Little Root Town(Duet) -> Littleroot Town (Duet)

This one might not go well with the code, but I feel like I should point out that the Touhou 6 song, "U.N. Owen Was Her?" is spelled with a question mark. Though, I would understand why the site spells it without one. Same goes for the é in Pokémon, really. (We should ask Dude)
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

A) IT IS NOT FREAKING POKECENTER OR POKE CENTER OR WHATEVER. I will attempt to say it calmly.

POKéMON CENTER POKéMON CENTER POKéMON CENTER

I know that sounds petty but THAT HAS BEEN BUGGING ME FROM THE VERY FIRST TIME I SAW THAT ON THE SITE

B) Everything that he said, except I don't care so much about the é.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Winter

Don't (Pokewhatever's) have [Poké] written on the outside?

Implying Pokécenter :P

Cobraroll

^No, actually, I did some research. Slow is right, it is Pokémon Center, with no official way of shortening it.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.