Dekkadeci's VGM Piano Transcriptions: Illusion (F-Zero: GP Legend)

Started by Dekkadeci, June 12, 2016, 04:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dekkadeci

I'm actually sort of looking for help for this one.

Kirby Super Star Ultra's True Arena theme was extremely hard to transcribe completely accurately rhythm-wise--I doubt I got it 100% correct--and I've definitely omitted some accompaniment parts throughout and musical lines in Bars 2-9.

My transcription of the True Arena theme
https://musescore.com/user/9996931/scores/3157976

Kirby Super Star Ultra

The one time this song comes up in the Kirby Super Star Ultra OST, it's glued to the original Arena theme.

I mainly need input on whether I got the melody 100% correct and whether I need to reintroduce all the other accompaniment and Bars 2-9 musical lines. (If I do so, I'm changing their octave voicing--the E below low A sounds pretty ugly compared to the E below Middle C.)

LeviR.star

In terms of looks, it looks pretty nice to me (I'll listen to it when I get home). Oh, and thank you for doing this one; I was waiting for someone to do either The Arena or the True Arena; I attempted the former, but the SNES chords were too tricky for me.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

Oh, and I love the Prism Plains sheet! Loved the added ending to it, too.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dekkadeci

Not really looking for help for this one, but given how popular and beloved it is, I'm not sure how I haven't seen piano sheet music for this one before (and the only set of guitar tabs I've found for it are inaccurate):

It's Simple Sight, the Castle Crashers Necromancer theme!

I throw in variations every time the verse or chorus returns. It gives the song more variety, IMO, but it makes it less strict of a transcription...

Dekkadeci

Not quite looking for help for this one, either, especially considering how much I had to edit it from the actual notes of the source material in order to make it playable in the first place:
It's "A Decisive Blow (StreetPass Arena)" from Shovel Knight!

My transcription of "A Decisive Blow (StreetPass Arena)"
https://musescore.com/user/9996931/scores/3947556

Shovel Knight

Watch NSFPlay play this song:
(OK, you'll probably have to skip to 1:46:51 for "A Decisive Blow")

Jake Kaufman's complete Shovel Knight soundtrack source code is here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56073318/Famitracker/Other%20Songs/Shovel_Knight_Music.nsf

Yup, I took the .nsf at Song 39, transcribed several channels' notes into Musescore, and omitted some other channels' notes.
...And this resulted in a mess that was impossible to play for solo piano. This sat around for years before I finally decided to make this more in the spirit of a Mozart symphony piano transcription (or a NinSheetMusic transcription, for that matter) and move some of the notes' octave voicings around.
Then, I trimmed some of the notes to make this easier to play.

The .nsf says that the C-D-E-F# run in Bar 15 is slightly rhythmically inaccurate, but my ears can't tell the difference reliably.

Dekkadeci

Here goes--I'm going to need help on this one.

My transcription of Meta Knight's theme from Kirby Super Star
https://musescore.com/user/9996931/scores/5085205

Kirby Super Star

The big question: is the melody line in Bars 24-33 100% rhythmically accurate? I'm pretty certain I got all the notes right, just not necessarily in the correct tuplets. This is the best I've figured out so far after listening to "Battle with Meta Knight" at 50% speed on YouTube for a long time, but I still have my doubts sometimes.

Another question: I suspect the triplet into sextuplet in Bars 18-19 is actually a nonuplet that crosses bars (I suspect all its notes are the same length), but I wasn't able to successfully enter that into Musescore. Anyone want to help me with the nonuplet--or is this just more readable?

Third question: There's definitely a downward-going note flare in the treble of Bar 31 that I didn't transcribe because I couldn't make it sound good. Does this transcription need it?

By the way, I cut off the glissando in Bar 33 and adjusted the left hand of Bars 13-18 to make this transcription more playable.

LeviR.star

There's certainly one thing that stuck out: in m13 - 18, the repeated C note seems to be asking a lot of the performer at this tempo (Now, I've been guilty of this in the past myself, but still.) Good sheet, though. It was very brave of you to take on this monster of a song.

