News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

Echo

Was hoping for a Luiginary attack instead, but I guess the Poltergust's cool too.

FierceDeity

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on April 04, 2014, 07:45:32 PMBecause it's very easy to avoid on larger stages (e.g. anything larger than Final Destination :P).

Easy to avoid if all you try to do is walk up to people and use it. Obviously there's more to it than that, haha. Push them to a corner/the edge of the map and trap them with it, hit/throw them off the edge and set it up before they get back on, anticipate their landing spot from a post-up+B fall; there's a lot of goddamn ways to make it work. It's a pretty wide range, and doesn't take absurdly long to take effect. I can only really see it being difficult (not impossible, but difficult) on hyrule temple, new pork city, moving stages (and even those you can often make it work), and maybe eldin bridge.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FierceDeity on April 05, 2014, 12:25:30 AMEasy to avoid if all you try to do is walk up to people and use it. Obviously there's more to it than that, haha.
YA DON'T SAY. :P

QuotePush them to a corner/the edge of the map and trap them with it, hit/throw them off the edge and set it up before they get back on, anticipate their landing spot from a post-up+B fall; there's a lot of goddamn ways to make it work. It's a pretty wide range, and doesn't take absurdly long to take effect. I can only really see it being difficult (not impossible, but difficult) on hyrule temple, new pork city, moving stages (and even those you can often make it work), and maybe eldin bridge.
9/10 times (a little exaggeration), that isn't going to happen. Especially if you're going against a flying/floating character (or one with a good jump)... not to mention the time Luigi spends dancing around right after you activate it... :P Since the opponent is likely only to be at the edge of the "bubble", if they're even caught by it at all (as I mentioned, most opponents actually fight back), you won't have much time to attack them unless you don't make any effort not to get caught and/or get out of the bubble (or are just insanely unlucky). And, in addition, as I said, with pretty much any stage that's larger than Final Destination, there will always be a bit of room to escape to (and that's assuming Luigi is in an optimal position).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

I will never understand how you can get so worked up over a conversation like this
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Waddle Bro

Negative Zone was possibly one of the best Final Smashes. It guaranteed a KO if the opponent was about 60%.

MaestroUGC

It was a good final smash, but not one that felt like something that was uniquely Luigi.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

DonValentino

What are you guys expecting to see on this week's Smash Bros Direct? I think we'll see some different modes, maybe a new one and a couple of new newcomers and veterans.

C'mon K Rool, I have faith in you!!

MaestroUGC

I think the big thing they'll announce is the launch date, as well as some supplementary stuff and a more detailed difference between the Wii U and 3DS versions, like how the personalization thing will work out.

Yugi

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

fingerz

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 05, 2014, 07:01:51 AMI will never understand how you can get so worked up over a conversation like this
It's like Pokemon or Mario & Luigi games for us, y'know! :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

SlowPokemon

Oh my god

Nintendo Magazine UK published an issue focusing on Layton vs. Ace Attorney

And this is in that magazine

Layton confirmed for Smash?

I'm really cautiously excited if thIS ISNT TRUE I WILL BE SO UPSET
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Waddle Bro