Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

"Fixing the Sheets" Project II

Started by Brassman388, January 31, 2009, 08:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALPRAS

Dont forget that I want A lot of Super Mario and StarFox songs :P

Brassman388

Quote from: ALPRAS on March 31, 2009, 04:12:16 AMDont forget that I want A lot of Super Mario and StarFox songs :P

Whenever you want to start them, they will be yours.

4-D

I've fixed "Boss Defeated" from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (see my post on page 2)

Brassman388

random_goldfish

Though there was nothing tragic about the Fourside arrangement...I beefed it up all nice-like. It's on my page.
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

Brassman388

Quote from: random_goldfish on April 01, 2009, 09:32:29 PMThough there was nothing tragic about the Fourside arrangement...I beefed it up all nice-like. It's on my page.

I'll be sure to check it out.

Composer #40

To everybody:
(I claimed this in the last project) I'm going to fix all of my old arrangements meaning anything with "Commander 6" on it. I've already talked to Brassman about his FF claim so don't explode over me.

It happens Every. Day!

Brassman388

Alrighty, sounds good to me. Thanks for the help.

Cobraroll

Well, as stated in another topic on this, I have noticed a couple of songs that may need a little love:

Pokémon RBY's SS Anne has some weird chords here and there. The song sounds nice in Finale, and OK in reality, overall, but when you play it, something sounds a little wrong.

Super Mario 64's Rainbow Ride/Slide/Tick Tock Clock. That .mid is weird, it has the song for about a minute, then there's two minutes of solely the bass (doesn't sound good). Also, I think the bass line in the sheets could need a major revamp.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Brassman388

Alrighty.

Talk to Greek about the pokemon arrangements, and to ALPRAS about the mario arrangements.

Cobraroll

Some Kirby sheets are in desperate need of a revision:

Aboard the Halberd. Someone please, have a look at the layout of those sheets. Page 3 and 4 are crammed with tiny notes, page 5 is just one line. Of tiny notes.

The Green Greens theme drowns in its own bass.

Someone needs to fix the volume of Float Islands, it's barely hearable in Finale.

City Trial is extremely cramped in places, but there is only one line on the last page. Someone should expand some measures (I won't list them, you'll see which when you view the sheet), it won't increase the page count.

On the contrary, I think some measures in Angel Valley could be shrinked a bit to make room for the last measure, which is the only thing on the second page. Saves printer ink and sheets, you know, keeping it to one page.

Marx's Theme has the "Microscopic content but plenty of room for expansion on the last page as there is only one line there"-problem as well.

There are a bunch of unnecessary empty measures at the end of Floria

Same goes for Dynablade, but there is only one empty measure. In return, it's the only thing written on the second page. Too bad to waste an entire A4 sheet just for that.

That was all of Kirby. Have fun, whoever!
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Brassman388

alrighty, i'll get to them as soon as i can.

which most likely won't be long, considering that im not doing most of the final fantasy section anymore. I'll think i'll start on that section.

alrighty,

till then.

4-D

Alrighty then, I've fixed "Lake Hylia" from Zelda Twilight Princess (see my post on page 2)
EDIT: "Kokiri Forest" from Ocarina of Time also fixed

Brassman388

Yay, 4-D is back. and thanks for the new addition.

pumpy_heart

I'll fix my own, as I have said before.
The problem with SS Anne is not necessarily that the chord is wrong..it's just missing the tonic focus of the chord, therefore, sounding weird.