News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

Yugi

Actually, considering  that there's a melee tourney, I might consider going olimar for brawl, jiggly for melee.

SlowPokemon

Jigglypuff is my favorite character. He kicks ass. Not even joking.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

It's probably just me, but Ike is pretty good and easy to control. But his recovery moves suck. Roy is awesome in melee.

blueflower999

Why is Toon Link so much higher than Link on the tier list?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Waddle Bro

Because Toon Link is pretty much better at every aspect than Link.

SlowPokemon

FireArrow

Quote from: Yugi on May 26, 2014, 03:48:23 AMActually, considering  that there's a melee tourney, I might consider going olimar for brawl, jiggly for melee.

Jiggly is tier S in melee - learn rest combos and people will think your god. Easy ones: Up Throw -> SH -> rest (on fast fallers), u-tilt -> rest for everyone else. Don't forget to spam B-air/wall of pain ^^

Quote from: maelstrom. on May 26, 2014, 06:27:30 AMIt's probably just me, but Ike is pretty good and easy to control. But his recovery moves suck. Roy is awesome in melee.

I think you mean Marth, Roy is terrible. :/

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Echo

Quote from: SlowPokemon on May 26, 2014, 12:02:07 PMIncluding design.

Especially design. Non-Toon Link is ugly in Brawl. >_>

Quote from: Yugi on May 26, 2014, 03:48:23 AMActually, considering  that there's a melee tourney, I might consider going olimar for brawl, jiggly for melee.

Good luck at the tourney. Jiggly's really good in Melee btw. Follow what FireArrow said. Or just jump around and spam aerial attacks and catch people off-guard with Jiggly's ridiculous hitboxes.

Like, Jiggly's arm/leg would be say, this big: |.|
But then the range turns out being this big: |........|

Example:

like, how do you even explain that

FireArrow

The back air hit box is hilarious. Ness U-tilt/U-are takes the cake though (well, Marth's grabs are just plain homophobic.)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Maelstrom

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

This week Target is doing a deal where if you buy 1 reservation card, you get 2 free. Each reservation card is $1 and comes with a $5 gift card when you pick up the game. I reserved the Wii U game and got a free 3DS reservation for both my brother and me B)

Nebbles

...dang, I kind of wish I knew that before pre-ordering at Gamestop. At least I'll get the Wii U version for the holidays.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

FierceDeity

Quote from: Echo on May 26, 2014, 01:23:30 PMEspecially design. Non-Toon Link is ugly in Brawl. >_>

WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE TWILIGHT PRINCESS'S ART STYLE

Quote from: blueflower999 on May 26, 2014, 09:27:24 AMWhy is Toon Link so much higher than Link on the tier list?
Quote from: Waddle Bro on May 26, 2014, 09:38:25 AMBecause Toon Link is pretty much better at every aspect than Link.

I've been confused about this a lot, too. TL is a bit faster, but he's also weaker. A lot of people like his down+A in the air for being faster, for some reason, but it's so much worse, imo. First of all, you can only go down vertically, so it's impossible to use it for a quick, arced-jump finishing move. Second, it has so little damage and distance hit in comparison to Link's, so it can't really be used as a finishing move at all. Boomerang, I guess it's a matter of playstyle, but it's really fun to combo regular link's boomerang in a way that either drags them back for an easy smash hit, or makes them dodge into other attacks (usually bombs. abuse the shit out of bombs).

It's mostly just funny to me because a lot of my friends have challenged this view of mine, 1v1ed me as TL versus regular link, and lost horribly...

Petpetfood

Quote from: FierceDeity on June 05, 2014, 06:26:53 PMWHY DOES EVERYONE HATE TWILIGHT PRINCESS'S ART STYLE

I've been confused about this a lot, too. TL is a bit faster, but he's also weaker. A lot of people like his down+A in the air for being faster, for some reason, but it's so much worse, imo. First of all, you can only go down vertically, so it's impossible to use it for a quick, arced-jump finishing move. Second, it has so little damage and distance hit in comparison to Link's, so it can't really be used as a finishing move at all. Boomerang, I guess it's a matter of playstyle, but it's really fun to combo regular link's boomerang in a way that either drags them back for an easy smash hit, or makes them dodge into other attacks (usually bombs. abuse the shit out of bombs).

It's mostly just funny to me because a lot of my friends have challenged this view of mine, 1v1ed me as TL versus regular link, and lost horribly...

Toon Link is also much floatier than Link.  This can be a good or bad thing depending on your views, being floatier allows you to play a much better air-game but also causes you to be knocked back much further.

Toon Link's down+A smash is also a meteor smash if you hit your opponent right as you use the attack; or in other words, sweet spot it. Of course, if you miss and are off the stage, bye bye!

Both boomerangs have their own qualities, so it's just a matter of preference.

I don't really like tier lists, but Toon Link is probably higher up because of his:
-Greater control of the air
-Much better recovery
-Better ability to combo people
-Shorter Hitbox
-EASY ON THE EYES DESIGN

Seriously, I love both design choices, but Twilight Princess has TOO MUCH DARK I CANT EVEN TELL WHERES WHAT