Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

SlowPokemon

My favorite thing is how people think that every time a new character announced, they're taking up one of the "limited character slots." There are not a set amount of characters for these games! xD Like with Lucina, she's got the same moves as Marth so it's actually more of a bonus that she's included.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Waddle Bro

Yeah, but to me it's a disappointment when they announce characters I couldn't give less shit about when I'm just here waiting for my wishlist to come true. It's not like they have unlimited time to add more characters, they should be focusing on coding my wanted characters if you ask me

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Waddle Bro on July 29, 2014, 09:45:13 AMYeah, but to me it's a disappointment when they announce characters I couldn't give less shit about when I'm just here waiting for my wishlist to come true. It's not like they have unlimited time to add more characters, they should be focusing on coding my wanted characters if you ask me

yeah it's not like the character list has been final for over a year now
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

All this game is missing is it physically being in my hands, to be honest.

Other than that it's great so far.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Waddle Bro

yeah but the character list hasn't been revealed yet and if they had more time for coding there would be a chance for more characters than there will be now

FierceDeity

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 29, 2014, 07:42:06 AMhttp://pleasesakurai.tumblr.com/

mmd

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 29, 2014, 08:26:24 AMMy favorite thing is how people think that every time a new character announced, they're taking up one of the "limited character slots." There are not a set amount of characters for these games! xD Like with Lucina, she's got the same moves as Marth so it's actually more of a bonus that she's included.

True. But, from a competitive standpoint (not that I can really consider myself part of that community, but meh) it's kinda dangerous to make a roster particularly big, because at a certain point it just becomes an island of viable characters within a pool of nonviable ones. Look at marvel vs capcom (specifically, 2), for example. There were 56 playable characters in MvC2, each player selecting 3 per fight. That's a lot of goddamn possibilities. But only a select few of these combos were actually viable in competitive play. The same ends up being true of SSB. It's not that I think that it can't be more balanced than MvC, or that they should pander to competitive players, but it's kind of disappointing to come to love a character, only to find out that if you ever wanted to take that character to tournament, you're just crippling yourself by playing it. The more characters there are, the more that's going to happen. I don't know if we're at that threshold for competitive/casual preference yet, but it's definitely a reason to be wary of oversaturation.

Quote from: MaestroUGC on July 29, 2014, 10:30:11 AMAll this game is missing is it physically being in my hands, to be honest.

Other than that it's great so far.
^^this. It's not like every character I'd ever want is being included in this smash bros, but it's a damn good roster so far regardless, and the game itself looks great. Characters important to me aren't necessarily as important to the rest of the fanbase; I'd actually be pretty concerned if Sakurai started pandering to my specific tastes/generation.

Dude

Yugi

> Chrom
> Good Character
> Someone liking Chrom over Henry or Basilio

Nebbles

waaaah this video game isn't catering to my personal needs waaaah
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

FierceDeity

sakurai plz i wrote metroid fanfic you have to include every one of my original characters

MaestroUGC

You know he's still going to buy it, he's not fooling anyone.

Least of all me, Maestro.

Nebbles

Nebbles

MaestroUGC

Hmm, I get the feeling that that picture is a fake.

A convincing fake, but a fake nonetheless. I'm onto you Sakurai. I know your tricks.