News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

[DELETED] [PC] Undertale - "Bird That Carries You Over A Disproportionately Small Gap" by ThePopStarDude

Started by Zeta, November 02, 2015, 09:00:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Quote from: FireArrow on November 24, 2015, 10:42:02 PMSince MLF has subtly decreed that only updaters may post now, I must put up my facade in order to sneak my opinion in!
Never said that.

Quote from: FireArrow on November 24, 2015, 10:42:02 PM(3 sexy green war medals)
- It would be nice to add "Grandiose" flavor text or something for the middle section. It's entirely optional, but there's a lot of contrast between the intro and the main part, so it would be nice to point that out to the performer.
-Try to notate in that stringy voice, the middle section doesn't have enough "umph" to it if you catch my drift.
-Double check those chords and remove the octaves, the melody is just one line with lots of underlining harmonies.
:J
Nice. This stuff will enhance the sheet awesomely!

ThePopStarDude

I updated the .mus and .musx files. I got rid of the octaves and instead added accents. Feel free to critique as much as you want.
  I tried about 4 variations of each chord, and felt like these sound the closest/best for the original.
I DON'T NEED FRIENDS!
I'VE GOT KNIVES!

I'm out of knives.

Sebastian

Quote from: FireArrow on November 24, 2015, 10:42:02 PM-Try to notate in that stringy voice, the middle section doesn't have enough "umph" to it if you catch my drift.
You didn't do this which I think you should, but it is optional.
Also
- The con fuoco is clashing with the notes in measure 5. Bring it up a bit.
- Also, could you shrink the staff down to 90%? That'd look more modern imo.

ThePopStarDude

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 29, 2015, 05:56:53 AMYou didn't do this which I think you should, but it is optional.
I don't know what you guys mean by notating in a stringy voice ;_; can someone explain?

I'll do all the other stuff.
I DON'T NEED FRIENDS!
I'VE GOT KNIVES!

I'm out of knives.

Sebastian

Quote from: ThePopStarDude on November 29, 2015, 08:10:17 AMI don't know what you guys mean by notating in a stringy voice ;_; can someone explain?
I think it's cool the way it is. Bespinben likes adding as many voices as possible, but we'll see what he thinks. ;)

Bespinben

Quote from: mariolegofan on November 29, 2015, 12:24:15 PMI think it's cool the way it is. Bespinben likes adding as many voices as possible, but we'll see what he thinks. ;)
False.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

ThePopStarDude

So, uhh, stringy voice or not? MLF seems to think it's fine the way it is, and FireArrow says I should do it.
I DON'T NEED FRIENDS!
I'VE GOT KNIVES!

I'm out of knives.

Bespinben

This is how I personally would arrange the piece:

Part of being an arranger is to interpret lines to so that they are idiomatic of the piano. The pitfall of medieval era polyphonic compositions (i.e. organum) was their disjointedness and lack of attention to the character of the resulting harmonies of juxtaposed melodies. To repeat history would be to "add as many voices as possible" into an arrangement expecting it to sound good, but it just won't. Transposition, inversion, doubling... all are tools you have in this process of adapting a piece for the piano.

(By the way, in case it isn't obvious, playing the way I have arranged requires sustain pedal, and using both hands in the bass clef when indicated via dashed line).
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

ThePopStarDude

WELL, that certainly looks more... complicated. I can really see you're a veteran in music, not just theory but also history. I'll try my best in adding all that.
I DON'T NEED FRIENDS!
I'VE GOT KNIVES!

I'm out of knives.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

ThePopStarDude

I've been in a few performances lately, and I could only start working on it today.
I DON'T NEED FRIENDS!
I'VE GOT KNIVES!

I'm out of knives.

ThePopStarDude

I updated the .Mus file. My Finale 2014 trial ended, so no more .Musx files from now on.

This update was mainly to get all the new things in there. I know some of the chords and whatnot might not be perfect, but I'll change them if necessary. I couldn't add the pedal bar in the bottom with Notepad, so I'll do that later with Musescore.
I DON'T NEED FRIENDS!
I'VE GOT KNIVES!

I'm out of knives.

ThePopStarDude

I DON'T NEED FRIENDS!
I'VE GOT KNIVES!

I'm out of knives.

mastersuperfan

Flip Layers 1 and 2 in the left hand; the stems are all in the wrong directions.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

ThePopStarDude

Yup, that's one of the things I realized Notepad can't do. I'll figure it out.
I DON'T NEED FRIENDS!
I'VE GOT KNIVES!

I'm out of knives.