News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

fingerz

Maybe.

I tend to think having a great rally with family and friends is much more entertaining than watching overweight, ghost-pale, sleep-deprived nerds who waste their lives by spending thousands of hours as one character, perfecting their technique to the point of insanity just to beat everyone else who plays the game AND then end up blowing up in peoples' faces if they don't win. Sheesh. I think the point of a game is to enjoy it. Nothing's enjoyable in a hostile environment like that...   :-\
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

mikey

unmotivated

K-NiGhT

Quote from: fingerz on October 12, 2015, 05:46:10 PMoverweight, ghost-pale, sleep-deprived nerds
you know nothing about the competitive smash scene if you think that's what the average player looks like.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

fingerz

Fellas, it's a generalisation! I'm not putting any of you down! I'm just sayin' that the majority of people I've ever seen play any Smash Bros. game beyond 'fun' needs to be doing something else productive with their lives. They're not very nice people, let's put it that way. Hence I steer clear of anything tournament-wise here... It attracts the people who need to put someone else down in order to feel good about themselves. :(
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

K-NiGhT

Quote from: fingerz on October 12, 2015, 10:29:16 PMFellas, it's a generalisation! I'm not putting any of you down! I'm just sayin' that the majority of people I've ever seen play any Smash Bros. game beyond 'fun' needs to be doing something else productive with their lives. They're not very nice people, let's put it that way. Hence I steer clear of anything tournament-wise here... It attracts the people who need to put someone else down in order to feel good about themselves. :(
that's a terrible and outright wrong generalization of the Smash community.

fingerz

Come to Australia and you'll find that is the competitive Smash community. And the Pokemon one. And every other game that's competitive. :P

K-NiGhT

Quote from: fingerz on October 12, 2015, 10:36:11 PMCome to Australia and you'll find that is the competitive Smash community. And the Pokemon one. And every other game that's competitive. :P
I watched BAM 7 a few months ago and found the Australian community to be just fine.

fingerz

Aha. Well I live here and have attended enough of 'em around Melbourne to know it's not fun at all.

Jompa

Quote from: fingerz on October 12, 2015, 05:46:10 PMI think the point of a game is to enjoy it. Nothing's enjoyable in a hostile environment like that...   :-\
Well, you know, when you're actually good at the game, it's only enjoyable when you actually meet good oponents. You don't find these people on "for fun" free-for-alls online.
I don't know about the Australian community, but it's clearly different from Oslo. Tournaments are extremely fun when the people there are nice, passionate about Smash, and most of all, good at the game! If I didn't go to tournaments, how would I get to play good people?!
Just like you, I don't like people who blow up in your face when they loose, blaming all sorts of things like controllers and lag. I do get a little salty when people win by bullshit means, but letting this affect their temper is something only certain people do. I promise you, I have never met a good player who can't control their emotions. I've met a whole lot of bad players who can't control their emotions. So your community sounds really really sad, and bad. You can have your opinion ofc, but as facts your points aren't valid in the slightest way.
Birdo for Smash

fingerz

Yeah, I rocked up at a tournament once to see a 3DS fly through the front window of the building. Clearly there's something wrong with people here...  ???

K-NiGhT

Quote from: fingerz on October 13, 2015, 04:21:07 PMYeah, I rocked up at a tournament once to see a 3DS fly through the front window of the building. Clearly there's something wrong with people here...  ???
one person being salty doesn't make the whole community terrible tbh

fingerz

I'm not just talking about one instance. Seriously, I'm yet to come across someone who's actually not a cock at those tournaments... :(

mikey

unmotivated

Yellow

QuoteWell, we are officially on Cloud 9. See his reveal trailer:

US: https://youtu.be/nc3CY31kMJ4
UK: https://youtu.be/wah7AGkkzl4

Not a drill. I repeat, this is not a drill.
your arrow creates a fire in my heart like none other
Spoiler
[close]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle