Need a music layout/edit that your Finale product can't handle? Ask here!

Started by ZeldaFan, June 02, 2008, 02:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Perhaps this isn't the right place to ask, but can someone help me with putting proper NSM standard format on my sheet in Notepad after I imported the XML (skype would be preferable, but PM should be fine)
what is shitpost

Devster44

Hey :D!  I need a sheet layout with:

--Add a tempo/metronome marking (quarter=80)
--Without the Piano/Pno abbreviation
--Without "Score" written in the upperleft
--"Andante" written to the left of the tempo/metronome marking in bold

I work in Finale 2012, so these options aren't really available.  I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me out ^-^.

Zunawe

Assuming:
   C Maj
   4/4
   Or that you have the ability to change that (but I don't think so)

Also, if you're planning on submitting something to the site, we keep the Piano label on the first line. Also, the copyright info at the bottom is what we typically use here, but feel free to delete it or edit it if you're not making anything for here.

Link
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Devster44

Oh my god, thank you so much ^-^!  Yeah sorry for not mentioning the key and time signatures, but the song's in C major and 4/4 time anyways, so no worries.  Thanks again, I really appreciate it :D!

Latios212

We can just change the key signature on your sheet itself if you like.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Devster44

Quote from: Latios212 on June 26, 2015, 11:34:24 AMWe can just change the key signature on your sheet itself if you like.

WAIT!  I just found out how to change.  My Finale can't do anything, but it just so happens it can change key signatures!  Thanks for all the help guys.  Keep an eye out for K.K. Moody ;D!

TheMarioPianist

Hey guys!

Could anyone with the capability take this sheet and make the following changes? Thanks in advance!  :D

-Put an 8va on the extremely high D in the treble clef in measure 12
-Put an 8vb in the bass clef in the following sets of measures, inclusive: measures 45-62 and measures 89-93
-Change the key signature to F minor (4 flats) at measure 65*
-Change the key signature to Ab minor (7 flats, yikes :o) at measure 73*
-Change the key signature back to G major (1 sharp) at measure 81
-Add a tempo marking of 208bpm
-If possible, make the Swing text look not so ugly...

Notice the * next to the two short key signature changes. That means that if you evaluate the sheet and think that a different key is appropriate for either section, by all means use that key. Let me know if you do that, and I will probably agree with you.

Thanks guys, the help is appreciated!
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Latios212

Here. I can't say anything about the accuracy of the key changes, but I think I got everything you mentioned. There's a bunch of cosmetic things that need to be touched up, but we'll save that for submission time. Hope it's good enough for now, we can definitely help you touch it up more later on. Let us know if you need anything else. Great work! ;)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Latios212 on July 12, 2015, 09:29:30 PMI can't say anything about the accuracy of the key changes, but I think I got everything you mentioned.

Thanks, but actually one quick thing I forgot to mention. In measure 95, my goal was to have a D play on beat 1 and then "trill" between D and F in beats 2-4. I know there is some kind of ornamentation for that, but a regular trill doesn't work because the notes are not adjacent. Could you help me out there?

Quote from: Latios212 on July 12, 2015, 09:29:30 PMThere's a bunch of cosmetic things that need to be touched up, but we'll save that for submission time. Hope it's good enough for now, we can definitely help you touch it up more later on. Let us know if you need anything else. Great work! ;)

Oh God, I know how ugly it looks. I'm nowhere near ready for submission. I still have some chords and bass notes to polish up. But the other problem is hiding rests in the second layer. Notepad doesn't do that, so I have to XML it over to MuseScore. However, when I bring it back, I lose the Swing. Hopefully this isn't too much to ask for, but could you possibly hide the second layer rests? Because I know that if I do it my way I'll have to bring the .mus back to fix swing, the key changes, the 8va and 8vb; everything. So if you could do that it would be awesome.  ;D

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Latios212

I'm about to sleep so not right now, but soon! Would you mind finishing up note input first before we worry about all the other stuff? Just so we don't start fixing aesthetics before the notes are all there and saving some back-and-forth time.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: Latios212 on July 12, 2015, 09:53:41 PMI'm about to sleep so not right now, but soon! Would you mind finishing up note input first before we worry about all the other stuff? Just so we don't start fixing aesthetics before the notes are all there and saving some back-and-forth time.

Sure thing! I understand that; there's a good chance the second layer will undergo revision in some areas. Hopefully note input should be minimal; basically adding chords in some weaker spots in the melody and fixing up the last section of the bass line. I know I probably have some wrong notes in there, but I don't know what to do! Even the distortion caused by playing a YT video 1/2 speed doesn't distort the pitches. Its either the percussion or the melody, and I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

Btw, when you do get back to this you can at least fix the measure 95 thing, right? I guarantee that measure is set in stone and will not change. And I'm stupid, what I was looking for was a tremolo. But I can only do it on a single note/chord, not between two notes/chords. So that's a clearer description of what I need. D on beat 1, tremolo between F and D on beats 2-4.

Update: Actually, I finally got the tremolo myself. So you don't have to do anything else for now. Thanks for the help!

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

mayastarr041

Hey guys!  ;)
I hope this isn't too confusing, but may I have a sheet that, ror the intro it's 4/4 - it starts in C-major before taking a trip to F-major.
The part that repeats is in C-major, and the time sig is the following figure repeated over and over again: 7/4+7/4+6/4+6/4+7/4
And if it's confusing, the key/time sig to to this song because I'm sure Finale Notepad can't handle this....... :/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPDLFdjxgY4
Thanks in advance!
Hero of Trains is the BEST! Love you girl!

Sebastian

If no one else help you, I can when I get home. That might be tonight.....

mayastarr041

Thanks MLF. I don't know where I would be if you weren't here.  :)
Hero of Trains is the BEST! Love you girl!

Sebastian