News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

SlowPokemon

That Direct was really really lame. Greninja and Charizard, woohoo I guess? Charizard was playable in the last game and Greninja is a really weird choice.

As for the other info, meh. I didn't get any unexpected news besides the differing release dates.

I can't believe they're going to pass that off as this month's Nintendo Direct.

Edit: Although at least Rosalina's going to be a really cool competitor like I'd hoped. I just don't see the character roster getting much bigger at this point, considering there are 29 currently confirmed characters and they haven't even confirmed Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, or Ness.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dudeman

Greninja? A weird choice? I beg to differ. Who would you have chosen?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

Tell me how Greninja is at all a normal choice for Super Smash Bros. xD lmao

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

mikey

I agree with Slow for once.  I mean compare the number of people who have heard of Charizard, Mewtwo, Pikachu, and Lucario with the number of people who have heard of Greninja.

IDK it would have been cool if they had like put Gengar in or something
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: fingerz on April 08, 2014, 04:04:42 PMAuthor error. We saw the final smash. :)
Ah... well, looking at the video, at least it can use some interesting moves (Substitute! :D).

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 08, 2014, 04:19:55 PMTell me how Greninja is at all a normal choice for Super Smash Bros. xD lmao
At least it's a Gen 6 Pokémon they chose.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

Greninja is one of the most hyped Pokemon from Gen 6. He's the most popular final evolution, plus he's a freaking ninja (frog). Ability wise, he has his classic Water Shuriken, and he's built in a way that makes him look physical. He's basically (for the purposes of Smash) a Pokemon Sheik with water powers.

Gosh, I feel like I'm gonna launch into a BDS-style debate. I'll stop now.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 08, 2014, 04:22:55 PMI agree with Slow for once.  I mean compare the number of people who have heard of Charizard, Mewtwo, Pikachu, and Lucario with the number of people who have heard of Greninja.

IDK it would have been cool if they had like put Gengar in or something

Nahhh you're getting the wrong idea as usual. I like Greninja well enough, I'm just confused as to why they put it in Smash other than "it's new."

Echo

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 08, 2014, 04:19:55 PMTell me how Greninja is at all a normal choice for Super Smash Bros. xD lmao

Popularity is a big factor in choosing characters. XY is a popular game, and Greninja is popular among the players.

By the way, did anyone catch the Pokemon League stage in Greninja's trailer? Looks like it'll transform, since I saw Drasna's and Siebold's chambers I think.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Echo on April 08, 2014, 04:25:51 PMBy the way, did anyone catch the Pokemon League stage in Greninja's trailer? Looks like it'll transform, since I saw Drasna's and Siebold's chambers I think.

Ohhh that's a really neat idea.

FierceDeity

I mean, if they just left pokemon inclusions to gen I (and lucario, I guess) while updating other franchises' characters to include those more recently relevant, it'd be like them admitting to genwunners "you're right, these ones we originally created were much better, no use considering the new ones". And if you would want pokemon from other generations just not VI, that's kind of the same thing. Greninja is easily the most popular starter introduced in gen VI, if not the most popular pokemon in it in general, so it makes a lot of sense to me.

blueflower999

Really happy with this Direct. Elec Man confirmed for an Assist Trophy totally made it for me.

Wish we got a few new characters rather than a bunch of returning ones, but five new additions to the roster is still pretty good for one day I'll say.

And besides, don't forget about the hidden characters guys. They're not going to confirm those until after launch, and even then it'll likely be hidden on the site like it was during Brawl. For all we know, Ness, Captain Falcon, and Jigglypuff are unlockable like they were in the original.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Yugi

Quote from: blueflower999 on April 08, 2014, 04:34:50 PMElec Man confirmed for an Assist Trophy totally made it for me.
Proto Man or Bass would have been better, but hey Elec Man is pretty cool as well.

Echo

Quote from: Yugi on April 08, 2014, 08:18:15 PMProto Man or Bass would have been better, but hey Elec Man is pretty cool as well.

You never know, there could be more Assist Trophies too.

This alone satisfied any Mega Man representation for me though:

FierceDeity

WAIT I JUST NOW WATCHED IT RATHER THAN JUST LOOKING AT REVIEWS OF IT, HOLY SHIT SO EXCITED FOR ROSALINA AND LITTLE MAC'S PLAY STYLES