Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

SuperFireKirby

Is the character on th website list final, or is there more to be added? Because the fact that Charizard is a character and Ivysaur isn't really makes me salty. Ivysaur is sooooo much fun in Project M.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

MaestroUGC

Whatever's on the site is confirmed, there are still (I imagine) a few unannounced characters that will be in the game, though I think it already hit its Pokemon quota.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Kman96

Has anyone seen the "leaked" pictures that have been going around? Nobody here has mentioned them, and I only found out from the GameExplain YouTube channel on a video they relaxed yesterday, and there was a supposed final character list featured.

If those were actually leaks, I would say the joke character is
Wait for it...
Duck Hunt?!?!!
[close]
Party Hard!
[close]

Echo

Quote from: Crazy Hand on August 21, 2014, 10:38:18 AMOh yeah. Ghirahim not playable. Throwing a party (figuratively).

Ghirahim is the only Zelda character on par with Tingle in my opinion.

I don't really get how a one-shot villain and a constantly recurring character who even has his own spin-off series are that comparable, but I guess Sakurai agrees that Ghirahim and Tingle are on par with each other, seeing as they're both Assist Trophies.

Quote from: Kman96 on August 21, 2014, 02:51:31 PMHas anyone seen the "leaked" pictures that have been going around? Nobody here has mentioned them, and I only found out from the GameExplain YouTube channel on a video they relaxed yesterday, and there was a supposed final character list featured.

If those were actually leaks, I would say the joke character is
Wait for it...
Duck Hunt?!?!!
[close]

I'm gonna try not to say anything about those because there's been nothing to debunk or verify it. Nothing's proven it fake so far as I can tell, and there's no way to know for sure if it's real.

My favourite attempt at debunking it though was how people pointed out that the line above Kirby in the Character Select was thicker than the lines above the other two CPU characters, but then people found out from old demo videos that that's actually a glitch in the game.

BlackDragonSlayer

It's fun to speculate, but you can never tell with leaks. >_<

Spoiler
If they're getting rid of Ice Climbers, though, I think the Duck Hunt Dog would make sense to include as a representative of older NES games.
[close]
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Maelstrom

It's been indirectly confirmed that Ice Climbers will not return. They said the 3DS can't handle 5 fighters at once, or fighters made up of more than one person.

Echo

Quote from: maelstrom. on August 21, 2014, 04:35:44 PMIt's been indirectly confirmed that Ice Climbers will not return. They said the 3DS can't handle 5 fighters at once, or fighters made up of more than one person.

Source?

I mean, they have Rosalina & Luma, for example.

Edit: leak related, laughed at the Japanese reaction to it
Spoiler
http://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2014/08/21/what-do-japanese-gamers-think-of-the-smash-leak/

867: ミュウツーリドリークルール居ないとか外人作じゃないな

"I guess a foreigner didn't make this as Mewtwo, Ridley and K. Rool aren't in it."
[close]

SlowPokemon

IF THATS OFFICIAL I WILL BE SO HAPPY BECAUSE MY FAVORITE MARIO VILLAIN IS ON IT

Spoiler
BOWSER JR. PLEASE OMFG
[close]

But the mii fighters aren't there oops
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Echo

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 21, 2014, 06:08:43 PMBut the mii fighters aren't there oops

Apparently you pick Mii Fighters through a completely different menu option just for them. Which makes sense, seeing as they wouldn't appear on the roster for random online play and such.

Waddle Bro

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 21, 2014, 06:08:43 PMIF THATS OFFICIAL I WILL BE SO HAPPY BECAUSE MY FAVORITE MARIO VILLAIN IS ON IT

Spoiler
BOWSER JR. PLEASE OMFG
[close]

But the mii fighters aren't there oops
This so muchhhhhhhh GOD I LOVE HIM

FireArrow

Quote from: maelstrom. on August 21, 2014, 04:35:44 PMIt's been indirectly confirmed that Ice Climbers will not return. They said the 3DS can't handle 5 fighters at once, or fighters made up of more than one person.

This made me sad. :(
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

SlowPokemon

???????????????

The composer from Danganronpa is on that list I'm???
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Waddle Bro

I dislike how much effort they put into layering the drums on the Multi-Man Smash.

Rio Hamamoto was a familiar and surprising name to see, I like his work.

Echo

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 22, 2014, 04:02:36 AM???????????????

The composer from Danganronpa is on that list I'm???

Guess Sakurai's a fan, since the guy worked on Brawl and Uprising too.