Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

MaestroUGC

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo stops announcing characters, what with the game set for release in one month. Got to have something to surprise people with.

I wouldn't be surprised if Snake doesn't return, though. Sakurai has stated multiple times that he wants to keep third parties to a minimum, and with Sonic, Pac-Man, and Mega-Man already confirmed I doubt we'll see any more.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Nebbles

Well, the game also releases in Japan in about three weeks. We'll have everything then.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Dudeman

From the bottom of my heart, I don't want this leak to be true. It just feels so...wrong, somehow. All the same, I can't live in denial, so I'll accept it as true. I do like the fact that Bowser Jr.'s in it (not like I was expecting him, but it's good to see a nice unique addition), the Duck Hunt Dog doesn't sit too well with me, I'm flabbergasted that Dr. Mario is in again, and what is up with Wario's left eye in his mugshot? All the same, we can't forget that there are 30-odd characters that have already been announced that we've already been preparing for, so I shouldn't discount the game just on the newcomers in the leaks. I'm still super excited to play this game. Ridley please don't fail me now
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

KefkaticFanatic

Snake was a highly popular character, so if they did claim to be trying to keep the competitive scene happy then they would be making a mistake by removing him lol

me irl
[close]

Echo

Quote from: maelstrom. on August 25, 2014, 07:14:34 PMBroken already. Nintendo is fast.  :P

Rats. There are still these backups too though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiOWnujhhPs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkNY3RezXlk&list=PLffOZhWifkP8va9vwU5z7pYhcLx2L5mJC&index=1

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 25, 2014, 09:00:12 PMThe 'leaks' are pretty sketch city though, with claims that there's no Snake or Ice Climbers.  I find that highly doubtful, so I would guess that they're either very nice fakes or just incomplete.

The leak's incomplete in terms of the character roster. One of the other pictures shows that All-Star Mode still isn't unlocked.

And eh, at this point, I'm pretty convinced by the leak due to all the pictures and the video footage. Or for even more recent evidence, the latest Miiverse "Pic of the Day" calls the Final Destination version of Gerudo Valley the "Omega" form of it, which is a term that matches well with this pic from the leak:
Spoiler
[close]

InfinitySoul

Here are my reasons I believe its fake
1.Lucina should be with the Fire Emblem characters along with Dark Pit being with the Kid Icarus characters and Dr.Mario with the Super Mario Characters
2.Classic Smash tradition is doing that and putting the characters names under/above the character

But a possibility is

Lucina, Dr. Mario, and (presumably) Dark Pit are all clones, so it would make sense that they are all together honestly

The Shulk gameplay seemed very similar to Marth's moveset. The leak is like a fusion of half and half. Some things are easily explained and some are just hard to explain. Its most likely just a mod of brawl, the stages they used were obvious reskins of brawl stages. Shulk's voice clips are ripped straight from xenoblade, which nintendo might actually do, but I dont think they would do that. The trophies shown have mostly been in official footage of the game, and the new trophies are just models from other games. I cant explain the Duck Hunt Dog, I can't explain the Bowser JR. gameplay...we just have to wait till the game comes out

InfinitySoul

Also forgot that not all the characters are unlocked so everyone is randomly arranged, I still think its fake though :P

Dudeman

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 25, 2014, 10:25:06 AMAlso, all of Dream Team's music deserves to be in this game, but most of all I hope the following pieces are included:
"Sacred Somnom Woods" or "Dreamy Somnom Labyrinth"
"Never Let Up!"
"Size Up Your Enemy"
"The Final Antasma Battle"
Well, it's not one of those, but...
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Mashi

Maelstrom

I just realized that having ACE doing music basically reconfirms Shulk's presence.

Xenoblade music just because:
Spoiler
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Dudeman on August 27, 2014, 09:33:56 AMWell, it's not one of those, but...

Huh, well it's something. I don't really like that remix but it's a great composition anyway.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dudeman

Quote from: maelstrom. on August 27, 2014, 10:03:25 AMI just realized that having ACE doing music basically reconfirms Shulk's presence.
Yeah, and having Masato Coda means we're getting the Monster Hunter, right?
:P I don't think so.
Not saying Shulk's not in the game; he probably is. But the composer list doesn't reveal anything about the playable fighters.

Maelstrom

Quote from: Dudeman on August 27, 2014, 10:35:21 AMYeah, and having Masato Coda means we're getting the Monster Hunter, right?
:P I don't think so.
Not saying Shulk's not in the game; he probably is. But the composer list doesn't reveal anything about the playable fighters.
Ok, you are correct.

K-NiGhT

I was looking at the website just now, and where you can view the characters, there's a little bar down at the bottom which scrolls through all the characters introduced at this point. I also noticed that the last page contains Pit and 8 empty spaces.

Obviously, these are going to be secret characters probably only revealed after the game's release, but if I'm correct in assuming that those 8 spaces are going to eventually be used, that means there will be a total of 45 characters. that would be the most characters in any smash game to date.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Dudeman

Hm, good eye, K-NiGhT. So then, who would those characters be?
If we include the unannounced Brawl veterans (Ganondorf, Wario, Game&Watch, and probably one Star Fox character), that only leaves 4 spaces for newcomers, unless I'm forgetting someone important...did anyone count how many characters were on the leaked character select screen?