News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

Maelstrom

But everyone knew Falcon was going to be in it.

InfinitySoul

Yeah he had to be! Can't play smash with out "Falcon Punch" XD

InfinitySoul

Wait! Is Chrom just Robin's final smash!?! He doesn't have a picture on The website.

Echo

Dayyumm

Quote from: InfinitySoul on July 14, 2014, 07:36:06 AMWait! Is Chrom just Robin's final smash!?! He doesn't have a picture on The website.

Yeah, he's a Final Smash. Lucina looks like she has the same moves as Marth too.

Maelstrom

I was hoping for Chrom to be somewhere between Ike and Marth. Oh well.....  :(

InfinitySoul

Yeah..at least they didn't just leave him out completely

Nebbles

Falcon's back, whoo! And the new FE characters look great.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Maelstrom

InfinitySoul

mikey

unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: InfinitySoul on July 14, 2014, 07:45:00 AMYeah..at least they didn't just leave him out completely
Honestly, can't say I'm surprised about that. Chrom doesn't seem to have much to add to the table in terms of playstyle.
Lucina surprised me even more, though. Although I can't shake the impression that she's just a Marth palette swap? They didn't show off any unique moves, which would be the smart thing to do when announcing a new character.
(Disclaimer: I know nothing about Fire Emblem) 
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Echo

Quote from: Dudeman on July 14, 2014, 02:12:36 PMChrom doesn't seem to have much to add to the table in terms of playstyle.

I, uh, kinda doubt that "unique-ness" was the reason for not having Chrom playable, considering they showed Lucina who seems to have the same moves as Marth.

QuoteLucina surprised me even more, though. Although I can't shake the impression that she's just a Marth palette swap? They didn't show off any unique moves, which would be the smart thing to do when announcing a new character.

She has her own page as a newcomer. Seems like she just shares Marth's moves, like Roy did in Melee. She probably has different physics and move properties/damage, and not to mention the potential for different custom moveset options.

FierceDeity

Well, I figured they wouldn't be adding both Chrom and Lucina, but I still expected them to include at least one of them, seeing as they're the most relevant "blue-haired FE swordfighters" at the moment (wow wait that's actually the pattern they're following, isn't it?). I'm really happy they included Robin, though, and I can't wait to see how the battle system is actually going to work with his tomes. Also, having Chrom in his final smash agrees pretty well with the partner system from the original game, so I'm pretty happy with that.

Quote from: Echo on July 14, 2014, 02:27:22 PMI, uh, kinda doubt that "unique-ness" was the reason for not having Chrom playable, considering they showed Lucina who seems to have the same moves as Marth.

Well, seeing as Chrom and Lucina are preeeetty identical in the source game (not counting for mother-attributed skills, or reclassing stuff), I think that a tendency against cloning was probably pretty significant in this decision. I'm hoping that Lucina isn't a total clone of Marth, either. We did only see a small portion of her moveset, after all. Maybe they'll incorporate some of the more popular reclassing/mother attributed skills for her? Though, idk how exactly they'd make galeforce work...
Idk, it seems like they've been straying from adding new clones for this game, and it'd be a shame if they completely broke that trend with Lucina.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Echo

Quote from: zoroark1264 on July 16, 2014, 11:19:29 AMSo it's Lucina, Robin, and Captain Falcon?

Yup. So Lucina's been confirmed to be a clone of Marth, with the main difference being that she doesn't have a damage bonus at the tip, which will probably end up being bad.

Anyways, couple of scans here:
http://nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/smash-bros-scan-1.jpg
http://nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/smash-bros-scan-2.jpg

lol Kirby