News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The Rant Thread/My Life Sucks Topic [Don't be pricks]

Started by KefkaticFanatic, January 15, 2010, 06:55:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

So...not a very good day today. Got three hours of sleep last night cuz my mom was in the hospital, and you can't just fall asleep with that over your head, ya know? Then today, my Speech teacher told me i didnt meet the minimum requirements of the class, even though she had told me last week i did. Now it's too late to do anything about it, and i don't know if i'm academically ineligable now. This is bad because in two weeks, i'm supposed to go to allstate (orchestra, i play violin) Ugh. Bad bad day.

Thanks for reading :O
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Ruto

@ Jub

If you've dealt with e-homework as much as I have, then you get used to the idea that the system can make mistakes...

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Wrydryn

Quote from: ETFROXX on November 02, 2011, 02:17:43 PMI'm such a fucking screw up. My whole family fucking hates me and I pissed my boyfriend off so baadly he doesn't even want to talk to me, I fucking hate myself

Am I allowed to bother you for not watching Psych?

spitllama

Well the last few days have kind of sucked. They've been those days where if just a couple of the small bad things had happened, it wouldn't really have been that big of a deal. But because the rain had to all come down all at once, the first half of the week becomes really sour. *sigh*
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

DrP

I got a 6 on my Graduation Writing Requirement Exam... UGH!!!

(A passing grade is a 7)

Now I have to wait until next quarter, pay another 35 dollars and retake the exam on a saturday morning.

UGH!

(I swear this is how Cal Poly makes all their money)

ETFROXX

Quote from: Wrydryn on November 02, 2011, 08:47:31 PMAm I allowed to bother you for not watching Psych?

No. But thanks guys. Things are a little better now.

Wrydryn

I just keep racking up the detentions and lates lately. :/

Ruto

Quote from: DrP on November 02, 2011, 11:12:07 PMI got a 6 on my Graduation Writing Requirement Exam... UGH!!!

(A passing grade is a 7)

UGH!

One of my old schools had that. I JUST passed despite having no grammatical errors and a decent argument. I guess they didn't think it was a decent argument because I said typical college students didn't value their education and just don't care about anything so I would understand why they couldn't care less about their government. I also "misinterpreted" a graph. They asked "according to the graphs, are landlines going extinct in the US?" I said no because the graphs indicated that there were still more landlines in the US (and the number was still growing, but not as much as the number of cell phones) than cell phones. Well that answer was wrong apparently.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

DrP

Quote from: Ruto on November 03, 2011, 03:50:07 PMOne of my old schools had that. I JUST passed despite having no grammatical errors and a decent argument. I guess they didn't think it was a decent argument because I said typical college students didn't value their education and just don't care about anything so I would understand why they couldn't care less about their government. I also "misinterpreted" a graph. They asked "according to the graphs, are landlines going extinct in the US?" I said no because the graphs indicated that there were still more landlines in the US (and the number was still growing, but not as much as the number of cell phones) than cell phones. Well that answer was wrong apparently.
My old English professor said that it isn't the English professors who grade the papers. They are psychology, physics, poly sci, etc... professors who grade them. They grade harsher than the English professors, more because they have really no idea how to grade. It is just too terrible.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Ruto on November 03, 2011, 03:50:07 PMOne of my old schools had that. I JUST passed despite having no grammatical errors and a decent argument. I guess they didn't think it was a decent argument because I said typical college students didn't value their education and just don't care about anything so I would understand why they couldn't care less about their government. I also "misinterpreted" a graph. They asked "according to the graphs, are landlines going extinct in the US?" I said no because the graphs indicated that there were still more landlines in the US (and the number was still growing, but not as much as the number of cell phones) than cell phones. Well that answer was wrong apparently.
While not quite at the level of "going extinct", it's similar to the IE v Chrome statistics now.  There's still a large base of users in the old style, and that will increase because it's still the stock default many go for, but as time goes on people will move away from that old standard and eventually not even start out with it as default.

So, not really "going extinct" as of yet, but more like "endangered".

But in the good way.
:D

me irl
[close]

Roz~

I was supposed to meet my friends tonight, but my brother decided to borrow my keys/car without my permission. What the fuck, seriously. That's retarded. Plus he's only had his license for a month and he already destroyed his car. I fear for my car's life. Gawd I'm so freaking mad.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Nakah

People are fucking stupid, and there are too many god damn humans in the world. The population is way too high everywhere, and these absent minded fools of the baby boomer generation are, by far, the worst generation in American history. Go back to your lorazepam-induced lives and continue living like zombies, detached from reality and reasonable thought, while the world you run crumbles around you so that your kids' generation, and their kids' generation, can be the ones to suffer while their lives are spent trying to undo the mistakes that you dumb fucks ignored. Fuck you: coke heads of the 80s. America isn't the America it once was, and it lost that glory once you dumbasses took over. The only generation worthy of respect anymore is the generation that ran the world before the baby boomers. Good job rebelling against the establishment in your 70s and 80s childhood, you sure brought the world into a better direction. Assholes. 

That's what's on my fucking mind, facebook. And fuck the baby boomers for treating facebook like it's the greatest thing ever. It's dumb as fuck and I want nothing to do with it or them ANYMORE.

spitllama

The stupid ones are always the first to reproduce. COMMENCE GENOCIDE FOR NAKAH'S SANITY.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Shadoninja

Quote from: spitllama on November 04, 2011, 04:27:35 PMThe stupid ones are always the first to reproduce. COMMENCE GENOCIDE FOR NAKAH'S SANITY.
*gathers the stupidicide*
awaiting orders, sir!
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

DonValentino

All my friends are completely obsessed with social networks! They only want to take photos everytime and everywhere! I'm sick of it! Damn! Only two of my good friends didn't corrupt with that stupid fashion. Because that is what they are for stupid teens! I don't say they are harmful, but some teens are just... God... Crazy? Stupid? They just care about that! And it's useless! What do they want? To show their "prettiness" to the world? To be the most popular ones? Well, that doesn't matter at all in your future jobs and so. Then they'll cry if they have a job they don't want because of their laziness at school!   :(
Sometimes I think I'm like Samus and I have to resist the corruption of Phazon (social networks and stupidity in general) while I see my friends being corrupted (Rundas, Ghor, Gandrayda and so)... I know, Imma bit melodramatic...  :P  :D

ANYWAYS! Now when I say I prefer forums (Go NSM!  ;D) to social networks they look a me like: "What? Forums? Freak!"
The same when I say I like videogame music... I'm like  ????

Oh! And also! They all prefer war, bloody hi-graphics games to enjoyable ones! I don't mind at all, but at least don't say: "Nintendo is crap, it doesn't have HD graphics or war games!" And trust me, I've heard this phrase A LOT (that's why I want to see their faces when the Wii U launches!  ::)). I don't care whether you like Nintendo or not, but I don't start bashing Sony or Microsoft just because "they don't have enjoyable fun games", do I? So shut the f*** up!

And Pokemon! They all say: "Pokemon is for babies" or "Pokemon is stupid and gay". I mean, have they ever played a single Pokemon game? Some of them have, and now they don't like it, OK, I understand, but don't start bashing it just because! I could do that too with your obsession with photos and social networks, but whateva...   :-\

Please note that when I say "all of them" I mean "the great majority", as some of my friends are clever and don't want to mess up and fail their exams just because of silly photos. And I don't hate social networks or people who have an account on those, it's just that they should be used intelligently.  :)

Wow, what a relief... I hope they read this sometime and realize that they're wasting the chance to have a good future...  ;)