News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

Waddle Bro

Ridley's shadow was shown on the Metroid stage ages ago.

K-NiGhT

Plus people are complaining that they don't get to play as Ridley. As if it would ever work in the first place. Having a giant dragon among tiny things like Pikachu is slightly unbalanced imo
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

SlowPokemon

Bowser is roughly the same size as Mario in almost every game though unless something is making him huge or the Bros. small
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FierceDeity

Okay, while Bowser is definitely smaller than Ridley, I think "same size as Mario" is going a little far, seeing as:

nope

still nope

definitely nope

KefkaticFanatic

If you really want to go with the scale argument, then somebody just has to say Olimar and it's over :P

If they really wanted to, they could easily make Ridley into a fighter.  I mean, they made goddamn Duck Hunt Dog into a fighter.

I don't give 2 shits whether or not Ridley is a character, but it's definitely not just "well he's too big" lol

edit: also what FD said :P

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: FierceDeity on October 24, 2014, 02:03:36 PMThing

Okay I know this really has nothing to do with the conversation at this point, but dude you're using exceptions--the Super Mario 64 size difference was changed in the DS remake to use modern character models, Paper Mario is a totally different beast (and besides, in that series Mario is about the height of his mushroomless self in the main series), and according to the Mario wiki, in Super Mario Sunshine, before the fight Mario is "shocked to see Bowser at such a large size for apparently no reason."

Aside from that, the only instances of Bowser being much bigger than Mario are in New Super Mario Bros. 2, Wii, and U (when Kamek and the Koopalings use magic to make him about 100 times his size), Super Mario Galaxy 2 (due to absorbing energy from the power stars), and if you want to count spinoffs, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story/Dream Team (the Bros. shrink for some unknown reason when they enter his body in the former, and Bowser grows huge as part of the story several times in each game). All of the other games have Mario and Bowser's size relationship not far off from what Smash portrays it as. My point still stands.

KefkaticFanatic

He's certainly not always jumbo huge, but he's definitely *larger*.  If comparing Bowser to Mario ratio to Ridley to Samus, then yea, it would be closer to the same.

But what I was trying to say was that they obviously scale characters to work in battles.  Pikachu and Jigglypuff are 1ft tall according to Pokedex, and of course there's Olimar like I mentioned, so they just warp things to make it work with gameplay.

And I mostly just said Bowser cause k-night said 'giant dragon among tiny things like Pikachu" :P

Amusingly enough, there was an instance of Ridley and Samus together in one of the Melee videos with a much smaller difference in size than seen with the new game.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

mikey

unmotivated

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Yugi

A friend of mine, in a match, decided to make boomerangs the only avaliable item in the match.

We then spent 5 minutes furiously blocking each others boomerangs in order to hit each other.

Smash 4 is the best game ever.

mikey

unmotivated