News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

KefkaticFanatic

Yah, my solution would bypass that problem since you're just riding off of the connection your laptop gets.  I'm guessing your university is using WPA-Enterprise then, in which case that's a bummer lol.  Do they not provide ethernet to your room? ._.

me irl
[close]

Kman96

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 15, 2014, 12:44:59 PMYah, my solution would bypass that problem since you're just riding off of the connection your laptop gets.  I'm guessing your university is using WPA-Enterprise then, in which case that's a bummer lol.  Do they not provide ethernet to your room? ._.
The only thing I understood about this was Ethernet, which is a whole 'nother problem in itself.

I arrived in my dorm three days before check in for a pre-orientation retreat, and so I just threw my stuff on a side before I left for three days. When I came back, and after my family had already left, my roommate and I discovered that my side of the room doesn't have an ethernet port, only a telephone port. I'm looking into talking to someone in the tech department to see if there isn't a way I can change that, or what not.

There are other ethernet ports in the dorm, though, I'm fairly sure. I've just never used ethernet before, so...

...Ignore everything I've just said. While sure, that's a problem, I just discovered an easy remedy to my 3DS problem. I have an iphone. And an iPhone can create a personal hotspot with it's own singular password. I'm going to test that out, and with hopefully success, I will be able to download the demo with the code Shadowkirby gave me.
Party Hard!
[close]

Kman96

Doublepost because, well, you'll see.

My plan worked. Got my phone to connect my 3DS to wifi. It's been a trek for the past few days, but then shadowkirby told me just a few minutes ago that because he assumed I wasn't able to connect to wifi (which I also believed, but I also didn't give up so quickly), he gave the code to somebody else.

So, to end this melodramatic 3DS internet issue, if someone on here has a demo code that they haven't given out yet and would like to make a college kid regret every hour he plays it instead of doing his homework, this one will gladly take it off your hands. Thank you. I could always just wait until the regular demo release, as well. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat, tho.
Party Hard!
[close]

KefkaticFanatic

Basically, I'm saying you can make your own hotspot, but instead of using your phone's internet (and data plan), you would use the internet from your laptop :B

It would require your own router of course, but if you're there for a year and want to regularly use wireless on devices that can't connect to the school network it could be worth it ;)  Assuming you don't have an unlimited data plan of course o:

You could also go the super easy route and buy a longass ethernet cable and switch if required so you can hook up your own router that way :P  I know that we have some dorms with only a single port per room..

me irl
[close]

K-NiGhT

My university doesn't allow us to bring our own routers ._.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

fingerz

Hahaha! That could be an option, but then again, I could just wait a couple of weeks 'til I catch up with a friend of mine and get it then. Or I could just wait 'til I get the game. XD
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Dudeman

All right, it's finally been settled: Sakurai has revealed in an interview with Famitsu that the Ice Climbers were cut due to 3DS system limitations. He even mentions that they worked on the WiiU version just fine. Also, the lack of Ice Climber games in the last, oh, 30 YEARS put them towards the bottom of the list in terms of priority.

I swear, if ANYONE uses the Rosaluma argument to say they should be in, I'm gonna...
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

KefkaticFanatic

It wasn't really that their franchise was or wasn't popular (just because Kid Icarus had some reboot new game doesn't mean it's suddenly a popular franchise... :P), but more that they were popular characters *in Smash* since the N64 game, and people are understandably miffed that they cut a longstanding choice.

Also sup all those 'gameplay over grafphix' kids.  Nintendo pls hire outside talent to fix your hardware and online divisons

me irl
[close]

Olimar12345

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on September 16, 2014, 08:59:48 PMthey were popular characters *in Smash* since the N64 game

The Ice Climbers weren't in the 64 version. They were introduced in melee.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Kman96

$20 says that a "Project M"-like mod will be produced that allows the Wii U version to use Ice Climbers.

If they made Mewtwo and Roy playable for Brawl, who's to say that they can't do the same thing for the Wii U version? I can see it now. The 3DS is highly unlikely to get such a mod, which I don't think too many people would be upset about.
Party Hard!
[close]

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

If you're seriously that worked up about ice climbers play melee or brawl lmfao
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Yugi

im using the rosaluma argument to say that they should be in

Dudeman

Quote from: Yugi on September 16, 2014, 10:20:57 PMim using the rosaluma argument to say that they should be in
*gunshot*

In all seriousness, it's less about having two characters work as one and more about four-player online Ice Climber-only matches. Ridiculous? Yes, but enough to convince Sakurai not to include them.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book