News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

FierceDeity

what a nub

Mario continues to be my favorite character to do grab combos with
Just because it's so difficult to mess up, so the other player doesn't even get the solace of "Oh wow this player's really good at timing", more just "HOW MANY TIMES CAN YOU SPAM UP TILT FUCK"

K-NiGhT

spamming up tilt seems to be a whole metagame because so many characters have that option ;P Mario, Luigi, Lucario, Sheik, etc xD
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

mikey

it seems dudeman is physically unable to play any character other than rob, who has a broken projectile block
unmotivated

FireArrow

NoS... what?
Also what the hells is this nesslock? Spamming PK-Fire? (smash DI exists yo.)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

FierceDeity

Quote from: K-NiGhT on January 19, 2015, 04:56:52 PMspamming up tilt seems to be a whole metagame because so many characters have that option ;P Mario, Luigi, Lucario, Sheik, etc xD

Lol yep. Disabling up jump is basically the best thing you can do for yourself

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 19, 2015, 05:07:40 PMit seems dudeman is physically unable to play any character other than rob, who has a broken projectile block

Tbh the window on his projectile block isn't all that big. You have to time it right, and even if you do, it can still leave you vulnerable to a punish afterwards, depending on the projectile.

Quote from: FireArrow on January 19, 2015, 05:21:14 PMNoS... what?
Also what the hells is this nesslock? Spamming PK-Fire? (smash DI exists yo.)

I'm gonna assume it has something to do with his forward air, for which yeah DI still exists

Maelstrom

Basically, his entire strategy while playing against me was spam PK fire and follow up with a grab. I just stank at punishing after I rolled out of it backwards.

mikey

PK fire (especially while airborne) usually disables them for a couple frames (longer while airborne); if you're right next to them (which happened quite a bit with mael when he missed backslash lol) you can follow up with a grab, punch em a few times, then down throw before they can get out of the grab, then hit them with a PK thunder while they can't move from the down throw.  When all is said and done you've got the damage from PK fire while damage from smacking +damage from down throw + a few pk thunders on em and usually they can't get out of it.  It works better with heavier characters also.

I was hoping dudeman would try out the lock but he didn't want to apparently (also when he played captain fabulous I rekt him :P )
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

Quote from: FierceDeity on January 19, 2015, 05:27:03 PMLol yep. Disabling up jump is basically the best thing you can do for yourself
I tried that a while ago, but for some reason I couldn't get the hang of it. I'm super used to using it, and i can usually pull off an up-tilt without difficulty. My problem is getting smashes instead of tilts :P
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Dudeman

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 19, 2015, 05:53:40 PMI was hoping dudeman would try out the lock but he didn't want to apparently
WE DID. That first match where you beat me, I waited around on my first stock assuming you would do the lock. You did. PK Fire to grab to pummel to down throw to PK Thunder. After I learned it I practiced getting around it. DI's for dayzzz.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 19, 2015, 05:53:40 PM(also when he played captain fabulous I rekt him :P )
Rekt? Ohhhhhhh what a joke. If you define rekt as playing as Duck Hunt and ONLY ROLLING BACK AND FORTH ACROSS FINAL DESTINATION WHILE SPAMMING THE HELL OUT OF YOUR SIDE- AND NEUTRAL-SPECIALS, then yes. I got rekt.

Learn to not spam. It's not fun. It doesn't feel like a challenge. It's just hella annoying. That match with Bowser Jr. nearly did it for me. God, that was dumb.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

Oy the bowser jr match was me trying to make the jump on my bowser kart for 2 stocks!
And that was my first time playing duck hunt trio lol I only had time to figure out what those 2 moves did before you chose your character.
unmotivated

FierceDeity

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 19, 2015, 05:53:40 PMPK fire (especially while airborne) usually disables them for a couple frames (longer while airborne); if you're right next to them (which happened quite a bit with mael when he missed backslash lol) you can follow up with a grab, punch em a few times, then down throw before they can get out of the grab, then hit them with a PK thunder while they can't move from the down throw.  When all is said and done you've got the damage from PK fire while damage from smacking +damage from down throw + a few pk thunders on em and usually they can't get out of it.  It works better with heavier characters also.

I was hoping dudeman would try out the lock but he didn't want to apparently (also when he played captain fabulous I rekt him :P )

Lol no yeah, directional influence kinda pokes some major holes in this strat. I just tried it against a few people in for glory to be sure, and even against a bad Ike, it was still pretty ineffective (despite kicking their ass, regardless). Also, I'm having a really hard time seeing how PK thunder could ever be a part of a true combo; horizontal knockback on his dthrow is far too high for it to reach them before they can air dodge it. (A much better combo is short hopping into his forward air)

Quote from: K-NiGhT on January 19, 2015, 06:09:55 PMI tried that a while ago, but for some reason I couldn't get the hang of it. I'm super used to using it, and i can usually pull off an up-tilt without difficulty. My problem is getting smashes instead of tilts :P

That setting kinda solved that issue for me, too; without worrying about accidentally jumping, it's a lot simpler to just tap A rather than accidentally holding over, imo. Then again, I never used up to jump in the first place, so meh

Quote from: Dudeman on January 19, 2015, 06:36:36 PMWE DID. That first match where you beat me, I waited around on my first stock assuming you would do the lock. You did. PK Fire to grab to pummel to down throw to PK Thunder. After I learned it I practiced getting around it. DI's for dayzzz.Rekt? Ohhhhhhh what a joke. If you define rekt as playing as Duck Hunt and ONLY ROLLING BACK AND FORTH ACROSS FINAL DESTINATION WHILE SPAMMING THE HELL OUT OF YOUR SIDE- AND NEUTRAL-SPECIALS, then yes. I got rekt.

Learn to not spam. It's not fun. It doesn't feel like a challenge. It's just hella annoying. That match with Bowser Jr. nearly did it for me. God, that was dumb.

Granted, succumbing to spam is almost as bad as resorting to it...not quite, but almost :P
But yeah, playing a match oversaturated with spam is no fun, win or lose. Shame on you, noc.

mikey

unmotivated

Dudeman

Is it easier to DI to the side or up out of PK Fire? Does anyone know?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

FierceDeity

Depends where you're hit, but up is typically easier to avoid grab with, side is easier to avoid further fire damage with.

mikey

imo it worked pretty successfully against maelstrom
unmotivated