News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Update, Wednesday, July 4th 2012 - Featured Arranger: Joel Hands-Otte

Started by Winter, July 04, 2012, 12:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winter

Well, Here's to another Holiday! It's about time we uploaded some Super Mario 3D Land Sheet music, and today we have a LOT of it!

Round of applause to Joel Hands-Otte for arranging 'nearly' the entire soundtrack!

Enjoy!

[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "Overworld" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "Main Theme" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "Main Theme (Duet)" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "Clock Tower (Main Theme)" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "Jazzy Overworld" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "Jazzy Overworld (Duet)" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "Staff Roll (Main Theme)" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "World 1" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "World 1 (Duet)" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "World 2" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "World 2 (Duet)" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "World 3" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "World 4" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "World 5" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "World 6" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "World 7" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "World 7 (Duet)" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "World 8" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "World 8 (Part 2)" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "Special World 1" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "Special World 1 (Duet)" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "Special World 2" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "Special World 3" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "Special World 4" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "Special World 5" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "Special World 5 (Duet)" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "Special World 6" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "Special World 7" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "Special World 7 (Duet)" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "Special World 8" - Joel Hands-Otte
[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - "Special World 8 (5 Stars) (Duet)" - Joel Hands-Otte

~Winter

Ruto

3 hours and 21 seconds late!!!  >:(

Lol jk. Update sounds freakin' awesome.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

spitllama

Winter you're so sneaky- making an update behind everybody's back :D Thanks you two for your hard work!
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Spyro

SlowPokemon

Here's my comments on the sheets for Fingerz:

"Clock Tower" - you're missing the intro

"Jazzy Overworld" - good

"Jazzy Overworld (Duet)" - good

"Main Theme" - technically this song is called "Title," since the main theme is the regular Overworld theme, but the song itself looks great

"Overworld" - again, this is called "Main Theme," but it's not a huge deal; also, have you considered changing those 32nd notes to simple grace notes? It seems that that would make it a little easier on the eyes...otherwise, song looks good

All World themes look good. I find the duets to be kind of frivolous and unnecessary, but I suppose they are for far less advanced pianists? Also, the official names for the special worlds are "World S1" "World S2", etc. This would also clean up the page, making the worlds appear in chronological order.

"Staff Roll" - good

So let's see, we're still missing a lot of the soundtrack. This really helps the site get going on it though, nice job Fingerz.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

The above post is the stuff we're supposed to talk about before an update gets posted...

And as far as I can tell, every time a "duet" arrangement comes along it's because the arranger doesn't know how to properly arrange the piece for single piano without losing major parts.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

^ A) Fingerz last update was in April. He and Winter must have done this behind the scenes or something like that. Therefore, none of us critiqued it knowing that it was going on the site today.

B) Yes, I agree. All of the duets are unnecessary, but in this case he arranged all of them for solo piano and added a duet as well, which I found incredibly odd.

FSM-Reapr

For me, the ''Jazzy Overworld(duet)'' had the perfect timing.

Winter

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 04, 2012, 10:29:30 AMThe official names for the special worlds are "World S1" "World S2", etc. This would also clean up the page, making the worlds appear in chronological order.

Hm, I'll think about doing that. And regarding your comments on various sheets, I'll let Fingerz review his sheets. The intention was to get started on well needed games on the site. This update brings more benefit than harm.

I understand what you are saying about the duets, Kefka. No harm was done, however, and maybe someone will put them to good use! More importantly, we have them for solo piano also.
Just because I posted it does not mean that just these sheets are going to stay there forever, anyone may still critique the sheets and submit replacements.

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: Winter on July 04, 2012, 11:50:20 AMI understand what you are saying about the duets, Kefka. No harm was done, however, and maybe someone will put them to good use!

Wayyyyyy ahead of you, pal.(check my blog)

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Winter on July 04, 2012, 11:50:20 AMHm, I'll think about doing that. And regarding your comments on various sheets, I'll let Fingerz review his sheets. The intention was to get started on well needed games on the site. This update brings more benefit than harm.

I understand what you are saying about the duets, Kefka. No harm was done, however, and maybe someone will put them to good use! More importantly, we have them for solo piano also.
Just because I posted it does not mean that just these sheets are going to stay there forever, anyone may still critique the sheets and submit replacements.

Yep! I thought it was a great way to start off the great soundtrack for this game.

KefkaticFanatic

You shouldn't just bypass the standard submission process.  This makes it even worse than what we had before.

me irl
[close]

Winter

Technically that /would/ be what we had before.

You're acting like there was no reviewing of the sheets whatsoever. If you'd like, try running an update your way and see if anything ever makes it onto the site.

Yes, quality is better than quantity, but we can't have quality with no progress whatsoever xD

pumpy_heart

First one to find KefkaticFanatic happy with anything that happens to the site wins some NSM dollars.

Congratulations Fingerz! Keep up the hard work! =D