News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Nintendo @ E3 2016

Started by DonValentino, March 04, 2016, 02:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitro Indigo

One of the people who made Tri Force Heroes said that he was inspired by Spirit Tracks because he considered the Tower of Spirits to be a form of co-op. RIP Four Swords 2002-2002.

In a Spirit Tracks sequel, I'd like to see them bring back a certain half-forgotten character, though I'll be equally as happy if he ends up as Hyrule Warriors Legends DLC.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Dudeman

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on April 04, 2016, 09:12:51 AMI'd like to see them bring back a certain half-forgotten character, though I'll be equally as happy if he ends up as Hyrule Warriors Legends DLC.
Duuuuuude Byrne as Hyrule Warrios DLC would be awesome. Not getting my hopes up though, since Spirit Tracks isn't exactly the most popular of the titles out there.
Then again, if Marin can get in as DLC, I suppose anything's possible.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nitro Indigo

Seriously, why does nobody remember him? The only time Official Nintendo Magazine (*MLG sad music plays*) mentioned him, they spelled his name wrong. He was one of the most interesting Zelda characters. Everyone remembers Linebeck, so why not him? Is it because Phantom Hourglass sold better than Spirit Tracks?
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

mikey

Linebeck was awesome
Byrne was a jerk until you got far enough into the game which a lot of people probably didn't xD
he takes up an interesting paradigm that isn't usually present in Zelda games- Spirit Tracks had the hierarchy of Malladus>Cole>Byrne which doesn't really happen often with, say Ganon
unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

True. I know a lot of people who didn't get far in Spirit Tracks, but I knew the entire plot before I'd even played it because of YouTube. If Ninty ever make a sequel, I'll try to abstain from as many spoilers as possible, but then again, I tried and failed that with Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon. However, Zelda games usually come out in western countries within the span of a few days.

I started writing a sequel fanfic to Spirit Tracks that's been in my head for years, but the problem is, I haven't felt like writing recently. DX

mikey

I don't think a sequel to spirit tracks is very good because it's the end of toon link's story arc, as it were
>Wind Waker, homeland gets saved
>Phantom Hourglass, they set out on a journey to find a new land
>Spirit Tracks, discover new land with its own evil presence.  Save world

So what comes next?  Ganon finds them?  At this point I wouldn't be surprised if toon link is retired and they spend all their days in Papuchia Village.  The story that was contained in the three games had a definitive ending.  Any more Zelda games will probably take place back in Hyrule

Also I'd totally be down for a SMS2.  I realize that Galaxy pretty much was sunshine 2, but the aesthetic that sunshine gives off as well as the super intense physics made for a more enjoyable game imo.  The atmosphere was much more relaxed and saving the princess/world/cake was an afterthought.
unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

True, but it was just wishful thinking. Though, if he got into HWL, wouldn't there be some form of localization complications? Does HWL have two English translations?
Speaking of ST sequels and fanfics, please read Sky Lines.

Back on-topic, realistically, we're going to finally get actual decent Zelda U news. Maybe.

mikey

based off of something I saw on facebook it seems they're making progress.  I'd expect at least a tentative release date, something more concrete than "2016"
(I'm not a big fan of fanfics)
unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

Some people might like fanfics, though.

I once saw someone on Zelda Universe say that Zelda U didn't exist and that it was a "conspiracy". I couldn't tell if they were joking or not.

mikey

at this point it might as well have been
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 04, 2016, 11:30:30 AMI don't think a sequel to spirit tracks is very good because it's the end of toon link's story arc, as it were
Actually, the protagonist of Spirit Tracks is not the same Link as the one in Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass. I'd hate to see the land of New Hyrule be restricted to one game, but then again, we've never seen Termina, Holodrum, or Labrynna again so it's just wishful thinking at this point.

And yes, I have all the hype for Zelda U news at E3 this year.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

Quote from: Dudeman on April 04, 2016, 12:33:34 PMActually, the protagonist of Spirit Tracks is not the same Link as the one in Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass. I'd hate to see the land of New Hyrule be restricted to one game, but then again, we've never seen Termina, Holodrum, or Labrynna again so it's just wishful thinking at this point.

And yes, I have all the hype for Zelda U news at E3 this year.
I know, 80-100 years later, blah blah blah but I meant that the three games make a three-act play of sorts
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on April 03, 2016, 10:22:15 PMMmmm... on that note, I'd like another Wario Land game. It's not likely at all, but I can hope, no?
That'd be nice, and if I can hope for SMS2, so, too, can you hope for that! :D
Also, to address the comments made in response to mine own, SMG3 would be nice, but I just hope Nintendo does a better job than with 2; it seems as though 2 was less in quality than 1 (although it did have a lot to live up to)
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

SMG2 did seem like a level pack for SMG1 with Yoshi added, rather than its own game. I hope that a SMG3 would have its own identity and try to innovate rather than just add on to what's already there.

also no green stars
don't ever do green stars again

Nitro Indigo

I've never played Super Mario Galaxy. What are green stars?

I'd like them to announce a main Animal Crossing game, but I can understand why they haven't made one for Wii U, because handheld Animal Crossings sell a LOT better than console ones. Wild World sold >11 million copies, while City sold >2 million.