Dekkadeci

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 06, 2018, 07:38:56 PMThere's certainly one thing that stuck out: in m13 - 18, the repeated C note seems to be asking a lot of the performer at this tempo (Now, I've been guilty of this in the past myself, but still.) Good sheet, though. It was very brave of you to take on this monster of a song.
Bars 24-33 ask a lot out of the performer in general (evil cross-rhythms, tricky tuplets, fast note runs), so I'm leaving the repeated C there.

LeviR.star

That wasn't really my point, but alright. Maybe someone else out there will be a better judge than me.

Latios212

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 06, 2018, 09:18:50 PMThat wasn't really my point, but alright. Maybe someone else out there will be a better judge than me.
With Levi here. For one, don't let the intended sound justify the difficulty for you - it's all too easy to write something so demanding it's simply off-putting.

As for comparing with the rest of the section, the rest of the section doesn't involve rapidly repeating a single note which is a very different sort of demand than playing a fast run with the right hand - repeating a note that fast with the left hand being one I'm more averse to. I would recommend reconsidering.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dekkadeci

Here comes another transcription that I need help on:

My transcription of Morpho Knight's theme from Kirby Star Allies
https://musescore.com/user/9996931/scores/5268843

Kirby Star Allies

I had significant trouble with the chords throughout this piece, so can you check whether they're all harmonically accurate or whether I missed some notes? I flip-flopped between harmonizations of chords like the first right-hand chord in Bar 50 and the right-hand chord in Bar 52.

Also, I'm not certain about slap bass notes like the 3rd last left-hand note of Bar 29 and the 5th left-hand note of Bar 36.

*oof those fast note runs and their giant leaps look hellish to play though*

Dekkadeci

Yeah, I think I'll need some help on this transcription, too:

My transcription of "Tearing Shadows" from Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem
https://musescore.com/user/9996931/scores/5279025

Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem

I had significant difficulty with the high chords in Bars 5-6 and the chords in Bars 20-21 and Bars 25-26. I'm also not 100% certain about the 16th-note run in Bars 9-10 (that one got hard to hear at times) or the exact tempo change in Bar 18 (which I opted to not precisely notate exactly because I'm uncertain about the tempo there).

Be aware that I likely purposefully shifted several accompaniment notes' octave voicing around, as well as transcribed several drum beats as piano notes. Such is the nature of heavy metal songs like this one.

Dekkadeci

Finally, a transcription I don't need help for!

My transcription of the Dark Meta Knight Battle Intro theme from Kirby & the Amazing Mirror:
https://musescore.com/user/9996931/scores/5293675

Kirby & the Amazing Mirror

I was only alerted that this theme existed when I heard its extended remix in Team Kirby Clash Deluxe. After listening to it, I figured it would be easy and short enough for a weekday evening transcription run. And it was--this loop is only 4 bars long!

I transcribed some of the drum beats as piano notes yet again. I aimed to make this easier to play by going with relatively minimal accompaniment.

Dekkadeci

I might need some help on this transcription, actually.

My transcription of the Square Dance taunt from Team Fortress 2:
https://musescore.com/user/9996931/scores/5344959

All 3 sections of the Square Dance taunt:
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Square_Dance

2 out of 3 sections of the Square Dance taunt:

I couldn't find a YouTube video of the "sustained note" version of the introduction (actually a violin tremolo), so I made my best guess as to what that tremolo precisely was.

...And I hope I got the tempo of the pick-up bars correct.

...And the accompaniment notes of the reel were surprisingly hard to get.

...And is there a way to draw a tie going away from the last D in Bar 1 without connecting it to the D in Bar 2? I couldn't figure out how to do that in Musescore.

And would the formatting of this transcription be good enough for NinSheetMusic, or would I need to change it up or submit each section separately?

Dudeman

Quote from: Dekkadeci on December 07, 2018, 10:17:57 PMI couldn't find a YouTube video of the "sustained note" version of the introduction (actually a violin tremolo), so I made my best guess as to what that tremolo precisely was.
Does this help?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book