Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

Yugi

If we're both referring to the same list, it's clearly photoshopped.

fingerz

I haven't seen the list, but it's damn plausible that Chrom's in it. :P I'm surprised Wario hasn't been announced yet... Not that I use him, my brother would be very sad, though. XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

K-NiGhT

I wouldn't be surprised if Chrom was in this smash. They're trying to take the best characters and stages from both 3DS and WiiU for the games, and Fire Emblem: Awakening was one of the 3DS's best early titles. Not only that, but Arena Ferox is a stage in the 3DS version, which is from Awakening as well. The chances of Chrom being included in Smash are extremely high, and I for one would be stoked to see him.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Yugi

I'm not saying that there's no chance of Chrom appearing (I would like either him or Lucina to appear), I'm just saying that the possible "list" that fingerz was talking about was fake.

K-NiGhT

I'm not saying it wasn't fake. I'm just saying that the chances of Chrom making an appearance are extremely high.

SlowPokemon

Oh man, Chrom's gotta be in it. Preferably with feet this time.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Echo

Quote from: Yugi on April 28, 2014, 12:03:04 AMI'm not saying that there's no chance of Chrom appearing (I would like either him or Lucina to appear), I'm just saying that the possible "list" that fingerz was talking about was fake.

You talking about this one?
http://gematsu.com/2014/04/rumor-shulk-palutena-set-super-smash-bros

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 28, 2014, 04:38:51 AMOh man, Chrom's gotta be in it. Preferably with feet this time.

he doesn't need feet when he has dat body

I actually hope that that's a costume for him if he gets in. >_>

fingerz

Slightly off-topic, but my brother showed me how inappropriate that game sounds if you just listen to the character voices during story-line text. I don't know many names, so sorry... XD He demonstrated by turning up the volume during the part where Grima:

Grima: Hahahahaha!

Woman: Oh!

Grima: YES!!

Woman: No!

Grima: Hmph!

Grima: YAAAAAHHH!!

Woman: (scream!)

Yeah, we were both dying of laughter by that point... XDDDD
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Echo

Quote from: fingerz on April 28, 2014, 06:16:34 PMSlightly off-topic, but my brother showed me how inappropriate that game sounds if you just listen to the character voices during story-line text.

This doesn't have innuendo, but my favorite voice clip exchange is in Chapter 1 (major spoilers for the whole game though!)
don't read until you've beaten at least Chapter 6
Marth: "You may call me Marth."
Chrom: "Really?"
Marth: "No."
[close]

fingerz

Ahahaha! That's hilarious! It looks like a very well-crafted game, actually. I'd be inclined to buy it if it wasn't so damn expensive. That being said, I'm not a fan of strategic games. Pokemon is a great example of that; I've never done anything but make my team a powerhouse. :P

Maelstrom

It's a great game, but not necessarily a great fire emblem game. It just doesn't have the complexity or unforgivability (even on classic) as some of the others. And it completely ditched the weight system: In other games, like sacred stones, more powerful or heavier weapons have a higher weight that makes them harder to attack twice with. Awakening remove that strategy and encourages you to only equip the most powerful weapons and gives you multiple copies of each.

SlowPokemon

Actually, it is necessarily a great Fire Emblem game. I have not heard anyone else say otherwise.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 03, 2014, 04:41:24 PMActually, it is necessarily a great Fire Emblem game. I have not heard anyone else say otherwise.
qft

Maelstrom

I haven't played enough to compare it to others, but, while the graphics were great, it seems more casual and less punishing than the other games. I've only played 3 games: Shadow Dragon (terrible), awakening (good), and Sacred Stones (great). My only possible gripe with stones is the limit of support conversations each character can have. I think the story is better and much more emotional and, personally, I love the sprites for the GBA games. The music for awakening was incredible, however.

But, back to the topic: Chrom for Smash!